Votes: 6 5.0%
  • New Dawn Fades

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • (Don´t) Fear the Reaper

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Path of Least Resistance

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
the point question is: the endings feel incomplete and are full of plotholes. If they want to rectify this via DLC, they probably have to make it paid, because developing a huge expansion costs money (Unles they only do a one hour DLC or something, but I feel that would be a waste of the potentially interesting Crystal Palce location). Are we prepared to pay money for a resolution that should have been in the base game from the start?
As much as I hate the endings and am angry about the cut content, I love the characters too much to give up on them yet. So if they offered me paid content where V can be saved...I personally would pay for it (and feel a bit stupid). Others might decide differently.

the point question is: the endings feel incomplete and are full of plotholes. If they want to rectify this via DLC, they probably have to make it paid, because developing a huge expansion costs money (Unles they only do a one hour DLC or something, but I feel that would be a waste of the potentially interesting Crystal Palce location). Are we prepared to pay money for a resolution that should have been in the base game from the start?
As much as I hate the endings and am angry about the cut content, I love the characters too much to give up on them yet. So if they offered me paid content where V can be saved...I personally would pay for it (and feel a bit stupid). Others might decide differently.

Same for me, I really enjoyed the game until the ending and only care about the story.
Huge paid story expansion > multiplayer or free new clothes/cars/gigs/whatever DLCs

While I'm with you guys, that the endings are not very satisfying conclusion and I would like to see it changed or expanded into something better, but... there's this weird entitlement at play here. Same happened with Mass Effect 3.

What I mean is that even if we didn't like the ending, there is an ending, it's not like unfinished or anything. Are the developers really obligated to provide us another? For free? C'mon.

While I'm with you guys, that the endings are not very satisfying conclusion and I would like to see it changed or expanded into something better, but... there's this weird entitlement at play here. Same happened with Mass Effect 3.

What I mean is that even if we didn't like the ending, there is an ending, it's not like unfinished or anything. Are the developers really obligated to provide us another? For free? C'mon.

ME3's endings were so atrocious they didn't feel like they even belonged to the game, I think it was fair to complain.

In CP, Act 3 feels organic but cut. There's no way around it, the pacing is off and it adds more clues than gives answers or closure, without mentioning the fact that lore friendly cures for V's condition exist and are even mentioned in-game.
I'd definitely be ok with paying for a good story expansion though.

ME3's endings were so atrocious they didn't feel like they even belonged to the game, I think it was fair to complain.

In CP, Act 3 feels organic but cut. There's no way around it, the pacing is off and it adds more clues than gives answers or closure, without mentioning the fact that lore friendly cures for V's condition exist and are even mentioned in-game.
I'd definitely be ok with paying for a good story expansion though.

Complaining is fine. I complained about ME3 ending too, it was really, really bad!
And I agree also that Cyberpunk's story and pacing feels really off sometimes and the endings definitely aren't great.

But I don't think we really have grounds to demand another ending "that should have been in the base game from the start", just because we feel this isn't good enough.
I do think we can of course complain and ask for it to be expanded, but I don't think it would be at all unreasonable to make it paid DLC. Fallout 3 kind of did it with Broken Steel.

Dark tragic endings that make everyone feel miserable so they complain that it's to dark and wonder why the cyberpunk genre isn't a happy world where butterflies bloom out of everyone ass cheeks....wait that's happening? Score +10 for the cyberpunk genre.

It was financially successful. Enough copies were sold that DLC is almost certain.

You got a complete story and an ending. DLC that provides new story content after that is a bit like a mini sequel. Unless that content was complete and cut from the main game to later sell as DLC, calling it a scam is a bad take.
the story isn't 'complete' though, not with a postscript plot-twist cliffhanger. The driving force through the whole narrative is survival and the game aborts before you've done it to leave you with a cheap emotion hook to pull you into dlc to actually finish the story.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark tragic endings that make everyone feel miserable so they complain that it's to dark and wonder why the cyberpunk genre isn't a happy world where butterflies bloom out of everyone ass cheeks....wait that's happening? Score +10 for the cyberpunk genre.
The endings are not dark, they are grimdank, illogical and a glorified game over screen.
The games goal and endings dont fit.

No i am angry because of the deaths illogical explanation and the reused trope. It was insulting.
Endings were perfect! I'm just upset that it didn't get "DARKA" DARKNESS EVERYWHERE! Cmon reallly *SPOILER* giving Rogues gun to the columbarium didn't touch you at all. Dude....really? You weren't even present in the story then. That scene was honorable, respectful, grim yet deserving.

Ah back to the old "the cyberpunk genre can't have anything but loom and doom" discourse. That's not a thing and never was, the core of cyberpunk is that there's always a way to resist an oppressive and alienating system. Happy, sad, neutral and bittersweet endings all fit the genre.

I was lucky enough to choose the Panam+Judy ending with my first female Nomad, and boy I chose the right way. Got away with my body, with Judy on my side, leaving the city with Panam and the Aldecaldos after asking for their help.
This ending felt like it is the fullest one.

So far, the bullet to the brain is the best ending.

I end the game on my own terms and show the writers what I think of their pseudo-cliffhanger.

Really? You need to threadcrap here about the endings?
Post automatically merged:

In legend ending V at least dies in Crystal palace, sparing the nomads and Panam to powerlessly watch him fading away. Life with terminally ill is a living hell.

Speaking as someone with multiple terminally ill family members I watched fade away, people who'd prefer they just go make me sick. Every moment with them was important.

Everyone has a favorite ending in mind, but if you had to guess the "canon" ending.
Which one would you choose?

Everyone has a favorite ending in mind, but if you had to guess the "canon" ending.
Which one would you choose?

I don't know if I'm just biased, because it's also my favorite ending, but I think nomad ending has best conclusion overall.

Aldecaldos are really fleshed out and play kind of big part in the game's story, if we take into account side missions too. So leaving with them just seems so fitting.

It also nicely plays into this narrative of the game, how Night City is full of false promises and how the city just chews and spits people out. So V becoming disillusioned by the "City of Dreams" and leaving seems very fitting conclusion.

Top Bottom