Votes: 6 5.0%
  • New Dawn Fades

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • (Don´t) Fear the Reaper

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Path of Least Resistance

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
I like the idea of waking up in a different era and brand new body, but not if the world is in the state it is in now or worse. I like the go back for 6 months option.

If I'm brought back from the dead to take care of business, I want to see the results of my actions. For example: I restock fish and unpollute the water at the dam and that provides food for the masses, and in turn, people don't have to rely on manufactured food they have to buy. And in turn more AI people have the freedom to do other things and more missions and items become available to use ingame.

You can use fish, farms, ranches and clean water for many things that would expand on the game, there's plenty of space. That would be worth living for.

Iirc, Odysseus made it back home to Ithaca. He overcame all hardships although he lost a lot of good people on the way.

Agamamnon was successful in the siege of Troy.

If we want to compare it to cp2077, Agamamnon would have died at Troy's gates and Odysseus would have been swallowed by skylla.

Don't fear the Reaper, except instead of continuing onto Path of Glory, you leave with Panam. Not sure why the epilogue isn't a choice when doing the Reaper final mission, It's the most difficult one and most selfless. Fear the Reaper really sucks for Valerie if you chose Judy over River though, as Judy is the only one of the 4 who breaks up with you for good. River and Kerry stay with you in NC, Panam leaves but gives you an open invitation to come and join the Aldecaldos for a looooong ride.

In legend ending V at least dies in Crystal palace, sparing the nomads and Panam to powerlessly watch him fading away. Life with terminally ill is a living hell.

To be fair, Takemura confirms in the Devil ending that while you are terminally ill, you'd only spend one or two weeks incapacitated at the end, you'd still get 20+ weeks of freedom.

Don't fear the Reaper, except instead of continuing onto Path of Glory, you leave with Panam. Not sure why the epilogue isn't a choice when doing the Reaper final mission, It's the most difficult one and most selfless. Fear the Reaper really sucks for Valerie if you chose Judy over River though, as Judy is the only one of the 4 who breaks up with you for good. River and Kerry stay with you in NC, Panam leaves but gives you an open invitation to come and join the Aldecaldos for a looooong ride.

To be fair, Takemura confirms in the Devil ending that while you are terminally ill, you'd only spend one or two weeks incapacitated at the end, you'd still get 20+ weeks of freedom.

more love for dont fear the reaper :)
i like that idea, but it fits pretty well as it is
poor judy though, i like to think its better that way

I feel Nomad feels the most compelling story, death or not.

I feel like giving up your body to Johnny is the only other one that feels like it has emotional weight...

I disagree here. A little context:
I did do the nomad ending and was in a relationship with Panam.

There is a subtle moment after the cut scene like when the relic manlfunctions during the normal game... I took this to indicate that V died! That makes the following calls from everyone guttripping. Mitch asking where you are (he's supposed to be with clan), Panam saying she can't make it back tonight + how much she needs you, and Kerry saying you're not answering... None of them realize you're dead yet. Panam's going to return to find her love dead while she was away. Fucking awful.

While, I Know this was inevitable- it's presented in such a sad way. I feel a lot of emotional weight here. One that you experience because it gives you a bit of releif and hope until you see how spectacularly it blows up. Fuck. Still getting to me.

I disagree here. A little context:
I did do the nomad ending and was in a relationship with Panam.

There is a subtle moment after the cut scene like when the relic manlfunctions during the normal game... I took this to indicate that V died! That makes the following calls from everyone guttripping. Mitch asking where you are (he's supposed to be with clan), Panam saying she can't make it back tonight + how much she needs you, and Kerry saying you're not answering... None of them realize you're dead yet. Panam's going to return to find her love dead while she was away. Fucking awful.

While, I Know this was inevitable- it's presented in such a sad way. I feel a lot of emotional weight here. One that you experience because it gives you a bit of releif and hope until you see how spectacularly it blows up. Fuck. Still getting to me.

So at the end the only positive ending would be the one where you sign to be kept inside Mikoshi, because at least you survive in the engram form without being absorbed by Alt?

No, don't think so.

Guest 4412420

That's a bug. While I didn't do the nomad ending, I did The Sun ending twice and not once did I hear V scream or grunt in pain like they do when the relic malfunctions. V is still alive and kicking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't Fear The Reaper.
As Johnny says 'You finally figured out what it means to be legend'. V doesn't put any of her friends lives on the line. Something that Johnny did in 2013 & 2023 (and 2077 if path of glory), and V did earlier with Scorpions death. It's like both V and Johnny finally learn that no one is worth dying for their hopeless causes.

As for Mikoshi...its all gonk after that, for all endings. But always prefer the 6months over giving body away etc. V never backs down from anything ever. The clouds doll says it and its even written on one of V's tattoos (snake one with the heart). Feels out of character to do anything else.

V never backs down from anything ever. The clouds doll says it and its even written on one of V's tattoos (snake one with the heart). Feels out of character to do anything else.
Don't Fear the Reaper -> Path of Glory was also my favorite ending. It wasn't so much from the perspective of becoming a legend just to be a legend. It was more persisting in spite of NC because of everything NC had taken.

I couldn't put my finger on why, but leaving NC in the Nomad ending felt... wrong? Like giving up. I also immediately remembered the Clouds scene - "not one step backwards". I like that the options were there because everyone felt different things about this.

V really does cut through those poor Nomads though lol. A bunch of them die, and in the end they become targets of Militech and Arasaka (and probably Kang Tao).

Aldecaldos ending i think its the best, second tho this is The Devil ending when you dont sign the contract and show a jucy fuck to Arasaka (minor setback is that saburo is immortal now and mikoshi still operates + johny hates you but i still can live with this somehow)

Guest 4531988

More issues where the Story is messed up.

The Gig: back is Against the Wall. William refers to Weldon Holt as the Mayor. He isn't the Mayor if you do this before the Heist, Lucius Rhyne is. Lucius Rhyne is seen basically being blackmailed into giving up part of Watson to Arasaka, after he questions them and not willing, once you wake up after the Heist Rhyne is dead (Supposed died to cardiac implant failure in his sleep. ), and Holt is mayor.

More issues where the Story is messed up.

The Gig: back is Against the Wall. William refers to Weldon Holt as the Mayor. He isn't the Mayor if you do this before the Heist, Lucius Rhyne is. Lucius Rhyne is seen basically being blackmailed into giving up part of Watson to Arasaka, after he questions them and not willing, once you wake up after the Heist Rhyne is dead (Supposed died to cardiac implant failure in his sleep. ), and Holt is mayor.

This should be easily correctable by making the gig available only after the heist.

V really does cut through those poor Nomads though lol. A bunch of them die, and in the end they become targets of Militech and Arasaka (and probably Kang Tao).
Nah man, Millitech blame the Wraiths for the Basilisk, Kang Tao don't know who to blame and Arasaka is destroyed. Mikoshi and Soulkiller get leaked to the public, their stock tanks, Yarinobu kills Hanaka and detones the corp from the inside after assassinating the entire board. The purpose of Johnny's biochip is to take Arasaka down with the help of Netwatch, a plan made by Yarinobu himself. I think Yarinobu idolized Johnny in his own twisted way.

Arakasa is screwed in every ending except The Devil, in which case they use V like a pawn and probably prison him in Mikoshi forever, assuming Takemura can't or doesn't want to get him out somehow.

Nah man, Millitech blame the Wraiths for the Basilisk, Kang Tao don't know who to blame and Arasaka is destroyed. Mikoshi and Soulkiller get leaked to the public, their stock tanks, Yarinobu kills Hanaka and detones the corp from the inside after assassinating the entire board. The entire purpose of Johnny's biochip is to take Arasaka down with the help of Netwatch, a plan made by Yarinobu himself.
Forward to Death cuts through a Militech site to get into Arasaka and iirc Panam makes a comment in the ending about them looking for the avocados. Arasaka wasn't destroyed in any of the endings, but it suffers significantly if Mikoshi is destroyed. You might be right about Kang Tao, I can't remember lol.

SPOILERS (obviously).

Where is my mind. Great song and some nice Fight Club connotations.

The testing lab with the cube and word association tests were cool. The whole Saburo Arasaka taking control of his sons body and the aftermath of that via news articles. Turns out Saburo deserved to die after all.

It was dark, but the most interesting for me. I liked all of the endings though.

kinda disappointed there was no way to save Takemura from seppuku unless you sacrifice yourself to arasaka in the end. Takemura is one of my fav characters due to his steadfast loyalty to his beliefs. he just gives off that level of bad assery as if he can tear down adam smasher with his bare hands if he is ordered to by the original saboro. i mean he was willing to challange oda in his prime while all of his own cyberwares were turned off. the fact that he worked himself up to become the personal bodyguard for one of the most powerful man in the world from nothing, he would be one of those who simply walks into mordor and returns with the palantir under his arm :D

That's a bug. While I didn't do the nomad ending, I did The Sun ending twice and not once did I hear V scream/grunt in pain like they do when the relic malfunctions. V is still alive.

happened to me once as well
relic malfunction right before the credits and there was a subtitle "shit, not good" during the credits

can anyone reproduce this consistently?

Top Bottom