[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
That for me is a cons. I would have preferred more involvement from Yen, Triss and Ciri, in order to make the expansion feel like...more organic to the main quest.

It would be too difficult to include them in the DLC because of all the possible variations in the main game and when people could choose to play the expansions. The devs have more freedom with something that's separate to the main game, and I really hope that Toussaint is more of the same.

And the Witcher series is Geralt. He deserves to have the spotlight on him and no-one but him for his final curtain calls.

all dialogs are very well done, geralt's lines can't be more accurate, specially the dialog with the flaming rose thug chief, that first line, exactly my thoughts and feelings about the whole situation and the order self,

the new environments and landscapes are beautiful, the guarded treasures waay better than in the base game, now are very interesting to find and see what's going on there ...
everything is perfect so far...

Played a bit and I need to say that its exellent. Probably the best DLC I played for a long long time. Congrats CDPR, cant wait for Blood and Wine!

It would be too difficult to include them in the DLC because of all the possible variations in the main game and when people could choose to play the expansions. The devs have more freedom with something that's separate to the main game, and I really hope that Toussaint is more of the same.

And the Witcher series is Geralt. He deserves to have the spotlight on him and no-one but him for his final curtain calls.

It's a level 30-32 quest. You have the required level only after you have finished

Imlerith fight

The Witcher series is about Geralt, but stopping to help Ciri to fight the Wild Hunt without any consequences (they could include some dialogues where Yen or Ciri ask to Geralt why the hell he was "disappeared") makes really no sense.
The same would be for the second expansion. Why Geralt should even think to go in Toussaint when he has more important business to take care?

The wedding bits great, man of glass reminds me of the G man in Half - Life... time ... time Mr freeman. By the by like the vid above about Yenn reacting to the new scar what happens if you take Geralt + ghost to see one of the main characters? any interactions ?

The DLC is great but my game keeps crashing during a certain scene on a little boat after the wedding.

Clocked in 8 hours so far and not even 30% complete. Loving every minute of it. I wonder who's this person who said it would take 10 hours?
:disgust:

The expansion is very good. I´m a bit sad that someone on CD Projekt decided to sell it for $10, I feel that´s like stealing, if you compare that with some DLC´s from other games where you pay that money to get a weapon skin or sth smiliar :p
Still there are a few bugs here and there (most of them posted on reddit) and the balance of the new runes isn´t great in my opnion. Most of them seem to be "underpowered".

I have definitely spent 10 dollars on way worse stuff, still waiting on a fix for my new game+ save figured I hop on my cleared save to give this a quick look that was eight hours ago.

The only bad thing about this expansion so far is the price. I feel really bad for paying so little, even though I have the cards edition. Even after a couple of hours I can say it's gonna be a funnty, long and damn satisfying trip ^^

well i can say hearts of stones has the darkest story quests ever demons the lady iris that guy in the garden shame there are only few quests to play but i hope the next expantion blood and wine will have more main and side quests !

It's absolutely amazing and best of all it's also a take on an old fairytale: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_kalte_Herz which was also produced as a movie in East Germany in the 1950's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Stone_(1950_film)

Although it's a bit of a disappointment that they didn't stick to the roles there and had the Man of Glass as the good guy and the Dutch Michel as the bad guy that would have been even cooler because it would have meant that Geralt could decide in the end which one to help or rather whose offer was more rewarding. But overall really great writing and the voice acting is superb.

It's really a shame that Shani was only brought into a DLC. She is such a great character and I think she would have made a really rewarding third choice as a gf for Geralt given that she is not a sorceress and he wouldn't have to give up his life completely as she is always on the move anyway which would allow him to travel with her and hunt monsters on the side when they are not in Oxenfurt. I would have actually loved to have a couple of quests just with her or rather doing stuff for her, more interaction etc. Whoever wrote her lines and whoever did her voice acting did an amazing job. She is all around appealing.

Anyway... with the production values you guys put into it, the writing, the story... wow 8 euros was more than worth that especially considering that the story telling is so dense that it puts Dragon Age Inquisition easily to shame.

And btw. I found the lake cruise with Shani to be by far the best intimacy scene in all of video gaming history by far.

An awesome job! This is, by far, the best expansion I've ever played. Amazing story, compeling characters, new armor and weapons

Drama, horror, comedy, romance, sensuality, death and life.. All in one package. And for a much smaller price too.

I wish more companies follown this example and make proper expansions.

in sumary, loved the adventure. Much more to {spoiler] be able to cut the smile from the Master Mirror face lol, that old trickery bastard[/spoiler].

Thank you for the ride! See you back on Blood and Wine (or when I gain courage to begin a NG+)

Amazing if you exclude this dumb ass bug in the quest Scenes from a Marriage quest that makes me unable to progress the story smfh

Top Bottom