[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
Liked it better than original

this, to some extent. Compared to Eredin, the Man of Glass is a real villain, the true evil i hoped to find in the wild hunt i found now north of oxenfurt. Whole storyline is well written, almost made me cry, made me laugh, it was a hell of a ride. Awesome.

the new armor sets are great (not talking about the viper gear), especially the ornate robe, olfieri armor set, flaming rose, new-moon armor... brilliant.

A few hours in now and having a hoot. I love the references in letters found filling in the story and for example the tax collector referencing the money glitchers. Few Easter eggs as well, goblet of fire etc.. =) Excellent value for money this dlc. Also the letters found during the heist quest, the Astrologist Master Matthew was a nice touch. After also recently watching Game of Thrones and a Lord of The Rings marathon it did feel like there are some similarities. The Olfieri seemed similar to the Sand Snakes in GOT and swords have same names from LOTR.

Great work CD Projekt Red!

:hatsoff:

Played only for about 3 hours so far but it's been great till now. Especially the main characters are well writen and very interesting... I hope it stays this way. And love the difficulty. Died more often in this few hours than in the 150 hours+ of the main game. What a feeling to finally defeat the first boss monster after 6 tries, a whole new experience after every boss in the base game except for Imlerith died first try. Maybe you could consider to rebalance some fights of the base game. Eredin and Caranthir should be way more difficult (at least on Death March)
Oh and love the references to the previous games.

Just finished off the main story an hour or so ago. Truly and excellent story and very good character acting.

Highlights (like many others have posted here) was the wedding scenario, but the whole exp* as a whole had a truly gripping story. Personally I found the ending abit flat (expected a better boss battle, not just running around looking at clues and then pulling master mirror from the water ----> exp* pack over.

I say exp* pack cause I dunno if this is a true exp pack or just really big DLC that open up areas previously locked. No extra maps were added and the areas that were now open* were already there in the game(albeit of the map near the top or the Oxenfort Academy)

I enjoyed my fling with Shani, but just kept on thinking this is Triss (with a new hairdo) and the voice also sounded very similar in certain instances. I would have loved HOS type of love relationship dynamic to be in the main game as Triss and Yenerfer scenes could have been more fleshed out.

Some confusing parts to me where that Radovid still seemed to be in power and not slain yet due to certain references. So it makes me think that this DLC was already planned but just removed from the main game. So like a said above, whether this is true exp* pack is abit debatable.

All in all it still was excellent to play, to bad its over so soon.

Wow, just wow.

- I like HoS main story better than half of base game's main plot *slow clap*

- Shani. No need for comments.

- Dialogues in 'Dead Man's Party' are fucking gold :threaten:;

- Man of Glass and Olgierd are charismatic bastards;

- Really enjoyed boss fights, especially Guardian.

Few minor gripes (spoiler alert):

1. Ewald Borsodi suffered from heavy form of mental disease which I gonna call "Dijkstra's retardness": hired a witcher, lied to him, tried to threaten/kill single-handed.
I guess they'll never learn.

2. Side quest about missing halfling: I felt like cannibalism theme were used too many times in TW games, it became too predictable for my taste.

3. I hoped that whole Oxenfurt Academy would became explorable :(

Last edited:
its amazing, i finish only main story in about 8 hours!!
death march make hos even better. the only thing that annoying me is the Olgred sword, some one else have it? i need to know how it works
in the description says that it will accumulate energy and then in a special move you unleash that power...
so, yeah, it glows red but i see no special move and dont know how to do it... its a hadooken or something?

---------- Updated at 08:00 PM ----------

Just finished off the main story an hour or so ago. Truly and excellent story and very good character acting.

how olgred sword works? in the description it says that specila move will unleash that energy but i cant see special moves

Amazing expansion. The story around the contract with the devil is very good and also very touching, especially the part with Iris.

Yes, the Man of Glass is exactly how I would describe pure evil, destroying things using what's hidden in words and time. Very good fantasy villain. And his eyes animation makes him even more uncanny.

And the writing was very good, with little "echoes" through the story like, for instance, "wedding theme" (with Vlodimir and Shani, but also with Olgierd), the Man of mirror himself is an "echo", the spoon Gaunter use in the boat and break / the spoon he used in someone's eye/brain in the end... That makes the story quite "solid" and even poetic, it's like everything rhymes, or like one thing is mirrored in another, from the beginning of the expansion to the end... That was brilliant.
I usually like the theme of the "deformed" wishes and mirror (Faust, Wishmaster, djinns). It reminds me something I like in the Bible about "seeing things through a glass darkly" (not sure how it is in english).
It was immensely satisfying.

I won't forget the scenes with Vlodimir. I was surprised seeing Geralt dancing so "well" in the trailer, I wondered how it would be explained and... Excellent!

And Shani was gorgeous. I love her "dimples" (not sure about the exact word again).

What I didn't like though:
- Nothing happened to the skill trees. Blood and Wine will need something to make allocating points more interesting. I got 4 more talent points in HoS and did nothing with it.
- Enchantment isn't that interesting.
- I don't know how exactly to put it but it's a bit... "more of the same". I expected something more... new I guess? Maybe it's a feeling I got since we stay in a known area (Velen/Oxenfurt).

to be with shani since the beginning of the quest was a wonderful idea :geraltfeelgood:

loving every second of this expansion, awesome until the last detail

Last edited:
I loved it, only one complaint - when Shani told Geralt that she was leaving and that he could meet her before she left - I did that but she had no new lines apart from our talk about the wedding. I know they can't be together since they have different paths but at least Geralt could have told her what happened with Olgierd and how the story ended. Anyway, I really enjoyed the dlc, it was very well done.

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS expansion. I have played just 1 hour...but the new terrain, quests and atmosphere is glorious.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Glad that you guys are liking it! :cheers3:

Its amazing!!
Also, some bugs, the one that pop up a lot is that one where all the rune you place in your armors, after loads disapears.
i was using viper armor set (its beautiful) and i put some glyphs (new glyphs) in it, and after load, the glyphs disapeared...

the hos main story is huge!! still Blood baron bears the crown of the quest for this game :3

DLC's great but I do have one issue - these boss battles are not at all what I was hoping for.

The things that the main game got right - preparation is key, boss monsters have the moveset of normal monsters, so the fights don't feel out of place in the larger picture.

The things it didn't get right - Wild Hunt boss fights that are unlike anything else in the game and require an approach that has nothing to do with the strengths listed above.

And what HoS then does is... take all the things that the game got wrong, make them more punishing and ditch all the things it got right (every one of the boss fights have you go in unprepared and rely on trial and error, rather than careful investigation and preparation)? I simply don't understand the design decision behind these new boss fights. None of them provided me with what I liked about the boss fights from the base game - thankfully, it's not the aspect of the game I care about too much, but it was something that was an annoyance for me.

Anyway, with that out of the way, the rest of the package felt like a more condensed and polished version of the base game, with some interesting themes and situations - won't go into too many details for fear of spoilers. Overall, I'm very happy with the DLC.
Its like the trophy even odds. Just Geralt and his sword and reflexes. Instead of another contract prep kill. I like it because its different.

Just finished now and it was an absolute treat. The only things I'd add are some closing dialogue with Shani covering the Professor's fate and a summary of what happened. A Gwent card for Shani is a bit odd to not have and I'd have liked to have gotten a comment from Iris if you have the painting from the auction with you.

Perhaps an ability to reforge weapons as well although that would be a larger gamewide implementation. Tying the game to being statistic bound means a weapon is inevitably going to be discarded. Would be a shame to do that to Iris.

This expasion pack is one of the best DLCs I ever played!!!
So many stuff, so many hours in gaming. What a damn great Story... so many new things and innovations!!!
I mean.... a heist, this cool wedding with a "funny-happy-crazy" "Geralt". A new wooooonderful romance (I always liked Shani more than Triss :) )
The new armors and weapons are amazing... the Enchantment stuff... I love the glasses, my Geralt is wearing them from now on all the time :)
CDPR! You made a damn good thing. So many developers can take you as an good example for making games!!!

PS: There is only one liiiiiiiiittle thing that makes me a bit sad (but only a personal one)
That you cannot romance Shani "full" I mean like: After the main game together, etc. I know it's only a fan wish and that you try to explain why not... as I say only a personla thing, but I would loved to take Shani as the maid for my heart
...okay. Yen is always the choose in TW3.... but Shani is amazing too :)

Wonderful work!!!!

Last edited:
I loved it, only one complaint - when Shani told Geralt that she was leaving and that he could meet her before she left - I did that but she had no new lines apart from our talk about the wedding. I know they can't be together since they have different paths but at least Geralt could have told her what happened with Olgierd and how the story ended. Anyway, I really enjoyed the dlc, it was very well done.

Yes, it would have been nice to have a proper "goodbye" with Shani... my poor "Forever Alone" Geralt has been waiting for another chance with her for so long and then just gets a slightly wordier version of "Well?". I suppose there is some indications in their conversations that they will meet again but *sniffle*.. DAMN THIS WAR!!

Top Bottom