[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
Since 02:00 AM Bulgarian time when it was on GOG - about one hour to download it and install it, till 9:30 Am play time :). What can I say? Let me put it the way the game's dialogues would put it: As per Ya'r opinion do I fancy the game?
Of course YES. Brilliant, Thank You CDPR, for everything and for your sleepless nights :) Where is the CyberPunk PRE-ORDER button? :)

Guys please answer me this. If I start Fresh New Game(not NG+) will the missions form HoS be added as Main and Side missions respectively? Or I need to choose always only HoS fresh New game to play the HoS missions? And one more about these "Runewords": are they available only for HoS missions exclusively or they can be used in the Main Story Line missions as well when I progress the main story? Thank you.

exactly my thoughts, totally agree with you, guys, (only in the good things ) :)

Guys please answer me this. If I start Fresh New Game(not NG+) will the missions form HoS be added as Main and Side missions respectively? Or I need to choose always only HoS fresh New game to play the HoS missions? And one more about these "Runewords": are they available only for HoS missions exclusively or they can be used in the Main Story Line missions as well when I progress the main story? Thank you.

the HoS missions will always be added as Main and Side missions respectively, in NG+ too, you can always play HoS in standard game or in NG+ there is no problem whatsoever,

the runewords and gliphs stay in your items, such as armor or sword you can continue to use those items in the main game (as far as i know)

Last edited:
I've only put in about 3 hours so far... all side quests, haven't even touched the main story part. Loving it...

I just started a second playthrough of TW3 about two weeks ago and I must say, I love it so much more the second time around. I liked it quite a bit the first time but I had a bunch of expectations of how things should be done and the developers had different ideas. Now that I knew exactly what I was getting into somehow it made the game even better. It was a solid 9/10 for me the first time around but for the second playthrough I'd gladly give it a 10.

CDPR crafted two of my top 3 favorite games of all time and considering I've been gaming a lot for over 25 years that's quite an accomplishment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I was planned that I buy the Expansion Pass ASAP after I tried out the game, and I wanted but something allways screwed up this plan. But now I am so happy that I did not do that. The retail copy of this is just awesome, I love the box, art, the cards and the whole package. To be honest I don't even have a clue what kind of surprise we will get on the next one in terms of physical content.
As for the expansion itself I cannot really write anything new besides I love it so much. Finally the right kind of post release content.

DLC's great but I do have one issue - these boss battles are not at all what I was hoping for.

The things that the main game got right - preparation is key, boss monsters have the moveset of normal monsters, so the fights don't feel out of place in the larger picture.

The things it didn't get right - Wild Hunt boss fights that are unlike anything else in the game and require an approach that has nothing to do with the strengths listed above.

And what HoS then does is... take all the things that the game got wrong, make them more punishing and ditch all the things it got right (every one of the boss fights have you go in unprepared and rely on trial and error, rather than careful investigation and preparation)? I simply don't understand the design decision behind these new boss fights. None of them provided me with what I liked about the boss fights from the base game - thankfully, it's not the aspect of the game I care about too much, but it was something that was an annoyance for me.

Anyway, with that out of the way, the rest of the package felt like a more condensed and polished version of the base game, with some interesting themes and situations - won't go into too many details for fear of spoilers. Overall, I'm very happy with the DLC.

Just started playing the expansion a hour ago. Looking great so far as I've completed everything in the main game twice now since release, this expansion is a breath of fresh air. Story's compelling so far and I like the new moon armour and enemies / beasts. Also I loved the tax collectors comments and the references to the glitches, great work...need to find somewhere to hang tax certificate now.

I was just wondering, as I'am playing in game plus mode after the story has been completed, has anyone seen the main characters react to Geralt's new scar (don't think that's a spoiler by the way as it's been in all the trailers / posters) :)?

By the way if anyone from the game's development team is reading this, is there any chance you could incorporate a % complete for the maps (or somewhere in menu, I believe Skyrim had something similar), as I'am very much a completionist and would like to know I've got everything out of the expansion. You know something like quests completed out of.... all potions collected to superior etc ....

Thanks

Last edited:
Just finished it - took about 12 hours and I've been awake for about 36 straight hours at this point, so I may not make much sense.

Loved it. I may have even have liked it more than the main TW3 story. Mystery, adventure, interesting supporting characters and best of all (for me) no Yen, no Triss and no Ciri. Just Geralt being a (at times very confused) monster slayer in a gloriously fucked up world.

I was startled, spooked and during the stuff at the auction scene I realised what was going to happen and got genuinely emotional.
Hope no-one plays this *before* they have completed the Battle of Kaer Morhen. I was begging Geralt not to say what I knew he was going to say.

Really liked the guy who was organising the heist, would have liked more of him.

I think I was OD on caffeine during the wedding scenes, was it really that.. er, just.. well.. insane? I think I need to erase the frolicking out of my mind...

The New Moon armour set is gorgeous, I think it's my favourite armour so far in TW3. Was a bit surprised when Geralt suddenly started wearing it out of nowhere, and also when he suddenly had his two swords back on a couple of occasions.

On the bad side, agree with the post above about the boss fights. Especially as I'm so bad at it anyway. Need all the preparation and clues I can get. Geralt's "watch out Shani" dialogue in the early sewer scenes was triggering every time a monster appeared so it was a bit repetitive, and a couple of times he talked over himself (following the trail chatter and examining an item chatter happening at the same time). The pig herding was a nightmare too as Geralt steers like a supertanker.

Oooh just remembered - I had to reload a save during the "get the heist members" quest - because I hadn't done the other quest for the mercs that hold one guy hostage, I got into a right mess and then got punched out. So I reloaded and went for the other person instead...

Last edited:
has the release come now also with a kind of Hot Fix patch, or will that come later in regard of what 1.10 has broken and what has been ignored in favor of changing some inventory item icons rather???

That would I like to know now.

I was just wondering, as I'am playing in game plus mode after the story has been completed, has anyone seen the main characters react to Geralt's new scar (don't think that's a spoiler by the way as it's been in all the trailers / posters) :)?

Here is video of Yen commenting the scar

That for me is a cons. I would have preferred more involvement from Yen, Triss and Ciri, in order to make the expansion feel like...more organic to the main quest.

Totally agree with you - I hope we will see these characters in the next big DLC - it seems to me that the DLCs can be even better than the main game/story :p

What is said in that dialogue should depend on your progress in the main game. AFAIR you can even go to Vesemir and talk about it if he is still alive.

I played it standalone, so it doesn't act on what you've done in the main game

---------- Updated at 03:19 PM ----------

did you play only the main quest?
where/how do you get the new moon armor/schematics?

Basically yes, just the main quest and Shani.

The New Moon armour just appeared on Geralt during one of the missions!

I'm hesitant to try runewords since they cost quite a lot of coin. I also read a review (I think gameinformer?) that described the runewords as a waste of time and in-game money, and not really worth it. Did it made the combat too easy for anyone?

Aside from that, I love the expansion. The Ofieri guys in the camp were awesome characters, the writing there was superb. Also the added locations in Velen are so beautiful. I spent an hour just riding the horse around in the new areas and exploring. Barely got into the quests yet, but there's a 'magic' feeling about it, so the devs are certainly to be congratulated.

Last edited:
I found the moon armour in the chest at the top of the lighthouse where you get ship wrecked.

Also potential bug for dev's; when I met Shani for the first time it assumed I knew who she was, when I watched a video by GameSpot of the same encounter it had a option for more information, can't remember etc... (I'am doing game plus mode after completed the main game).
I think she appeared in Witcher 1 (never played it), played Witcher 2 of course think there was a mention of her in a book.....

I'm hesitant to try those since they cost quite a lot of coin. I also read a review (I think gameinformer?) that described the runewords as a waste of time and in-game money, and not really worth it. Did you find it made the combat too easy for you ?
you should totally try the runewords, they are expensive, but totally worth it, you can upgrade an armor to protect from arrows allways or increase range of the whirldwind sword attack -awesome- upgrade igni so enemies explode and set other enemies on fire, use quen with no energy, etc, a lot of amazing mechanics, you decide which is you need or want

the combat is really hard, enemies are way harder than in the base game, and the new enemies with new movements, attacks, you need to rethink all your know strategies, and always prepare very well for a combat, it's almost like you will need the runewords and glyphs enhancements

Last edited:
Top Bottom