(SPOILERS) Will our choices from previous Witcher games really matter in Witcher 3 ?

+
I was just wondering, what are you guys thinking.

We know we will be able to import the data from TW2 if we play the game on PC or there will be an in-game dialogue where we can specify the choices we made in TW2 but do you think it will have big impact in the sequal?

!TW2 SPOILER ALERT! (If you did not play The Witcher 2 yet and you want to before TW3 comes out stop reading!).

For example, my choices were:

- Joined Iorveth´s side
- Killed prince Stennis
- Henselt lost, Saskia won, Dethmold died (inevitable results from joining Iorveth I guess).
- Did not help Philippa but rescued Triss instead (which resulted in the Nilfgaardian Ambassador´s death if that is significant at all).
- Did not let Síle die
- Did not kill Saskia
- Killed Letho

So in my scenario, Philippa and Síle are both alive and still controlling Saskia who now rules part of Aedirn which to me sounds like it should have big impact on the story.

Henselt is still in the picture as well but in the recent 15 minute demo, the only king they mentioned who is at war with Nilfgaard was Radovid.

What do you guys think?

For future reference you can hide your spoilers inside
This is an example of a spoiler tag. [spoiler] Secrets go here (visible because of noparse tag). [/spoiler]
. Red exclamation on the reply toolbar, or you can manually add them.

I don't think you'll necessarily be able to see what was in your imported save. You may want to go through them first and work out what they all are. (I zipped mine and summarised the choices in the zipfile name).
Thats quite problematic. Taking into account that all the saves files looks the same except for the number, we´ll have to load each one just to know which save is it? It would be annoying at best.

Thats quite problematic. Taking into account that all the saves files looks the same except for the number, we´ll have to load each one just to know which save is it? It would be annoying at best.

How many have you got?
The alternative would be to ignore your savefiles and go through the Q&A at the beginning of the game.
Anyway, there might be a way of checking, maybe it takes you through the Q&A anyway, but it's never been suggested before.

How many have you got?
The alternative would be to ignore your savefiles and go through the Q&A at the beginning of the game.
Anyway, there might be a way of checking, maybe it takes you through the Q&A anyway, but it's never been suggested before.

Well, if you ask about the total amount of saves, I have around 420 saves including all possible endings. That´s why it will be a problem to know which one is the save I want to import :S
I could use the Q&A as you said, but I would like to have the objects from my saves as well.

I didn´t know that but If that´s true, what´s the point of importing saves when we have the Q&A?
Good question...
What is the point of carrying Raven armor and Aerondight all this time? What will happen to those items? My Geralt is emotionally attached to them... :)

Lets hope u can keep [transfer] your gear and armor aswel from the witcher 2, same idea as the witcher 1 armor and weapons carried over 2.

Even if there is a "What is in this save?" option, I don't think it would help JackTheReaper with his 420 saves, because I don't think they'll do anything more than have a message with some variation of "This isn't an endgame save" if you try to load an early one.
@JackTheReaper7 - Maybe this will help:
Go into TW2 and into the option to load a game. Look for saves with the title "Enter the Dragon", then scroll UP through the saves called "The Assassins of Kings". The one at the top of the list, before the description changes into something else, should be your final save from one playthrough. Take a note of the last modified date/time, then load it in to find out from Dandelion's description what choices you made.

Should be something like this:
View attachment 12408

Once you have the list, go into the savegame folder and pick out all of the Autosaves with the matching date/times.

Yup, messy, but as the game doesn't name savegames usefully it's probably the only way.

Attachments

• Loadscreen.jpg
    Loadscreen.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thank you @Dragonbird. That´s what I intended to do if there´s no other solution. Anyway, It´s a minor issue that just require some time. Saves need to be classified only once. After that I´ll have all possible endings correctly classified in order to use them in different walkthroughs of The Witcher 3.
Thank you again for your concern :)

Top Bottom