[Spoillers] Alt and all those Engrams...

+
Are we the bad guy for letting her absorb all of those engrams into itself? I'm sure some people won't care because the "secure your soul" program was for the rich, but what about all the unwilling victims over the years?

We are not asking any consent from those engrams, so it's not ethically sound on that basis alone.

It's some of the good questions game asks from us, not comfortable one. Some comfort could be perhaps found that unwilling people, Arasaka didn't ask their consent either and who knows how they were used.

Yeah that is what I'm say, now Alt is going to use them for her own purposes, just like Arasaka. We just hurt one big bad to make another one even stronger.

"That's not your problem"
V would die now or 6 months later, that's the problem V met while ending happened.
There is no room to think about other life
But didn't Alt mention a war between AIs and humans, when V first met her? Who said the AIs are going to wait 6 months? V could have just helped doom everybody they know.

But didn't Alt mention a war between AIs and humans, when V first met her? Who said the AIs are going to wait 6 months? V could have just helped doom everybody they know.
No one said
But it still "not your problem" because at the ending of game it hasn't happened.
You have reason but not room to worry about it.
There is no evidence, just possibility.
There also has possibility that Earth exploded at next second but why we need to worry about it?
We can do nothing if it happened.

Last edited:
Yeah that is what I'm say, now Alt is going to use them for her own purposes, just like Arasaka. We just hurt one big bad to make another one even stronger.

Props to CDPR for getting a slice of real life into the game with that. It's not a good vs bad choice, but a ****ty choice vs a ****tier choice. :(

Are we the bad guy for letting her absorb all of those engrams into itself? I'm sure some people won't care because the "secure your soul" program was for the rich, but what about all the unwilling victims over the years?
Engrams aren't alive, they're just neural data. All the people those engrams are based on have been dead for a long time.

Engrams aren't alive, they're just neural data. All the people those engrams are based on have been dead for a long time.
True but, so was Sliverhand. Even if you don't see them as individuals anymore, isn't it like defiling there remains?

Also Alt isn't much more then those engrams, so what right did she have to absorb them? She basically absorbed them for their knowledge so she could who knows what with it.

i think engrams are considered ai in cyberpunk
guess it depends on if you consider sentient ai people

i think engrams are considered ai in cyberpunk
guess it depends on if you consider sentient ai people
They are sentient for sure, but they aren't considered citizens with legal rights in engram form, Takemura explained that in certain ending, I don't know if Hellman does (if Takemura is dead).

Someone who is transferred back to human body has those rights again like Saburo Arasaka, so engrams are considered humans, but they have no rights, until they are back in human body, when they come full citizens again. Then what they actually are is a good question and my take based one one of the endings, is that they don't always know what comes back from relic.

Something I remembered. There's some background information posted here on forums at Countdown to the Dark Future topic. There's something game IIRC doesn't mention, most we know already and some details, but these gives some clues to what Arasaka does with people they hijack and digital humans who has escaped.

Some relevant posts:

Not even Saburo arasaka has those rights but he is rich and powerful enough to simply ignore it.

You don't need rights if you lead the most powerful corporation on the face of the earth.

Not even Saburo arasaka has those rights but he is rich and powerful enough to simply ignore it.
Nah. Game is actually very clear about this.

While there's spoiler that in title, still heavy spoilers ahead for one of the endings.

If V chooses to become an engram, it's stated that he is essentially property. However we also learn that his body died, he was stored temporarily so Arasaka scientist could create new body for him. V is in this new body when V is described that engrams aren't citizens, yet V is a citizen.

There is also something else.

I was thinking about other possibility, but then if you don't have any rights as human, you can't own anything, money, stocks, property, can't even sign anything. Scenario where Saburo would have power only through Hanako isn't plausible as he still couldn't make any sort of statements (like what we hear) or agreements behalf of corporation without procuration rights. Killing him or any human restored from engram wouldn't be a murder if restored engrams wouldn't considered to be human.

Top Bottom