Spring Conference Summary

+
Spring Conference Summary

CD Projekt RED Group has just wrapped up their Spring conference for 2012, and its been chock full of news from all of the companies in the group. Witcher 2 developer CD Projekt RED have revealed that they will be giving away an iOS comic set in the Witcher universe; The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is coming to the Mac platform; CDP RED have started a Write your own review program where they are giving away 1000 copies of the anticipated The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for Xbox 360 to enthusiast reviewers, all owners of The Witcher 2 will receive a complimentary backup copy of their game on DRM-free digital distributor GOG.com, the pre-download of The Enhanced Edition patch for The Witcher 2 will start before April 17th and Polish developers showed gameplay footage from the upcoming Edition of the game.
The iOS comic that they are distributing free through the Apple store stars witcher Geralt in a perilous situation where the reknowned monster hunter may finally meet his match, fighting a cunning werecat in a battle to the death and where politics may force him to stay his hand. This comic, made specially for the iPad, is an interactive journey replete with motion graphics, sound, music, and interactive elements that make this one of the most interactive sequential stories ever brought to iOS. It will be available for iPad and iPhone on the 17th of April.
The Witcher is also arriving on Mac computers, starting from the 5th of April. Everyone who bought the game on Steam for their PC will receive a free copy of the Mac version, and all of the dedicated Mac gamers who have been waiting for their chance to play The Witcher: Enhanced Edition can now pick this award-winning hardcore RPG up for just for 9.99 USD/ 7.99 EUR/ 6.99 GBP/ 9.99 AUD. PC Witcher 2 fans could find two announcements addressed directly to them. First of all everyone who bought or will buy The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for PC will receive a free back-up digital copy of the game from GOG.com it doesnt matter where or when you got the game. For details go here.
The second news regarded the upcoming update to Enhanced Edition. PC users will be able to download the patch starting from the 11th on April. The update wont be active until April 17th, but people who already cant wait to start playing the new quests and witness the new content can start their download as soon as possible.
Good news for Xbox gamers. CD Projekt RED is known for listening to their community and is embarking on an audacious crowdsourced review campaign whereby they will give 1000 copies of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for the Xbox 360 to enthusiast reviewers. Interested fans who want to write their very own, original review are welcome to go to thewitcher.com/review. Just fill in the form and in a few days CD Projekt RED will contact you.The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for Xbox 360 and PC on the 17th of April.

Here's a more thorough summary. Hope Marcin doesnt mind...

OKeyz... as promised, now ze great summary...

1)TW2 Enhanced edition for Xbox and PC
Marcin Iwinski (not yet as famous as Steve Jobs... :p) presented and summarised the game:
1.1 million copies sold of PC VERSION.
Mature non linear story
Tactical and spectacular combat
Exploration and interaction with the world

-Then Marcin shows a sneek peek of new cool trailer (full trailer will be released tomorrow...Geralt on horseback!!! )
Check it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZtfYpuGf8&feature=youtu.be
[Edit April 6th: You can watch the whole trailer on the link below]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBL8d-55SSg&feature=player_embedded

-Patch for PC Enhanced edition will be 10GB (thanks Daywalker30, for the remainder). PC users will be able to download the patch starting from the 11th on April. The update won’t be active until April 17th, though. Of course, this patch will be entirely FREE for every registered PC copy.

-Xplanation of XBox release.
New features (4 hours new gameplay, 36 min. new cinematics, new intro and outro).
Showing presentation of Xbox version with funny commentary by Jesse Cox.
shown new side-adventure (without spoilers). (we help Brigita, a Roche agent)
Theres a a werewolf in the wereabouts, apparently, :)

-There will be 1000 "review copies" of the Xbox version delivered for FREE. You have to submit a petition for it. Then you commit yourself to post a review of the game in facebook. This is actually a cool merketing device... :)
check this link if you are interested:
http://en.thewitcher.com/review/

-Pre-orders from GAME(UK) of both Standard and Dark edition of the Witcher 2 are safe. That's official.

If anyone has still a doubt or has been living on Mars... I'll clarify it for ye: yes, the Enhanced Edition will be exactly the same and share the same content, for PC and X-BOX as well...

2) Special Surprise for Witcher 2 fans
The Witcher coming for MAC... Cool... :rolleyes:
It will be a hybrid version. If you already have the steam PC version, you can play with your Mac.

3) Other Witcher 2 Great Details... COMING SOON!!!
The Witcher digital comic book will be available for i-pod and i-phone FOR FREE.
17th April in IOS

4) Somthg unique for gamers and CDPROJEKT fans
FREE BACK UP COPY OF THE WITCHER 2 IN GOG FOR every registered user (actually it's the digital collectors editon of Witcher 2).Available on 17th April.

5) And now for smthg. completely different: Some GOG newz...
Great Trevor Longino speaks...
some games... yadayada... :p
-Assassins Creed Directors Cut available (special offer WITH Heroes of Might and Magic, available until 12th April I think)
-Botanicula, a new point and click adventure, with a very cool art-style.

-LEGENDARY GAME NEWZ....
FALLOUT WILL BE FOR FREE, FOR THE NEXT 48 HOURS...!!!!

Last but not least, the full video of the conference will be available on You-tube some time later...

That's a lot of interesting news, Marcin! You might want to put each element in a bullet point, instead of summarizing all of it in a paragraph.

Aditya

Forum veteran
and forgot to mention - the new %2 and a half teaser here very curious about it and those remaining "locked" stuff from the previous conference
also the conference video and not to forget this weeks dev diary which can be easily missed amidst all this awesomeness

Corylea said:
That's a lot of interesting news, Marcin! You might want to put each element in a bullet point, instead of summarizing all of it in a paragraph.

It's a press release that was sent out to media representatives.I split it into paragraphs for your convenience:)

I'm afraid I had been hoping for a modkit, expansion or other unannounced update for TW2 PC, but I guess that even despite my hatred for Apple I can be happy for those (how many?) Mac users that can now play this great game. Can't understand why you'd make the comic an iOS exclusive, though, if it's really not worth porting to PC that'd be a shame. Lastly, I'm not sure I understand what a 'free backup copy' of The Witcher 2 is... I mean, we can already download it from GOG as often as we want, right?

EDIT: Also, because I liked both AC1 and AC2 (later titles weren't really innovative and only took the series in a direction I don't like), I was considering buying it DRM-free and with free goodies from GOG.com - until I noticed the pricetag. $20? Steam says 10, and even though that's in euros for me, I generally only buy games during Steam sales, so that would be... €2.50? Honestly, $20 is too much.

WuttheMelon said:
Lastly, I'm not sure I understand what a 'free backup copy' of The Witcher 2 is... I mean, we can already download it from GOG as often as we want, right?

I'm pretty sure it's a backup for people who bought the game at retail, Steam, or somewhere other than GoG. I guess it has no effect if you already own it on GoG.

WuttheMelon said:
Can't understand why you'd make the comic an iOS exclusive, though,
To promote the fact that TW1 is now available for the Mac. I think they want to generate a little excitement among Apple users.

Those poor Mac users need...dare I say NEED a Witcher fix.

I might need a comic fix though.... :cool:

It's all good news and fun.

Yum Yum

This Witcher 1 for Mac is quite clever.

Xbox is biggest in US. Mac is biggest in US.

So, if any Xbox gamers want to experience the first game but don't have a PC, there is a slightly bigger chance now that they have a system at home capable of running it. And CDPR saves the effort and money to port the first game to Xbox as it covers some more (not all of it, of course) of the fanbase.

@ JackintheGreen, i hope you dont mind but i copy/pasted your post onto a forum i frequent to let the guys know about the announcements from the conference, i havent claimed it as my own and ive given you a name check.

on topic
some amazing announcements today, these guys put all other gaming companies to shame tbh. keep up the good work :D

Top Bottom