Votes: 3 2.5%
  • (Don´t) Fear the Reaper

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Path of Least Resistance

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

mbrto

Forum regular
im wondering which one you guys like the most and why.

i always go for "dont fear the reaper"
when is saw the initial choices i thought storming saka tower alone should be an option.
having johnny express the exact same thought just blew my mind.
its a shame judy doesnt get a happier ending in this one

the ending with the aldecaldos has a really uplifting vibe.
but sacrificing them to save yourself feels all kinds of wrong to me.

couldnt bring myself to try the suicide ending yet

I feel Nomad feels the most compelling story, death or not.

You ride off away from Night City, away from the horrors to an uncertain but hopefully beautiful future.

It's the "Rachel and Decker escape" ending.

I feel like giving up your body to Johnny is the only other one that feels like it has emotional weight. Even then, Johnny giving up after V's death feels like a poor ending. He's been given a second chance at life but his response is to be utterly CRUSHED by it.

Legend?

Eh, not really. You're living a somewhat hollow and empty life killing the shit out of people for money.

I did All Along the Watchtower first and I liked it but my Streetkid V's lines felt a bit off at times, then I tried Don't Fear The Reaper and ended up preferring it for my character, loved the dialogue with Johnny.
I didn't take it as a step back in V's character development, my V didn't care about money on its own, but she didn't want to leave NC and figured that if the search for a cure didn't work out at least she'd die in action and not from a slow disease.

the ending with the aldecaldos has a really uplifting vibe.
but sacrificing them to save yourself feels all kinds of wrong to me.
You are not sacrificing no one. Saul decided to help you because the Aldecados needed the money from the raid to keep existing.
There are other Nomad politics as to why he wanted to help you too, but it is mainly about the money.
They died not for you, but to give the family a chance to get back on its feet.

I feel Nomad feels the most compelling story, death or not.

You ride off away from Night City, away from the horrors to an uncertain but hopefully beautiful future.

It's the "Rachel and Decker escape" ending.

I feel like giving up your body to Johnny is the only other one that feels like it has emotional weight. Even then, Johnny giving up after V's death feels like a poor ending. He's been given a second chance at life but his response is to be utterly CRUSHED by it.

Legend?

Eh, not really. You're living a somewhat hollow and empty life killing the shit out of people for money.
The temperance ending is just so painful, Johnny doesn't even tell Judy what happened too V, and Panam is going to either destroy Johnny or destroy herself trying to get V back...

You are not sacrificing no one. Saul decided to help you because the Aldecados needed the money from the raid to keep existing.
There are other Nomad politics as to why he wanted to help you too, but it is mainly about the money.
They died not for you, but to give the family a chance to get back on its feet.

aldecaldos seem to be fine after the reaper ending.
i doubt that they need to raid arasaka tower every 50 years to exist.

imho the whole panzer operation is a disaster, especially for a non-lethal playthough

aldecaldos seem to be fine after the reaper ending.
i doubt that they need to raid arasaka tower every 50 years to exist.

imho the whole panzer operation is a disaster, especially for a non-lethal playthough
The Aldecados are in NC because they are having money problems and need to raise it fast, they are doing dangerous jobs out of necessity (see the Gun Music quest or even helping V in the end), and this is the primary motivation to help V storm Arasaka tower.

My favorite ending is the aldecaldos ending, because we're leaving this city which ultimately took us all. Certainly some are dead, but there are no great victories without great sacrifices. Then it's the only end where our romance ends at best. The end at Crystal Palace is good but proves that V never matured and that he only thinks of becoming a legend. Ultimately, in the secret ending, no one dies, but the conclusion remains the same: V only thinks of glory, instead of what he really lacks: a family ready to die for him.

This is only my opinion, of course.

It would be nice if you add a small description to the poll about events happened in these endings, because I'm sure not everyone remember the names of the quests, or what these lines in the poll should represent... I don't :(

My ending was: infiltration to Mikoshi with Panam and nomads, and my V sacrificed his body to Johnny. I actually like this ending. I'm glad my friend Johnny is alive and have a chance for new beginning, and V is not completely dead too, he still exists as an AI within the cyberspace, and theoretically has a chance for resurrection.

all endings suck?
That being said, Don't Fear the Reaper makes most sense for my V. I wasn't intersted in joining the Alecaldos and leaving NC would be totally ooc, Arasaka are scum and suicide is stupid, because on the roof V didn't know that he had plot cancer and therefore had no reason to off himself. And giving my body to Johhny would be both disrespectful to V and him.
By process of elimination, this only leaves Path to Glory and Reaper, and since I can avoid sacrificing Rogue in the latter...
doens't mean I like the outcome of this ending even though I did like striking terror in the heart of Arasaka goons.

I find the most emotional scene in the game is found in the credits if V had romanced Judy but decided they couldn't take anymore and committed suicide.

I find the best mission is going in Solo

I find the best "epilogue" is leaving NC with the Nomads

Torn between the endings where V rides off with the Nomads and the one where V & Johnny "solo" Arasaka, and V emerges out the other end as a Night City legend.

The latter is definitely a bit darker...for all V's riches and glory and supposedly accomplishing their big dream, you get the sense that their life is not as rewarding as in the Nomad ending. "This city's always got a promise for you, it might be a lie...an illusion, but it's there, just around the corner."

Torn between the endings where V rides off with the Nomads and the one where V & Johnny "solo" Arasaka, and V emerges out the other end as a Night City legend.

The latter is definitely a bit darker...for all V's riches and glory and supposedly accomplishing their big dream, you get the sense that their life is not as rewarding as in the Nomad ending. "This city's always got a promise for you, it might be a lie...an illusion, but it's there, just around the corner."
In legend ending V at least dies in Crystal palace, sparing the nomads and Panam to powerlessly watch him fading away. Life with terminally ill is a living hell.

Top Bottom