[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
Well done CDPR, excellent expansion. Definitely the best one I've played since ME3's Citadel DLC. It's a little early to make definitive statements, but I think O'Dimm is my favorite antagonist from any of the three games. Each of the main quests in the expansion were superb, definitely up there with the best quests in the game. The Shani romance was very well done. I very much liked the expanded area in NW Novigrad.

On the negative side, HoS seemed a little too far removed from the main story. I wish there had been more expanded roles for Ciri, Yen, Dandelion, Triss, and etc. I also Would have liked HoS to have been more of an Act I/Act II questline (level 15-25ish), especially for the romance portion. It's hard to justify the one night stand with Shani after having committed yourself to either Triss or Yen. It would make sense to allow for this quest to be completed earlier to remove the cognitive dissonance. Finally, I was expecting for Oxenfurt Academy to permanently open as an explorable area at some point during HoS and was disappointed that it did not.

But these are all small matters. Well done indeed. A Triumph! 10/10

Guest 2812644

Well done, the only problem I see is that you (CDPR) raised the bar for the next installment to meet.

Could have been made a battle system of the monsters proportional to the level of Gerald, who was too low, even with a full wolf set, queen at most in all equips, execto weapon and attack full signs, I picked up a lot and I'm lvl 42.

If Geralt, had a good battle system, it would be good place with these strong monsters, now Geralt looks like a cheap struggling dizzy, it's too bad the way he moves, gets stuck on the walls, and not to mention the new way to fight because it is even worse.

Npc where one can arrange weapons enctamentos, removes the runes you have and throw away simply absurd and even warns that this will actually happen? Not to mention that I did not see any use in these incantations. Apart from the absurd to spend more than 20k those two NPCs ..

And they could have updated the maps, I killed that crazy king, and the guys are still burning, still speaking his name, and just because we can not have access to Tris or Jenn? We chose it in the game.

And once again take the game Geralt someone who falls in love.

For some reason not gain more cards when I win the NPC, that have never played with them. because?

New weapons are made, the clothes also, the only clothing is cloying playing with her, that blue is not pretty, it could have done some as the clothing of elves that are really cool.
And not counting the new effects that should unite with the runes and glyphs, and do not remove the effects of them and still play out.

The story was cool, but it could have been better, the Intes the demon delivery to the end game if you do not help her crazy in the end, could be caught in other quests.

And could change the monsters and do something new, giant sapo's face, giant spider is second film not agree? So lack come with two-headed shark oh yes would be the utter desolation.

The next will have that giant rat, earthworm possessed?

They could have applied the map, and placed many more much extra quests.

But the game is very good, so I wanted more and more.

Last edited:
Thank you for this wonderful experience, it was a real emotional coasterride.
I had the time of my life during the wedding and many of the bossfights were memorable although rather strict in their design, favoring a "dark souls-y" but limited approach to tackling combat. Most of the signs normal and critical effects did not apply to the minibosses at all therefore making it a pure "dodge-hit-dodge" swordsman fight, especially exacerbated in the last fight during
the nightmare
The first fight (
Toad
) showcased that sometimes 2much is 2bad.
I was standing around and dodging for about 5minutes unable to do damage because the
Toad
decided to endlessly spam his turn/spit/jump/turn/spit/jump move....which got frustrating (not difficult mind you) very fast.
I didn't care much for the nnew runes or gear since a properly decked out Geralt had no problems damage-wise to tackle the new content.

But all the above is secondary to the sheer detail and amazing writing/quest design/dialogue of the main quest.
If this is only a taste, a "small" DLC I can't wait to see what they have in store for the next expansion.

CDPR: Showing them how it is done since TW1

Loved it. Would have paid $25-30 for HoS alone, but CDPR was generous enough to give it to me for 8.95. Here's hopin' that Blood and Wine is just as good, and that they decide to go ahead with a third expansion. Can never have too much Geralt.

The brandnew Witcher 3 installation solved every bug I have ever seen (for example the Textur Errors on NPC`s which looked like in Assassins Creed Unity or the guy with the boxes hopping around like a wandering graphics glitch) aaaaaaaand this Heart of Stones DLC is getting BETTER AND BETTER!!!
(I guess the glitches were because of an outdated dark nights and stronger igni mod installed by this Quick-BMS.)
This DLC is so funny and cool you will see a Geralt as never seen before acting like Napoleon+Goethe in one person, the creepy new spook castle with the awesome looking fog effects and the pact with the Devil and so much more. Pure awesomness!

I would really love to see these wonderful new volumetric fog effects surrounding the spooky castle later on in the game in other places too, for example during rain or thunderstorm in the forests and swamps and dark city streets....

And with the new glasses Geralt looks like some strange Alchemist or ghost hunter :D it fit`s PERFECT to the new CSI and Ghostbusters-like quests.

This game is no longer perfect it`s so far beyond awesome - it`s godlike :D

Oh I forgot, I was jumping around like a March Hare because of happyness when Witcher 3 really became Silent Hill like after meeting this creepy Grave-Digger on the spooky castles graveyard. This game is getting better and better with always more exciting and strange and creepy quests and enemys :D

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-10-20 01-36-49-755.jpg
    witcher3 2015-10-20 01-36-49-755.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 53
  • witcher3 2015-10-20 11-55-26-344.jpg
    witcher3 2015-10-20 11-55-26-344.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 40
  • witcher3 2015-10-20 23-13-46-754.jpg
    witcher3 2015-10-20 23-13-46-754.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 33
  • witcher3 2015-10-20 11-51-55-278.jpg
    witcher3 2015-10-20 11-51-55-278.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Truly excellent expansion. It started a bit slow for me but once the story gradually started to pick up the pace I was hooked.
I loved the fact that it is removed from the main narrative. It's like one of the stories from the first two books, which I actually liked more than the later novels. Completing the 3 wishes was a blast.

The gameplay improved as well. The bosses are fun and challenging. I only wish there were more new enemies with new mechanics throughout the world, like the spiders. And Ofieri mage. There should be more magic wielding opponents in general. The runewords were alright, though I ran into a bug that made me more much more powerful than I should be, using an enchanted armor, so I avoided enchanting for the most part.

There is one thing that bugged me and you could say it was a flaw in the main game as well. There is just too much hand holding. Most of the 'detective' work is just for show as you can't really fail. You are just along for the ride. For instance when recreating Irises memories where you have to put the objects in the right place, there is no penalty for doing it wrong. Geralt will just comment that it doesn't feel right if you try to place the incorrect object and that's about it. Compare that to the Witcher 2 and the Crypt of Mages in Loc Muine where you have to solve series of riddles which are nothing to scoff at. Or when you have to determine weather Kimbolt's letter is forged. Or the riddle in the 3 enchanted rooms guarded by gargoyles. You can fail at all of those with some form of punishment. There is no such thing in Witcher 3 and recreating memories in the painted world was a missed opportunity to bring back some form of challenge that doesn't involve combat.

That being said, I enjoyed it nonetheless. A well rounded emotional story with great characters. Can't wait for Toussaint!

Loved the new gwent cards you can get too...but I have a question....what does the new
Cow
gwent card do? It has 0 points and I can't see that it has any special abilities at all. Is there a point to it?

Just finished it. I really took my time with this delightful masterpiece. 50 hours approximately, clocked on GOG Galaxy. Of course, some of it is due to my pacing, with a lot of visits to both master craftsmen far away, for trading and crafting, on horse back. I'm glad I delayed to start playing it from release date until my current Geralt reached an appropriate level for it, instead of loading one of the many different endgame saves I have. Thus it became part of the current playthrough, part of the world, very different of what I would have felt playing it after completing the main quest.

Most of what I might say has already been said. Just wanted to say that I loved it all, every little bit of it. I'm not expecting to see quests and stories so well developed and crafted soon, except for the next expansion. I would prefer if it could be made a part of the world instead of a separated story only but it won't diminish anything from what I am sure you guys will deliver.

For the record, started playing at 1297 hours and finished as shown bellow. And since I won't stop, with a new NG+ right on the corner and more fresh starts to come, I'm also grateful that not only I have the time to play it as much as I wish but to be alive in such a time to experience it. Thanks again.

Attachments

• TW3_HoS_End1.jpg
    TW3_HoS_End1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 29
Just finished it. I really took my time with this delightful masterpiece. 50 hours approximately, clocked on GOG Galaxy. Of course, some of it is due to my pacing, with a lot of visits to both master craftsmen far away, for trading and crafting, on horse back. I'm glad I delayed to start playing it from release date until my current Geralt reached an appropriate level for it, instead of loading one of the many different endgame saves I have. Thus it became part of the current playthrough, part of the world, very different of what I would have felt playing it after completing the main quest.

Most of what I might say has already been said. Just wanted to say that I loved it all, every little bit of it. I'm not expecting to see quests and stories so well developed and crafted soon, except for the next expansion. I would prefer if it could be made a part of the world instead of a separated story only but it won't diminish anything from what I am sure you guys will deliver.

For the record, started playing at 1297 hours and finished as shown bellow. And since I won't stop, with a new NG+ right on the corner and more fresh starts to come, I'm also grateful that not only I have the time to play it as much as I wish but to be alive in such a time to experience it. Thanks again.

Holy crap, that's some real dedication! :D

---------- Updated at 07:10 PM ----------

Btw, do you still find new quests or something else new on your playthroughs?

Btw, do you still find new quests or something else new on your playthroughs?

From the top of my mind, I met later in game 2 people I have helped earlier and had never met before: Some guy from Skellige to whom I had given some books and showed in Novigrad/Velen area later and the plague corpse carrier that had had trouble with his chart. Way later he appeared trying to be eaten by ghouls on purpose because he had caught the plague he thought to be immune to. He begged Geralt to kill him... And a side quest I had always missed so far, to help some shipwreck survivor foreign woman and her child or give her to her pursuer who claimed she was evil.

From the top of my mind, I met later in game 2 people I have helped earlier and had never met before: Some guy from Skellige to whom I had given some books and showed in Novigrad/Velen area later and the plague corpse carrier that had had trouble with his chart. Way later he appeared trying to be eaten by ghouls on purpose because he had caught the plague he thought to be immune to. He begged Geralt to kill him... And a side quest I had always missed so far, to help some shipwreck survivor foreign woman and her child or give her to her pursuer who claimed she was evil.

Where did you encounter the skellige book guy and the shipwrecked survivors?

Where did you encounter the skellige book guy and the shipwrecked survivors?

The wanderer from Skellige was in Novigrad, IIFC. The survivors were South West of Novigrad, between Uster and Widow's Grotto. (I think the side quest started in Uster and led me to Widow's Grotto which I haven't found before).

Guest 3782876

It was worth having purchased. Despite the drama presenting in the expansion was not much of my interest , the ''villain'' captivated me, I found a well-told story and closed itself, because of that, I recommend.

The only gripe I got with it is at the end where Shani asks if Geralt will come see her before she leaves, and he says yes. Then, after the last mission nothing happens when you visit her...

The only gripe I got with it is at the end where Shani asks if Geralt will come see her before she leaves, and he says yes. Then, after the last mission nothing happens when you visit her...

I guess she stayed so you could still get her gwent card. ;)

---------- Updated at 04:33 PM ----------

I guess she stayed so you could still get her gwent card. ;)

....my life will never be the same because the best game of all times..... is over now... sad so sad...
But it`s the knowledge that there will be a second DLC and therefore not EVERYTHING is over which keeps one alive and maybe New Game+ might be... nice too.... but complete amnesia and enjoying this game a second time like it was the first and seeing all these awesome creatures and characters again like it was the first meeting would be the best thing ever. Month after month spending and enjoying time with Geralt like it was the first time since May 19th...

And maybe in lots of years there will be another Geralt game... Enhanced Edition - who knows. I always feared the day the best game ever is over and finished with nothing else to explore, talk or do and some day the bossfight + outro is unavoidable.

It was the best and most mysterious and exciting game ever

Now I don't know if they actually responded to people complaining about opponents not levelling up with us on DM thus making DM easy in eyes of quite a few players or it's just the expansion quests. But Hearts of Stone put Death in Death March. Opponents I'm running into are pretty much my level and to my satisfaction some fights make me put extra effort in. I like that.

Last edited:
FOR FUCK SAKE , after all Gerald has done in HoS and Main Quest ii feel absolutly rubbish because guards scale to 81 LEVEL !! Who needs the worlds famous witcher for just ask your local guard he 1 hits KO 850 armour.!!!!!

Top Bottom