[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
To my mind, this is one of the best addon ever released. That is all you need to know.

Last edited:
I personally really enjoyed Hearts of Stone. I found the wedding quest to be one of my favourite quests because it was such as change from the rest of the game. The whole story was really different and fun.Plus by that point I was so powerful everything in the base game was too easy so it was fun to be challenged again.

Loved it from start to finish. The main villain was very effective and well done. The main characters were very interesting and the story was very good. Boss fights were better than in the base game. The art and audio were superb. It felt a much more cohesive and compact than the base game.

The weapon enchants were a little pointless. There were no real new gameplay enhancements outside better boss fights.

Only real criticism I really have of the "expansion" is that CDPR will have a really hard time surpassing this with Blood & Wine. I'm sure they can do it, I just don't see how.

Man i just want "Gaunter O'Dimm" to return in Blood & Wine DLC cause CDRP did say some old & new character's will return in B&W DLC :). Thats what im waiting for. I absolutely loved that demon.

I enjoyed it a lot.

Although I do agree with other comments about the runes. They were kinda pointless.

But the story and characters are great, the boss fights are awesome and very challenging. I managed to complete all the achievements except the one about fighting all the nightmares at once. Most difficult boss fight of the game. Just couldn't. I'll try again with my New Game+ in Death March. :hurt:

I am very excited for Blood and Wine. We know what CDPR is capable of. 30+ hour expansion, new region, characters, quests, beasts. Damn. I think I am more hyped about this expansion than any other complete game coming out this year.

Great addition! Villain and storyline much better than those of the original game (which is still great) very nice feeling and atmosphere. The only minus as other mentioned was the rune system which was a bummer considering it eliminates the previously installed stones on our swords making the entire thing quite pointless

I really loved the expansion. I had the opposite feeling that most of these people apparently had about the runestones. Maybe they all weren't the most useful to me, but the ones that extend the range of your sword looked amazing when in use, especially if you were using whirl. Automatically deflecting arrows added to your armor was also really nice. I feel that taking away the sockets on your sword or armor didn't diminish the use. I just had trouble getting the coin to unlock all tiers but it wasn't too bad. The overall expansion was amazing. Loved the new quests, characters, and story.

Light years better than the main game. Characters and main story was awesome (maybe a little rushed ending, I wanted to know more about O'dimm). Inovation in quests also perfect. Every quest felt so unique and also majority of them had real substance about main characters. Maybe too much fighting in scenes from marriage quest. It just felt out of place to fight while in her imaginary world. Do more quests like marriage one. Try to do different things in every quest like with that one. Top 3 quest in game for sure, maybe even the best. Hyped for B&W, keep up where you left off with hearts of stone!

I really liked the mark Geralt has on his face for the DLC. I thought it was going to be permanent when i first saw the title screen. Maybe it was another Witcher mutation and I was looking forward to that. But after playing the DLC well it was clear it wasn't at all what I expected. It wasn't any sort of power, it was just a mark. And that was kinda disapointing.

However, the dancing scene with Geralt and Shani had me grinning ear to ear, I was happy and laughed along with the animation. HoS did that for me, so that's a very good thing in my opinion. The Haunted House, and the final battle with Master Mirror. Awesome.

I'm curious, how long did it take people to finish? I think the official word was 10 hrs, but was it more or less for you? I never played this expansion and look forward to it.

I'm curious, how long did it take people to finish? I think the official word was 10 hrs, but was it more or less for you? I never played this expansion and look forward to it.
10 hours is an averaged minimum. You can expect at least this amount of gameplay. Many players have managed to squeeze 15, and even, in some cases, 20 hours from the expansion. It depends very much on the pace at which you choose to play. I can't recall how many hours I played, but I believe it was between 16 - 20.

10 hours is an averaged minimum. You can expect at least this amount of gameplay. Many players have managed to squeeze 15, and even, in some cases, 20 hours from the expansion. It depends very much on the pace at which you choose to play. I can't recall how many hours I played, but I believe it was between 16 - 20.

Thank you, I find this thread extremely useful, it is better than watching a youtube video review because I can filter spoilers out better here while getting peoples genuine thoughts on this expansion. I'm glad you guys pinned this. I'd be happy with 15 hrs and I plan to play it before I finish the main story and then move on to BaW as a proper epilogue.

I was one of the ones who squeezed 20 hours out of it without actually squeezing. If you don't rush, don't skip dialogue and don't fast travel you can get there fairly easily and it's really enjoyable.

Dead man's party was the most fun i've had on the PS4 in years!

My son got me to restart playing the Witcher. I went ahead and bought the season pass. My character was about level 22 so I just leveled, and played and was hooked again. At level 30. I got the first expansion. I know a lot of you have played it for a long time. I just wanted to say WOW/

This is a friggin blast. Dead Man's Party is pure genius!

Thanks!

Are you playing the first expansion? what are your thoughts about it?

i'm still doing side quests and exploring, been around 5 hours haven't even scratchd the surface of the surface, exploring, finding nests, new and hard monsters, finding treasures, crafting the glifs and runewords, the effects are amazing, the new environments are stunningly beautiful, looking at every detail, the new characters, the dialogs, wonderful so far...
so what you think about it?

:geraltfeelgood:

The dialogues are wonderful.

Last edited:
I just wanna toss out a question I've been wondering: Why is the Wedding quest so good whereas so many other action-free quests so boring? What do you think, or do you disagree with this statement?

I haven't finished B&W yet but already seen enough and it's already pretty clear that the Hearts of Stone, if you think about it as a stand alone game, is the best game ever made. There are obviously things that can be improved but overall it's almost perfect as the game design go. There was nothing I didn't like:

- the story is superb from the beginning to the end
- the characters and their writing are superb
- side quest are very good
- new monster design is very good, they feel unique and interesting
- music is epic
- dark atmosphere, which is a must for the witcher universe, excellently conveyed
- no self-censorship and juvenile bullshit like in Wild Hunt and Blood and Wine, real mature content

Top Bottom