[Spoilers] What's your Opinion on Blood and Wine?

+
one little big detail that this expansion really needs is a fleder contract and a garkain contract, lots of them, big, dangerous, fast, bloodthirsty, maybe nests, not a big dlc just as an update, that would be a powerfull add-on to the game

the night of long fangs quest wasnt enough ?

So this is "A Witcher's End"
Blood and Wine is a masterpiece with some "avant-grade" quest design.
I already feel what you gonna do about it in the future.
Thanks CDPR for the Blood and Wine completes not only just you and me,but the RPG world.
It's a culture legacy for mankind.

So I completed it finally :)

This was just an amazing expansion and very good and worthy ending for this series :) I loved it so much!

Whole time I was having this feeling that I'm kinda celebrating. There was plenty of everything. Merchants had insane amounts of money, very beautiful environment which almost let you smell the air, beautiful city and cosy villages. Plenty of new stuff like inventory, mutagen system, armor colors, monsters... Ah, but all this awesomnes was really deadly ;) My eversohappy and celebrating Geralt bumped into few trolls and got killed right away :D

Shaelmaars were my favorite monsters. They were so cute! I almost cried when I had to
kill that one included to contract :(

I just loved the new Skellige deck, it was amazing!

I loved the story and quests. And of course, I love vampires! I almost pissed in my pants with excitement when I was in
Orianna's place with all those vampires :D I felt so sorry for Dettlaf because he had been used that badly :( And I felt bad for Regis because what he had to do :(

And to all those who says that Dettlaf was powerful idiot...
"When love comes in, all reason flies out" ;) Believe me, I know! Syanna was master manipulator and Dettlaf was passioned and even the best of us makes mistakes. Or I'm just happily stupid and didn't realize why he couldn't be super cool character
:DHe was cool!

I got that terrible ending! I was so shocked! It was just unfair! I almost cried :( Definitely need to play this again and see what is happening with different choices. I also missed a couple of quests, so need to find those too.

There is so much good in that expansion, but I'm not going to write a book about it ;) Maybe there will be some down sides too, but so far I haven't found any. Some minor things could be better, yes, but nothing that bad.

Last edited:
IMO B&W is great. I've played the three different endings and each one had its charm. The prison ending is my favorite. I also like Corvo Bianco and the new additions to the leveling system.

Compared to HoS, I rather play B&W. I didn't like the HoS setting and felt its punk-like characters and its story didn't fit the rest of the game.

Last edited:
-Syanna shouldn't change hearts. We know that from Renfri from the books. A child of the black sun is bloodthirsty. They could just add a plot twist that actually she wasn't a child of the black sun and that's why she actually made peace with her sister because it was possible.

What i get from the game is that Syanna never had the black sun curse.

May i ask u where uve found Anna?
Im doing my best but i couldnt locate her so far.
And.. ya.. I wish to find where Sangreals are as well lol

We find her at the same place where we start "Wine is sacred" quest.
Just further from Palace fast ravel point.

Well after all this, i come to the conclusion that Geralt cant be a bodyguard, one whould belive he whould learn after Foltest death that he has to stay close to the people he is protecting, he was waaaaaaaay too far away from Syanna, and Henrietta on the moment of their deaths.

If you guys remember the CG trailer "A Night to Remember" you might recognize a character after finishing BaW. You'll get what I'm saying after you finish the quest "Blood Simple"

My mind is really blown. Talk about coming full circle!

it is in main game.. all Witcher sets, all levels can be painted. question is, how to get those dyes in normal game play mode... they are only available in Touissaint...

So that's what i mean. It would be great if the paint was available not only in Toussaint :3

So that's what i mean. It would be great if the paint was available not only in Toussaint :3

You can get dyes to the base game trough new game+ They even work on the starting armor..

One thing im bummed about is how we cant play Skellige deck, only after we enter toussaint.. It feels kind a waste..

OMG! Blood and wine DLC is pretty badass.(previous dlc is also badass for me).I'm impressed. CDPred told against the world that how DLC should be. Most of perfect, but I still have small complaint.The side quest "There can be only one" game flow is little bit cranky.It's not smooth game mechanics. I want more clear walk-through "hint" for this side quest. And besides,this is just my wish,I chose Iorveth side in the Witcher2.So,I want to meet again Iorveth in the Witcher3 just like reunion quest with Letho.These are all my complaint about this DLC. Lastly,I really enjoyed last adventure with Geralt of rivia. Now, I felt little bit lonelyness. Because,this is last good-bye with Witcher world. I'm really looking forward to playing next "CyberPunk2077". Please give us another badass adventure !

Ok now ive see it all i gona summarise 3 points of what i think about the endings.

- If Geralt kills Dettlaff, at least Damien must ask him how he was able to do so, since Geralt himselft told him and Henrietta that only a vampire could do that, what Geralt will askwer to that? probably with some evasive, something like "there is another vampire but i cant tell you who it is", if it left as it is, that just a huge plot hole.

-On the tragic ending since the sisters are on the same tomb, i remember the quest "Till death do you part", so i returned to their graves hoping to see some kind of hidden scene, where the sisters make peace with each other, maybe using part of the dialoge of the happy ending here, a shame, that could be good to make up for the people going to the unseen and being forcely locked up intro this ending.

-On the 3rd ending Geralt letting Dettlaff live makes no sence, at this point not even Regis wants to let him go, if Geralt let him go, is letting go the guy who attacked the city and killed hundred of innocents, killed Henrietta sister, and blackmail or not, is still a very impulsive murderer who does not understand humans and acts like a child with a gun... not only that, but Geralt is now an accomplice of the "beast of Toussaint", NO WAY, not even Geralt wants to let him go, he says cleary "we are letting a murderer go". Also there is no way that Dandelion could get him out of that one, nor he could keep the Vineyard either, the entire population hates him, they will probably burn it to the ground.
Im sorry, but letting Dettlaff go must be the equivalent of "Ciri is missing" on the main plot here, maybe with Regis rescuing him from the prison and them tell Geralt to get out of Toussaint and never go back, no matter what Syanna did, there is not excuse for what Dettlaff did. And Regis did not wanted Syanna dead either. With Dettlaff dead this ending is just fine.

And seriusly, it will be nice if final slides could be added to see the future of Toussaint and the characters.

Last edited:
My opinion to Blood and Wine:
The best and largest "story DLC" to an RPG I've ever played. Great environment, beautiful build cities and landscapes, well designed characters. It even threw all the DLCs from Mass Effect 3 from the throne of my personal list. There are however still some things I missed... even though there are not 100 % the DLC's fault. And yes, some things are really, well... "nitpicking".

• With the DLC there came the new 1.21 patch that led to some new nasty bugs.
  • Some things I missed at Geralt's new "home". For example: More paintings (there are far too few, or there are to many places to put them...), Geralt's workers shouldn't talk as if he is a stranger (he is the land lord after all), and so on.
  • Missed some cameo characters or at least some information about their well-being, especially Saskia (yes... I admit... I like stories with dragons, I especially liked Saskias character in The Witcher 2 as at least a little glimpse of hope, honor and compassion in a otherwise really dark word... and I found the "Saskia comic" that came with "Heart of Stone" really depressing, so I hoped that there would have been the chance to cheer her up a little bit... oh my... it's seems the immersion effect of the Witcher games really got me there. :D)

Last edited:
It was great. Likely the best DLC gaming world has seen yet. CDPR probably knows that, lot of people acknowledge that and we should. All thats been said before.
Now the things they could improve, for you can improve even the best DLC ever.
I feel like CDPR goes through a lot of trouble and they put in a lot of work but in the end they cut stories/games a bit short. I mean they ve put in all the work to design Touissant. It is a huge new area. I mean come on guys it is HUGE for a DLC. Yet the main story is just really short and you dont get to use/explore like 10% of Toussaint during the main story. Why? They could ve put in so much more into this story. The charecters have the potential, the place has the potential, heck Geralt could handle a bit more. Yet the story is short with close to none romance options or any other relationships you can develop. Friends you can make.. I think its a shame and they should have more content in huge areas with potential. Like Touissant. Skellige was similiar to what i said. You have what could be the best estate in the gaming world. But you can barely do anything with it... Things like that.
They come up with something that can be huge but end up just scratching the surface.

Great expansion, I liked it better than HoS, great game, great value.but I still feel sad and I can't get over the disappointment that Witcher is done and we didn't get proper conclusion for Ioverth/Saskia/Anais. :cirisad:

Great expansion, I liked it better than HoS, great game, great value.but I still feel sad and I can't get over the disappointment that Witcher is done and we didn't get proper conclusion for Ioverth/Saskia/Anais.
That's right. In theory they could at least make some more comics about them but I highly doubt it. And the last comic about Saskia was really depressing.

Welp, that was an awesome experience. Thank you for the story CDPRED! Awesome. Haven't played more than just one or two side quest and the main story I must say that this addon was purely fantastic.

One of the most greatest and deepest story I have ever played in a video game.. ! It was so intense.. just amazing how much good work the developer, designer etc. put into it! I love it. Really good job !!! I was so happy to see Triss appear at Corvo Bianco after the story ends.. Almost cried there!! :) 100% satisfied..

But one small question here: After the main story ends.. is there a way to find Syanna and talk to her after she forgave Annarietta ?? I just asked myself wether you can talk to her where she thank Geralt for being with her and helping her in such a messed up situation. Was looking for her at the palace but didnt find her yet.

Any help?

Top Bottom