Sport Driving - 400+ km/h, rubber banding, tyre grip

+
Hi all, my first post here.

From my experience driving in-game, there are a few touches that could be easy adds:
  • Raise the speed limit. It was a surprise that Caliburn, with its 1660 hp won't go over 212 km/h. Today's high-end vehicles have less power and hit over 400 km/h. It feels like a must-have kick for a 2077 top-notch car.
  • Races with Claire are a bit of a let-down. It is too easy both for the adversaries to catch up with you, as well as you to catch up with them. It would be nice to see the ability to leave them far way behind, or just so to be left far way behind.
  • At times, mild braking can lead to a brief loss of control over Caliburn; It isn't unrealistic, it just feels like too weak grip on the tires. Could we get an option to pick different tires?

Raise the speed limit. It was a surprise that Caliburn, with its 1660 hp won't go over 212 km/h. Today's high-end vehicles have less power and hit over 400 km/h. It feels like a must-have kick for a 2077 top-notch car.
Little detail if I may, it's "mph" not "kmh" ;)
212 mph = 341 kmh (not as bad).
And for actual +400kmh cars, it can be counted on the fingers of two hands :)

Mph? I was certain that I set the game to km/h. It must have been another game.

It doesn't even feel like 212 km/h tbh, to second this:

> And for actual +400kmh cars, it can be counted on the fingers of two hands :)
There's just one Caliburn in-game.

Nope it's in mph, no option for set in kph :(
In First person view, in all vehicles, it's indicate "mph" near the speed ;)

So maybe the speed sensation is not great (it's not the same problem).

Sure, you made your point that it's mph, and it wasn't really contested, can we move on to the rest of the topic?

> And for actual +400kmh cars, it can be counted on the fingers of two hands :)
Ah yes, plenty of examples from other games.

Pretty weird to have speed measured by mph when the game shows distances in km.
Personally i feel like cars are too uncontrollable at anything than traffic speed so i don't necessarily need them to go any faster, but then again if the controls were better, why not?
Your best shot is to contact support and hope they agree with you and decide to implement faster vehicles.

Never knew the Caliburn had 1,660 horsepower, if that's the case it's top speed should be much better than 210mph. Perhaps it's a gameplay decision because of the size of the map, and players can barely drive as it is, but still... I've looked up most of the 'fast' cars and none of them come close to the Caliburns 1,660hp, so they could of let that one car drive like it should.

Ha! Glad I won over one more admirer of Caliburn.

There is a trick, you tap brake + handbrake, to get the car drifting. Then you point it where it needs to go, and step on the accel again. The car picks up. I've been making sharp turns that way at high speed. The skill of driving those cars at high speed can be developed much farther, but I genuinely miss the speeds above the cap. Getting double of the current effective max speed would be fun at the level of control I've come to.

Never knew the Caliburn had 1,660 horsepower, if that's the case it's top speed should be much better than 210mph. Perhaps it's a gameplay decision because of the size of the map, and players can barely drive as it is, but still... I've looked up most of the 'fast' cars and none of them come close to the Caliburns 1,660hp, so they could of let that one car drive like it should.
Anyway, It takes around 42 seconds for a Bugatti Chiron (1500-1600 hp) to go from 0 to 400 km/h (42 seconds in straight line without any obstacle on perfect track... it is long, very long). Not sure (unless you turn in circles on the highway), that there is a road long enough to stay at full throttle for 42 seconds :)
Detail of speed limit :
The Chiron's top speed is electronically limited to 420 km/h (261 mph), or 375–380 km/h (233–236 mph) without the specific key, for safety reasons, mainly arising from the tyres as the manufacturer concluded that no tyre currently manufactured would be able to handle the stress at the top speed the Chiron is capable of achieving

Last edited:
Anyway, It takes around 42 seconds for a Bugatti Chiron to go from 0 to 400 km/h (42 seconds in straight line without any obstacle, it is long, very long). Not sure (unless you turn in circles on the highway), that there is a road long enough to stay at full throttle for 42 seconds :)
Let's expand the map then

Let's expand the map then
Speaking of expansions, I wouldn't mind riding a Caliburn inside the Crystal Palace. :sneaky:

Though, let me also third (or second) myself that I can make use of the realistic 400+ km/h in-game. Imo, it should be there in the city as it is.

I just did a quick check in-game. Didn't plan for it, just started counting seconds to pass what the game considered 1 km in a straight line, at the speed of about '207' with Caliburn. That 1 km took about 24 seconds. So, in numbers, that was about 150 km/h. And yeah, that speed actually feels like 150 km/h, give or take.

Assuming that the game shows distance correctly, the speedometer is broken. Neither in km/h nor mph.
Also, a car like Caliburn could legit use x2.5 speed boost, 150 km/h is kinda meh for a car that sports 1600+ hp.

Ha! How would that be? The 400 km/h I mean. One kilometer per nine seconds. Nine seconds!

Last edited:
Top Bottom