[SPOILERS] What's your opinion on Hearts of Stone?

+
Probably the best RPG add-on in years. The only flaw being it ignoring part of the main plot if you've already completed the game. Hope they'll add some things, like comments on political situation and mentioning your lover when you're trying to make out with Shani.

HoS is super expansion! I hate to say it, but I enjoy it much more than main story in base game...

Now I'm waiting for B&W more than for something else.

wow..... just wow.
i just finished playing hearts of stone.... and it left me that same strange mix of sorrow and gratification i get when i finish reading a great book.
calling this an expansion (although technically that's what it is) is simply unappropriate and misleading. it's a story, a very captivating and immersing one... a story beautifully written and devised... and delivered in a spectacular fashion.
and as a story, hearts of stone has more than enough gravitas to stand on its own legs..... that is to say, i would have bought it even had it been a stand alone game.... at a full price.... and it would have been worth every cent.

a huge thank you to the developers at cdpr project. that was just beautiful. games such as yours give a new dimension and depth to videogaming as a medium.

... in the words of Field Marshal Windbag, "Kin' 'ell!"

Last edited:
My HoS Feedback

What really bugged me is Olgierd not getting a scar on his neck after our encounter. I'd grown to expect such details to not go overlooked by CDPR.

First the witcher 3 is a great game but sadly the DLC is far far below that standard. It lacks story which the base game really has. And while the fighting in the base game was much fun it suc....d in the DLC. The advance you make in level is so low. I finished the game on lvl 36 and at the end of the DLC i raised 2 levels all side quest played ????
Hope CDPR will look at the next DLC witch greater care and make it in the spirit of the witcher base game. Overall sad to have played the DLC cause it make overall judgement of the game go down.

Great story, really. Very well done. Could maybe contain more humor. Except for asking Shaani to play Gwent, it's all rather serious. Hope we'll get that with the next expansion. I also hope the devs will remember that B&W will the final chapter of the Witcher story and make it memorable as not one of the highlights of the series but of gaming in general. I didn't like that Geralt acts with Shaani as if Triss or Yen don't exist. As if she would be a serious consideration if Triss or Yen weren't there. According to the book, it didn't seem like they were only a one off. Also, regarding Viper set, the same problem exists as the rest of the game. The armor is given too late to spend any time in it. By the time we reach HoS, the wolven hour is already spent. This doesn't work as I've mentioned before. Other than that, very nice.

Opted for a story, can't get past the wraith so can't finish the story.
I know many ask for a far higher difficulty level but put on the lowest setting it should be like it says "a story" in other words a walk in the park.

Sorry, but for the lesser playing non virtuosos, like me, way to difficult. So no I can't recommend this game how good the story up until now has been.

I totally loved it? Like many others, I enjoyed it overall more than the base game. I played on "Story and Sword difficulty", V 1.10, after I finished the main story. I found the boss's just challenging enough to not be frustrating, the story line and characters were brilliant and it reminded me a lot in atmoshpere of W 1. The only gripe I have is the runes dissappear from your gear and after gaining extra skills and great armor, the game is over before you really have a chance to use it. Never the less, outstanding CDPR!

Last edited:
_O_ bought the expansion pass... kind of disappointed on Hearts of Stone, new villages but nothing them , like interesting characters or dialogs , contracts, quests, where are the where-wolfs or monsters that prey on villages or on roads at night , vampires other monsters...secret societies .

A nightly event and profane rituals at the full-moon with powerful monsters , more witcher contracts... Novigrad has so many possibilities please explore them.

But my dream is the Night to remember , it has the potential to be such a beatfull story, a monsters that feels almost human, but you have a job to do your job , battling a unbeatable foe, beatfull strong and noble (throwing geralt around like a rag doll) hehe, plz CDPR Plzzz _O_ night to remember.

Liked Olgierd history was cool , but the side quests and the world could have gained more.

dollar is so high now , exp pass costed me like 80 bucks : P

Last edited:
One of the best stories I've ever read/seen. And I'm not even exaggerating. Definitely one of the best quest series in Witcher 3 as of now. It was full of sorrow, excitement, humour and action. I especially respect it for adding two unforgettable characters. I don't think I'll be able to forget Gaunter O'Dimm and Olgierd von Everec for quite some time (Even Vlodomir actually, I laughed a lot thanks to that chap :) ). Feeling the real motives behind the characters' actions, the regrets and sorrows they had, standing between liking/hating each of them at the same time, characters that are not so black-and-white... I mean yeah, these are the things we are used to in Witcher games and books. But still, having them implemented in such a way in a freaking "expansion", with the introduction of two of the most memorable characters in the series... That demands highest of fives, and respects, in my book. So kudos Reds ;) To your health!

And the ending, a final boss fight with a riddle (albeit a little easy), was a touch of excellence. I always enjoy a good boss fight with wits. And - like I said - even though the riddle itself was a little obvious, it was still pretty exciting. (Btw, the devil at the crossroads theme kinda made me think about Supernatural. Anyone else felt that way?)

Last edited:
Opted for a story, can't get past the wraith so can't finish the story.
I know many ask for a far higher difficulty level but put on the lowest setting it should be like it says "a story" in other words a walk in the park.

Sorry, but for the lesser playing non virtuosos, like me, way to difficult. So no I can't recommend this game how good the story up until now has been.

which wraith?

Really, really, liked HoS.... It's exceedingly well written, both the plot and the dialog, and always seems to strike exactly the right tone, lightness, fun, sadness, creepiness, foreboding... Especially the villains; the wild hunt seemed sort of boring and stereotypical by comparison. Indeed I agree with other posters, I think HoS is better written than the main game (I still loved the main game, mind you).

Lengthwise, it seems just about right, and adds a decent selection of little side-quests and etc.

All in all I'm very satisfied and happy. This is exactly what expansions/dlc should be, well worth the money.

Sooooo, so glad I held off finishing my first playthrough until after I completed this.

And talk about Hollywood level writing.... I have to say, by the time I got to the 4th memory with Iris on the bed and Olgierd washing his hands, my hatred for the man was at it's peak. How stupid could he possibly be to do ANYTHING that would threaten the life he was just beginning with this amazing woman. She was beyond perfect. But then the bits and pieces of the story started falling into place. Her scenes on the balcony were heartbreaking to me, man. Really. I had to call family, just to say hi after that moment. Then you have the classic leading-up scene in the professor's house where you get confirmation of the earth shattering perspective on what is really going on and what's about to happen... it's like @nerodiseppia stated above, all the parts that go into making a truly memorable and amazing book/film/story are there. They are there and CDPR deserves all credit and thanks, tenfold over.

It was just fantastic. All the quests, all the new areas and POI's, the swords & armor, the runewords. The auction house theft, the WEDDING! Seriously, that was amazing! The SEX with the beautiful Shani, WHO I LOVE! I mean, just so much enjoyment. So many things I was shocked to enjoy in a single, measly DLC. I really am blown away.

I still think I'm in love with Iris. I know Lu Corfield voiced her, and I dunno if it was the eye-makeup... the portrayal in scenes that could have been out of my own life (ok, maybe 1 of them) or the fact that I've always been a brunette man, it's just... well, it's embarrassing. Heh...

If this DLC was supposed to be the little brother to B&W... I may not survive it.

Whelp... Now to go find Ciri...

Thought it was awesome. Really liked the writing and the overall setting of the story.

Just wish the main expansion quests were longer... :p

Now to wait for BaW.......or start a new save from the beginning.

I like it. But for someone, who did severalplaythroughs for different outcomes in dialogues, HoS felt too short. I have always been a big fan of 1001 nights, so I hope to see the world of the Ofieri one day. :)

DLC's great but I do have one issue - these boss battles are not at all what I was hoping for.

The things that the main game got right - preparation is key, boss monsters have the moveset of normal monsters, so the fights don't feel out of place in the larger picture.

The things it didn't get right - Wild Hunt boss fights that are unlike anything else in the game and require an approach that has nothing to do with the strengths listed above.

And what HoS then does is... take all the things that the game got wrong, make them more punishing and ditch all the things it got right (every one of the boss fights have you go in unprepared and rely on trial and error, rather than careful investigation and preparation)? I simply don't understand the design decision behind these new boss fights. None of them provided me with what I liked about the boss fights from the base game - thankfully, it's not the aspect of the game I care about too much, but it was something that was an annoyance for me.

Anyway, with that out of the way, the rest of the package felt like a more condensed and polished version of the base game, with some interesting themes and situations - won't go into too many details for fear of spoilers. Overall, I'm very happy with the DLC.

That's entirely, 100% your opinion.. that they "got it wrong," because in my opinion, new boss-fights NOT behaving how all the other dozens have is a warm, welcome surprise! Why would they want to copy / paste the same type of movement / boss mechanics when they've got free reign to try out new, more difficult stuff?

Top Bottom