[Spoilers] Why every game related to the Transhumans end same?

+
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Crysis 3, and Black Ops 3. Why all of the games related to the Transhumans end depressing and sad. For the game's sake, I am not buying the 6 months thing ever since Deus Ex: HR ending. But still I felt super sad for the Johnny Silverhand even though, I believe V has chance to survive. God dammit Johnny, him and his girlfriend put into the machine for some Corpocrat fantasy. All of these games depressed me and continue to depress me. Why punish gamers who are into Cyberpunk? I just wanted to cybernetically wipe out half of the city and bang some hookers ,^=^,

msxyz

Forum regular
What is now grossly defined as 'cyberpunk' genre is sometimes called 'dark sci-fi' for a reason.

As in high fantasy/low fantasy, you've a type sci fi where you portray humanity in a positive light: they will spread throughout the galaxy and meet alien races that all look somehow humanoid while their societies are somehow not as open minded and ingenious as humans. In addition to this, good/evil entities are clearly cut and there is little space for grey areas.

Then, there's that kind of sci-fi who regards the human race as irremediably flawed and that progress will only serve to press further the petty power struggles, to find new ways to abuse/dominate/kill other human beings and that human race is ultimately doomed to fail in the grand scheme of things because it cannot elevate itself above its primordial instincts.

Last edited:
Lack of creativity/ lazy writing? I imagine there could be happy endings in these types of stories; but then "the other crowd" will come out and ask why are there happy endings in a dystopian society story...

Simple answer, just part of the trope for stories like this....

No really ,it all depends on the vision of the person who writes the scenario, he can write happy ending as well as sad ending...

Lack of creativity/ lazy writing? I imagine there could be happy endings in these types of stories; but then "the other crowd" will come out and ask why are there happy endings in a dystopian society story...

Simple answer, just part of the trope for stories like this....
It's more part of the genre.
As someone else already said, there are reasons why the "cyberpunk" genre is considered "dark scifi".

In a world where people are feeling increasingly powerless, Pondsmith sees the message of hope inherent in the cyberpunk genre. “The thing that I love about cyberpunk inherently is that it's about paying attention, and dealing with things. If you use the technology and your knowledge right, you can make it better. You can’t just let the boostergangs roll over your community, or you’re going to let a microtech tear down your apartment building to put up a microwave tower,” he says.

You can’t just say, ‘The world is craptastic and you can’t do anything about it.’ No. You don’t have to save the world, but you need to be able to save your mother or the apartment you and your friends live in.

They missed point of genre with those endings
Post automatically merged:

It's more part of the genre.
As someone else already said, there are reasons why the "cyberpunk" genre is considered "dark scifi".
It is not dark scifi

Top Bottom