[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
When you get to the new looking menu, you see Geralt kneeling down in a new and tough looking piece of armor. Has anyone found that armor? Cause it's not the Viper armor.

hi I can answer that : it's not a new armor set it exist in the vanilla game it is the mastercrafted version of the ursine witcher gear set. if you want to google you'll find plenty of guides on how to acquire it.

hope it helps

I do not know how CD Projekt did that magic, but it is sooo gooood. Awesome story, GOD DAMN AWESOME. All the characters are awesome, dialogs are glorious and hot Shani... Now i am going to start the second playthrough and already can't wait for Wine and Blood.

Hearts of Stone Quest- small design issue (spoilers)

During the escape from captivity you are taking control and fight with guards and one mage on the beach, Geralt is not wearing anything.

To my suprise Geralt has all the armors, weapons already in inventory rather then somewhere in the wreck of the ship. It made fight really easy once realized I can use my potions and buffs and equip regular gear and kinda ruined the immersion.

IMO everything except a sword should be removed and placed somewhere in the case. once you open it everything should go back like it was.

cheers.

During the escape from captivity you are taking control and fight with guards and one mage on the beach, Geralt is not wearing anything.

To my suprise Geralt has all the armors, weapons already in inventory rather then somewhere in the wreck of the ship. It made fight really easy once realized I can use my potions and buffs and equip regular gear and kinda ruined the immersion.

IMO everything except a sword should be removed and placed somewhere in the case. once you open it everything should go back like it was.

cheers.

Or...the option to pick up the stuff from the chest in the middle of the fight, like it was in The Witcher 2 quest "The Scent of Incense"

Last edited:
I'll say this quickly before it "fades away".
After 25 hours give or take (sidequests and all) - to put it extremely simply, the amount of times I-
1. Burst out laughing
2. Was glued to the screen in suspense
3. Stared in utter surprise
4. Felt sadness, sympathy
5. Laughed at myself for getting killed yet -again- (but getting that satisfying feeling of "accomplishment" once I figured out the well thought out, gripping boss fights).
6. Felt wonder as the story unfolded
7. Said "Damn that was elegantly done"
-is absolutely everything I could expect and much more. The above comprises a list of experiences I rarely get from a game. You moved my heart, set up and satiated the curious mind, challenged the good ol'e eye/hand (or in this case finger) coordination, sense of accomplishment, and told me a wonderful tale creating an incredibly delightful and unique storytelling experience.

An elegant, well thought out, tasteful implementation all around - from the overall concepts down to the smallest detail. Put your heart into something and it undoubtedly shows.
Thanks for this!

Last edited:
It's freakin' fantastic, is what it is. Everything is at least on par quality-wise with the main game - dialogue, cutscenes, environments, all polished to perfection. Some of the environments are the best-looking in the game so far. Like everyone's already said, combat seems better because the enemies are more interesting.

I think the one thing I didn't like much was the "puzzle" at the end if you go the route that has you solve a riddle. I won't spoil anything, but while I thought the answer to the riddle was pretty clever, I'm pretty sure that's... not, uh... how you solve riddles. But otherwise the story was excellent. Poetic, I'd say.

Trying to keep it as as spoiler free as I can (be warned though) I was pretty sure about the answer to the riddle and
I knew that the real mirror would be different, probably water or something that cannot be broken, but before I saw a walkthrough I could not find the water fountain, maybe less running for time and more exploration would have been nicer in my opinion

It was great. It had literally everything: well written characters, humor that doesn't rely on your knowledge of the most epic memes on the internet right now, bosses with unique and varied skills, new mechanics, more weapons and outfits, an actual villain, etc. My only complaint is that the side quests were very few and very underwhelming.

It`s a wonderful DLC.
Has anyone noticed that this quest with this frog-like creature is somehow like James Camerons Aliens 2 with all the slime and the dead bodys cocooned to the walls?
Very creepy and exciting. Aaaw I love this game every day more :D
And there will even be a haunted house or castle I have seen on youtube and on screenshots, and some kind of parallel universe where Geralt can step in through a picture on the wall, hmmmm what a wonderful and mystical DLC!

we should go get my time god kid to help? no. all right what about the elf who seems to know every thing or even the many mages that are helping me? no. well shit ges that would be to ez

I don't know how many of you chose the bad ending of the DLC but just watch it on Youtube if you didn't, it's also really good.

(I like the character of Gaunter O'Dimm)

Heart Of Stone Impressions + patches since last playthrough. (Spoilers obv)

(SPOILER WARNING: HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE)

Hello all, I return (not that anyone should remember or care) after completing the new Heart of stone dlc so thought I would just give my impressions (again as if anyone cares) and what I liked, disliked. I probably missed a whole topic on this so if it gets locked out it doesn't matter as this is mainly for my own satisfaction, being one of those closeted nerds that loves to both rant at length and read other long winded rants. :)

Right so first of all, my god it is amazing, really really love the whole story line, side quests, even the damn new Gwent cards were fantastic and honestly just having some new characters to play who had half decent decks was a genuine love of mine. Admittedly I didn't lose a single round as spy cards and hero cards are OP as hell but whatever, still was amazing. Seriously CDPR you guys are amazing and I love you for bringing to life Sapkowski's world.

So the positives; all the characters are wonderfully complex, with Olgierd being a wonderful centerpiece for the story to unfold. The idea of immortality not being all it is cracked up to be is an old trope, as is the Faustian deal with the devil, to be sure, but the story of how it came about and how it was all built on such wonderful intentions is brilliant. I went from thinking I would have to take Olgierd down hard witcher style later on to genuinely feeling sorry for him. Even Gaunter was geniusly executed and having to fight him with a riddle and work it out yourself, pure genius. (Obviously I went with the BRING IT ON O'DIMM, ending). The addition of Ofieri characters and lore was a nice touch to add something a bit new to the world and although it cost a small fortune, setting up the runecrafter was well worth it once I saw how pretty it made my swords :3.

I also ended up replaying the ending as I wanted to try newgame+ (shows I have been away a while) and I am super glad CDPR have taken on board some of the suggestions made (I assume anyway) as with the Triss love line she got some extra dialogue with Geralt towards the end which was a welcome addition and was the simple thing I had desired from the start (and the lack thereof which first drove me to this forum seeking answers xD). It wasn't the full added scene right at the end I would of liked but it was enough that I appreciated it was there.

So now to the negatives of which I probably will be able to write more of but I would like to stress they are niggling, trifling things that matter very little compared to how much I truly enjoyed the entire game and HOS.

I should point out that although I do not think it is pointed out how long Olgierd has lived, I got the impression he hadn't lived that much longer than any mortal man (if at all longer) and I would of preferred if it had been made clear and stated at some point it had literally been centuries.

About HOS specifically I really did not overly enjoy the entire Iris segment, which was basically everything after you enter the Von Everec house until you leave with the Rose. Now partly my issue, as with most issues I have with most things, is that my own imagination got ahead of me and created scenarios based on the information we were given ahead of time that in the end were greater than what actually happened. Entering the estate grounds, seeing the distant lumbering figure, the creepy cat and dog, I was geared for one rollercoaster of a ride. It might be easier to break down the stages in which this disappointed;

So the caretaker in my opinion was revealed a little too early, it would of been nice for it to have been the main boss (and on this note the fight is amazing) in which you fight in the house. Before which Geralt should of stalked and tracked it, observing from afar trying to discern what the hell is going on. Then following it inside, hearing it make noises in the creepy run down house then suddenly BOOM bursts through a wall or something? This would of made the entire situation awfully tense, and I felt the quick reveal of the Caretaker and immediate fight, although was shocking, just left me feeling a bit like it was pointless. Like the entire thing was random filler instead of what could of been an awesome plot device.

On this I felt the cat/dog demons and the Caretaker demon, plus essentially the entire idea raised that Olgierd was dabbling in black magic in which to try and free himself of O'Dimm's wishes, was something that was entirely undeveloped and again seemed to fill no purpose. Now admittedly at this point I would like to point out that I chose to leave Iris to her painting so did not free her and the cat/dog demons from her servitude so perhaps if someone else did there was more revealed/suggested? I am aware it sets up that O'dimm is essentially something more than a djinn etc but that already seemed rather obvious.

Following on, Iris and her painted technicolour dream world. I mean really? It was a nice idea, mixed things up a bit, had to use your noggin a little bit to put the right items to finish the portraits etc, all nice touches but honestly I felt Iris was completely wasted as a character here. Iris was supposed to be immortal like Olgierd right? Maybe I missed something but I am sure he says he asked for them both to have the same thing in terms of long life right? I know it is said her heart simply exploded from sadness etc but really it would of been far better to have found her quite alive and well in her room. It would of been perfect place to see the other side of the cursed wishes, were Olgierd went off seeking more and more pleasures to sate himself, Iris could of turned inward, bitter, cold, twisted with her stone heart. It should of been Iris that dabbles in the black arts trying to rid the curse, Iris who creates the Caretaker and summons the companions to keep her company in eternity as Olgierd just leaves her, caring not what happened to her. After defeating the caretaker she should give you the rose (on which point should be a dead rose of remembrance as a nice little touch) as it no longer means a thing to her, the man she loved and tried to save (with said black arts) died to her a long time ago as did the woman who cared.

In that version at least it would of given Olgierd something to go off and do properly if you save him at the end of HOS as even in my version, choosing to let Iris carry on in her painted nightmare, Olgierd simply states he will go off and try and move on, and I had sort of expected him to go and try and make some sort of amends to her spirit. Whereas if she was still alive and her curse broken with his, it is a nice thought they might finally be free to love one another with no catches. A theme running in the whole game series no?

Also I do not know if anyone else thought this, but when you fight the nightmares of Iris, who turn out to be deformed, scarred, messed up walking dead style Olgierds, I honestly thought then that was the secret. That Olgierd wasn't really immortal, just there were multiples of him, when one died another took its place etc. How creepy would of it been to find a basement full of dead Olgierds? Or even a Dorian Gray like situation with a portrait of him? Might be a bit much but still, really thought that was going to be a twist haha.

Anyway going back to the haunted house scenario we got, it was nice visually, especially the spectre clawing out of the picture, it looked amazing! But the issue as always is the houses/manors are too small to get any real sense of dread, proven by the fact the boss fight has to take place in a warped reality hallway. I guess my main issue was the Spectre of a woman scorned has been done to death in the game already. With most the ghost/spectre contracts being just that and we had the entire haunted tower of rats with an arguably better more horrific love story. The only time I genuinely felt scared in any of the haunted house scenarios was the one with Jenny, the children laughter, the rocking baby crib, that chilled my bones far more than any of the supposedly scary stuff in the haunted Von Everec Manor and why I would of preferred the Caretaker to be something different.

My only other gripes really were that despite it being end game content (which I really appreciated btw) the majority of swords and armour added were worse than what I had with the single exception of the Viper armour. The Viper Silver Sword apparently only being only available in O'dimm's riddle world which I missed entirely as I didn't even think to explore properly with the mixture of a time limit and it being clearly the end of the DLC. This only irritates me as it is the only item that is so seemingly ONE TIME ONLY and is only available if you choose to take on O'dimm. I felt really proud I had worked out the riddle and then I made a beeline for the giant distant glowing red manor which couldn't of been more obvious if it had a neon sign saying, "look here", so I did feel I got shafted a little at this point.

Also although it is clear, from replaying the ending CDPR have made some minor tweaks to the ending that make it a little more sensical and satisfying, it was still a little anticlimactic as I remember and my second half Caranthir battle with Geralt was still bugged where he just stood there as I twirled about him like he was a May pole.

Last edited:
Seems great so far, and I've only played a couple hours of it so far, on my 4th playthru of the game. I decided to start it before going to skellige with Ciri and the rest to look for the sunstone.
Is it just me or does Olgierd look a lot like David Beckham? I Couldn't find anything on who the voice actor was.

Seems great so far, and I've only played a couple hours of it so far, on my 4th playthru of the game. I decided to start it before going to skellige with Ciri and the rest to look for the sunstone.
Is it just me or does Olgierd look a lot like David Beckham? I Couldn't find anything on who the voice actor was.

No it's not just you, he really looks a little bit like David Beckham :D

HoS was awesome, the story very much reminded me of the german Fairytale "The Cold Heart"
I think CDPR took a little bit of its substance ;)

Nevertheless it's an awesome DLC. I very much enjoyed the Story. The Quest with the marriage is one of my favourite witcher quests now. The Items you can get in the DLC are also cool

What can I say? Cdpr exceeded all their previous releases with this dlc. It's more polished and well rounded than the base game. The darkness and broodiness of the dlc was a throwback to the original Witcher 1.

I played death March and several fights were great and challenging especially iris worst nightmare.

I did not have cash to upgrade beyond first phase runes but I am sure my whirl fast attack Geralt will appreciate the whirl upgrade rune in the future.

---------- Updated at 09:58 AM ----------

Armoury in the dlc were interesting to look at but in terms of effectively I still think wolf school is still best for sign Geralt and cat school with the new assassin gloves best for sword attack Geralt.

I have to say that I really enjoyed the expansion. I love the Viper Armor. Was going to get the Ofiri, but it was lower rated. The Viper Armor reminded me of the Armor Geralt wears in the trailer "A Night to Remember"

I'm sad now, because it's over. Will play it again once they fix the 1.10 for the Xbox One. I want to mix it in with the main story line, like it should be. Everybody was in a ruckus about not seeing Shani, then she's in this expansion. I am sorry but I don't see what the fuss was all about. There is only one red hair woman for me, & I'll always pick Triss every time. I know I'll catch flack for that, but don't care.

Here's to CDPR making a good expansion, and can't wait until you fix the other things so I can play again.

And with that, my fellow forum members, is my last post until there is a fix & I can start a NG+ w/HoS.

Farewell & good luck on your path.

The Shani and the wedding is so classic,so RPG.The conversation between them made a projection of Geralt/Yen from book in my head.
The story combining cross-road demon and women in black is very good thought.The story is a bit short for me.Hope we can see way more lines/stories like that in BaW.
Also so much black humour I really liked.And one thing that i need to say that this particularly mentioned in HoS Vissemir who sacrifices most
has a good romance back then.Sometimes that those true heroes just don't play as protagonist.
So it seriously touches heart when you heard that someone is still remembering him,memorizing him even he is not there and he will never be there ever.

Last edited:
I haven't finished the expansion yet but so far I am absolutely loving it, the story so far is great and the wedding of Shani's friend is so much fun ...

Well done CDProjektRed the expansion is fantastic, looking forward to Blood & Wine even more now and hoping for perhaps a third expansion simply because the world and stories are too good to ever want to leave thr Witcher universe. That said I am looking forward to Cyberpunk especially reading that it's going to be an even bigger world.

What an amazing expansion, I am truly astound by its quality. I loved the story, Gaunter O'Dimm is one of the best characters CDPR has ever created, what an amazing antagonist, just wow. The wedding quest was atmospheric and brilliant, when I was reading announcements, partying with a ghost didn't seem that interesting, but oh was I wrong, I enjoyed it immensely, one of the most memorable quests in TW franchise. Toad prince fight was also great. All in all this expansion exceed my expectations, I am really looking forward to Blood and Wine. Aside from TW3, this expansion is the best gaming experience I had in a long time, many full releases can't hold a candle to HoS. At the end when ending screen appeared I found myself clapping at the monitor, bravo CDPR.

Top Bottom