[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
For the money and amount of time spent playing the HoS DLC, it delivered all it can. I was also pleasantly surprised by the "more difficult" boss fights than what was in the main game playing on Story and Blood. The main story was very imaginative and in my view perhaps better than the "Baron's" story in the main game.
Overall, EXCELLENT!
I just can NOT believe that CDR would shelf this WORLD after the second DLC, just running around the city you can see all the fine details and true art put into creating this WORLD.

I just love the Boss fights in this mode! More of that for the next expansion please! Also that needs to go into Cyberpunk later on.

Wow wow wow
Is my facial hair going to grow back after I was shaved against my will? Got the beard and hair style installed. It better does.

Wonderful story, awesome and creepy and mysterious and beautyful - and complete DIFFERENT than the main game and therefore a complete new style of Witcher gameplay.
It´s like ghost stories and exploring other dimensions making pacts with the devil - everything is highly interesting and truly epic stuff.
And sometimes the DLC is like Silent Hill.
In my opinion the DLC is way more interesting and offers so much more than "slay some superevil supervillain".
The Wild Hunt itself, if you meet these guys in person, well they are not that interesting in the main game because they are not sadistic and evil and special and weird enough. All the other characters and enemys related to the Wild Hunt like "The Crowns" and the Allgod and the funny and strange NPC`s are way more fascinating and uniquè than just slaying some black knights ;)
But in the DLC the endboss it truly interesting and uniquè and fascinating and the story leading to him is pure survival horror Gold and five stars gameplay.

And you get truly impressive loot from the HoS, for example the Viper Sword beautyfully crafted witcher gear, this new Ophir saber-style sword, if you pact with the Devil you will get a complete new zombie Roach similiar to this "Bog Unicorn" in Dragon Age Inquisition but way better and cooler - or otherwise a beautyful red glowing magic saber.... What a wonderful game that is adding so much loot and treasure stuff to the main game :)

The story is awesome and highly interesting, the treasures and loots are wonderful and truly uniquè and way beyond some "single new armor", this DLC is just perfect. 10/10.

Loved the new gwent cards you can get too...but I have a question....what does the new
Cow
gwent card do? It has 0 points and I can't see that it has any special abilities at all. Is there a point to it?

!SPOILER(KIND OF)! But it down,and after you finish a round,it transforms into a Chort! :p

[sarcasm] The riddle at the end was really really really hard, good that we were pretty much given the answer by the blind professor otherwise I don't think I could figure it out myself. [/sarcasm] I mean seriously not only it was super easy to figure out but we were actually given the frickin answer. So disappointed as much as I enjoyed the game, the difficulty was disappointing in all regards.

Last edited:
have to say i liked the expansion right up to the point when you go into that painting.. it went downhill fast after that.. i thought i was searching for troll fat like in one of the same type of quests you get in oblivian , you have to go into a "painted" world then aswell. Those memory quests arghh.. not one but 5 or was it 6..?
I spent so much time crafting my armour,oils,potions and signs building geralt up in the main game that i only died once.. i came to that last boss ..2 hits dead.. i had 6600 health? so what youre telling me is that his sword had 3000 damage? can geralt get a sword like that?

I noticed many movie and game references:
Arrow in the knee from Skyrim
An assassin named Professor form Bourne Identity
Faceless man from Pan's Labyrinth

Might be coincidence, but still.

I thought the Professor referenced the one in Witcher 1.

Soooo, played HoS 3 Times and my honest opinion about it, it feels much better then the Wild Hunt...And sorry to say that, but it shows how weak the normal Game is....Gaunter O'Dim for example, have more personality in the little finger than the complete wild hunt.
I have the Feeling another Team made it.

HoS was surprising and had some very good funny and also sad moments. Iris... :no:
Storytelling was great and the antagonist was very excellent. Gaunter O'Dim is now one of my favorite Characters.
The Wedding was one of my favorite parts. I laughed so much during this quest.

Bosses are challenging and new enemies are tough, so it must be .
Also the Romance with Shani was good , and the split up between Geralt and Shani at the end was reasonable.

I was entertained very good from start to the end. It never was Boring.

Last but not least, The Runewords are a Joke,sorry to say it...Only available in the late end game and disappears in ng+... Not worth it.

Here's my review of the DLC.

Available to read here

It's an impressive bit of writing but a little TOO difficult in combat.

Despite that, my biggest complaint is Gaunter O'Dim makes Eredin look entirely trite as a threat.

I was more satisfied with HOS than I've been with a game expansion in a while. Even then, some of my absolute favorites were so because they fixed some fault with the base game.

Some examples of this would be Fallout 3's Broken Steel (fixed the game ending for a really silly reason) and Skyrim's Dragonborn (really hit home on the Morrowind memories for me). Hearts of Stone, meanwhile, felt like the best of the expansions for Fallout: New Vegas did - carefully thought out, very well-written, and they added things to the base game that were both novel and not half-assed.

When I first heard that they would loosely be adhering to the model that Oblivion/Skyrim did for their story-driven expansions (that model being one that takes place largely in the established landmass of the base game, while the second, larger one takes place in a new world area), I worried that HOS would end up feeling rushed and cursory, but I'm really impressed that it didn't turn out like that. Only makes my excitement for Blood & Wine that much higher. So yeah, great job on this one, CDPR.

Really good expansion.

Actually enjoyed that O´dimm was more of a existential menace than the wild hunt itself, but that that threat was so hidden, focused and restrained by O´dimms modus operandi. Eredin was not only motivated by dreams of conquest and power, but also because he was desperate running out of time.

O´dimm on the other hand is patient, time matters not to him and neither it seems does conquest of anything other them the souls of those unfortunate dealing with him during the ages.

That is one of the reason why he worked so well. You realise that there are horrors that are so beyond the scope of mortals that they have no need or interest to play conqueror and that you can only deal with them by beating them at their own game of wits.

Last edited:
The expansion is amazing! I just finished the expansion a couple of days ago. The boss fights are amazing and arguably better than some of the boss fights in the main game and I experienced zero bugs. Also Shani <333

Thank you CD Projekt Red for making such a great game and expansion

I'm so impressed of the expansion Hearts of Stone, I'm stunned.

Everything is so good, the story, the characters, the music, the new areas.

How can I enjoy any other game when you made a game so close to perfection?

I feel so empty and only the next expansion can fill the void.

Thank you for such quality work CD Projekt.

Really enjoyed it overall.
Pros:
-Great characters (O'Dimm really steals the spotlight), I love the Ofieri merchants, shows that there's more to the world than the North and Nilfgaard. O'Dimm shows that there are monsters out there that put even the Wild Hunt to shame. Shani was a welcome sight.
-Boss fights were very challenging and enjoyable
-Quests were quite fun, I loved the wedding
-Main theme was FANTASTIC, hope we get more creepy children rhymes
Cons:
-Would've liked more involvement from the main cast (Ciri, Yen, Triss) but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Hope BaW includes them
-It's more of the same. If you loved W3, get this. If not, this won't change your opinion.

It feels short, but it's more like "compact" then actually short.
It's action and story packed, you dont need to run around since you already have items, skills and unlocked fast travel points - thats why it feels shorter than it really is.
I spent 15 hours to finish it and it was a good deal for the money, great pleasure-per-money-spent value for sure. Closest thing to compare would be Awakening expansion for Dragon Age: Origins, the concept, the lenght and the value are very similar.
The runemaster upgrades are lacking usability, but i am sure it is subject to change till the next expansion comes out.

Thank you for the excellent add-on. In fact, the gameplay exceeded the base game. I really enjoyed the challenge you have presented with each bosses. It really does required me to learn all signs and mastered them all. I also really like the story and the humor. Overall, there is not much I can complaint. Great fun! fantastic story and characters, challenging on DM, not a dull moment in my 20 hours with this add-on. Can't wait for the next one. Keep up the good work guys!! You guys got my vote for GOTY!

ps., Thank you for bringing Shani back.. So great to see her again. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom