• New Dawn Fades

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • (Don´t) Fear the Reaper

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Path of Least Resistance

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
happened to me once as well
relic malfunction right before the credits and there was a subtitle "shit, not good" during the credits

can anyone reproduce this consistently?
Never happened to me in any ending

The Aldecados are in NC because they are having money problems and need to raise it fast, they are doing dangerous jobs out of necessity (see the Gun Music quest or even helping V in the end), and this is the primary motivation to help V storm Arasaka tower.

Now all the Panam lovers will dispute this. They say the Aldacado's helped you because of how nice Panam is.
Post automatically merged:

In legend ending V at least dies in Crystal palace, sparing the nomads and Panam to powerlessly watch him fading away. Life with terminally ill is a living hell.

Who says V dies raiding the Crystal palace. Nothing says this. In fact this is probably the single best ending for V to find a cure.

If you don't want to see Judy cry again, I recommend against it.

Yea because a video game character crying is just too much to handle.

Of course Secret ending is good because none of your friends die. But at the same time you remain at the top of NC alone. Victor and Misty are good people who want V to be happy. But in fact V loses the chance to be with somebody who can be with him in hard times here and now. River has his own family who needs his help and protection and River can’t shift it to someone else.
Kerry always try to be successful and self-sufficient. His main mission was to persuade himself that he can be a singer, a talent, a human without Johnny.
While Panam and Judy have similar conditions with V. Both of them don’t have really nearest person who can distinguish their feelings, emotions, wishes. And if they found somebody, disappointment inevitably came (just remember Nash in Panam case and Maiko in Judy case). V is the first person they can trust and love.
That’s why I want V to be with Panam/Judy in Star ending. Probably this is happiest that could happen in their lives. And they deserve chance to find cure from V’s sickness in AZ together (male V with Panam, and female V with Judy).

I think you got some things mixed up here. In the solo ending Rivers, Kerry and even Judy agree to wait for you depending on romance option. Judy seems to change her mind after some time has passed and leaves eventually per the credits. And your motivation is not to be a legend, since you already are, but to find a possible cure. That's strongly implied by the conversation with Mr. Blue Eyes.

Now in the Nomad ending you get 4 more people killed, the clan is being hunted, and you have to deal with Panam's BPD even if you romanced Judy.

Don't fear the Reaper, except instead of continuing onto Path of Glory, you leave with Panam. Not sure why the epilogue isn't a choice when doing the Reaper final mission,

The reason the clan leaves is because they know they are wanted and will be hunted down and killed. So in the solo run this isn't the case and the clan can stay.

Last edited:
Don't Fear the Reaper with no LIs. The phonecalls after that are very inconsistent though. + the same plot cancer again.

I'd say it's just a lesser evil, not "favourite".

At the same time, I'm sort of disappointed that it is, essentially, the Path of Glory ending.

I really think Where is My Mind nails a lot of key themes underutilized in the game, and along with the way it is structured, I like it a lot (It's not my ideal ending, but it is my favorite for that reason). It unfolds like a tentpole sci-fi thriller with you being awoken after the surgery to remove the Relic, and your doc Kasuma conveniently going through all these explanations for what you're experiencing - the visual touches are great as well - so things really seem mundane. But there are so many nice subtleties that become evident, the most obvious one being the Theseus' Ship Paradox in philosophy that Kasuma mentions in her log. For those who don't know: Theseus' Ship is a hypothetical ship that is built and in some retellings over time has all of the parts that comprise the ship replaced due to weather, inclement damage, and other minutiae to the point that no original material the ship was made with exists any more. Is V, who has essentially died twice, had his entire body "overwritten" biologically to accommodate Johnny, and only survives as a digital construct of his former organic self, still actually V? To what extent can V change or experience change and remain the same person? Is a V who essentially sacrifices everything, including his friends' relationships and values, the same V afterward?

We got to see V gradually trying to readjust to this new life while all these red flags started popping up, i.e. the invasively formal and limited interaction V had with her during repetitive testing sessions, or even V "unlocking" basic phone privileges. Then there's the specter of whatever is left of Johnny in your memories basically reminding you how naive your choice was, not really being able to connect with your friends, etc.. I'd seen most people blow through this section in video walkthroughs rather than actually attempt to participate because you realize they're just holding you there and stalling so I wanted to see just what could possibly happen if I did. And we did finish testing, in a way, which actually surprised me. What I really enjoyed though is that there is a much greater sense of time and progression happening with the way that you receive updates about events happening on Earth through news footage prior to each testing session. The very premise of being able to push oneself beyond their physical limitations reaches an uncanny valley where people - in Saburo's reasoning - aren't murdered because their original bodies are still functioning normally, even though an entirely new mind may be controlling them. The very concept of "rights" and consent for people who become engrams for sake of argument haven't even been formally established yet and depend entirely upon how rich a person is.

So you get to the moment of truth where what we all know was made evident is before you and you can choose to become part of this cog in the machine while they search for a way to provide you with a suitable body (why not just grow a new one or do some fancy gene manipulation which is already possible?), or you can go home and actually not allow the fear of death to ruin your life, something I appreciated. I think pointing out the Arasakas ultimately didn't live up to their promise of being able to "cure" you and that Johnny is "right" is low-hanging fruit (they're Corpos in a story that is emphatically anti-corporatist). You knew they wouldn't be "pals" with you. Not even Hanako trusts her peers, and Yorinobu was constantly trying to overcome the manipulation of this father yet obviously failed in the endgame. It's very pessimistic if you think about it, with the only ray of sunlight being Tak's unflinching loyalty to the family even despite intimate experience with how the corporation itself operates if you remain with them, or if you're playing Corpo, the reality that you can still potentially climb the ranks doing favors for them until you're dead if you return home (they'd probably put you in a soul prison for a future body if you're good enough).

I have tried all the ending . The best combination i found was to do the secret ending. The one where you go it alone. But don't call Judy when on the roof. My thinking no one dies. Judy and V part on good terms. To me Judy was ready to leave NC. I would want to think V helper her be able to get a new start. To me V liked Judy but it did not seem she was in lover with her. The same with Judy. V seemed like something to take her mind of Evelyn. If you call Judy the story has it a messy break up. Where Judy messages her that she has left. V becoming the queen of the after lift, a legend was what Jackie died for. Also it allowed rouge to get out. Having V leave with the aldocados was a good ending except that is not V. No where in the game does V ever express that she is upset with NC. Her complaint is because of NC she has a time bomb in her head. There is a line in the secret ending the explains it. It is they same sentiment she made to deshan. Wanting to die with a gun in here hand as a legend. Remember V is a character that you have just spent the last few days killing everything that moves. Not someone that would want to live a calm and peaceful life. At least on the Nomad version of she she came to town with guns blazing as her and Jackie ran from Militech. This is a character that you can equip with a deadly cyberdeck and mantis blades. You can give her a shoot gun that can blow people into pieces. That is why i liked taking on arasaka tower alone to be the best choice. Oh and yes it took me three tries until i got it. But oh was it satisfying when i did complete it. Tip have a shoot gun Grenades. And max out your cyberdeck. Use contagious to weaken the mod of robots. Use the shoot gun to take out the mechs. But most of all don't rush it.

the story isn't 'complete' though, not with a postscript plot-twist cliffhanger. The driving force through the whole narrative is survival and the game aborts before you've done it to leave you with a cheap emotion hook to pull you into dlc to actually finish the story.

[...]
Ding Ding Ding. Especially with multiple cliffhangers with zero resolution. JS lives - ghosts EVERYONE and doesnt have the spine to send a message V is dead and location of grave. Rides off...
Go with Nomads - maybe pretty please find a miracle cure (that you should have been looking for in main game) that they knew about but psssst only tell you after da biggie mission..
Dying - even closer than Nomads in a luxury penthouse (where all those eddies should have been going to researching a cure/hospital trials).. who knows what is next.. instead of trying the next super big gig!!
Stuck in a computer.. no one knows where you're at..

4 separate and disparate cliff hangers folks.. we have a sad story about terminal illness for everyone to enjoy no mater your flavor of masochisms in thinking about V with these progressing symptoms going through their daily life..

You watch Shoah to LEARN about it, see the tales of horror... not for entertainment. Philadelphia Story is not a "fun" movie. Not many will go and re-watch it. But for a repayable interactive medium you are playing a dying and suffering soon to be corpse tying off loose ends for a totally different characters story. oh yippie.

Top Bottom