Spring Conference Summary

+
Well I asked this on the other topic but maybe posting here will help through getting an official response:

"Hi there.

What a great conference. CD Projekt and Gog are totally knowing what they are doing, and they are doing it right.

I have a copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Not digital). So do I have any chance to play it on Mac? I know that we can have back-up copies for The Witcher 2, but is it also applicable for the first game? Maybe throughout that way I can use my copy on my Mac. "

Guest 2091327

Excellent news on Fallout. I've downloaded and installed it.

great stuff, as always.

I mean this whole bussines is truly win-win situation. Mr Sapkowski has written legendary fantasy, cd project has made two epic games, each one different, each one uniqe and yet both are masterpieces. tv series has its place too. and then, there is customer support, no thats really not it, more like making community happy, with more free gaming content, collectors items included in dark edition, trailers, free music etc. cd project has profit, mr sapkowski has profit, we get to read and play amazingly deep story and I mean deep! geralt always makes me think about spiritual way of life and yet its more than that + sex,gore,monsters!

sorry for OT I had to express my delight over this :)

Aver

Forum veteran
I love that there is difference between EURO price and dollar price for TW1 on STEAM.

Thanks for the summary folks, had to work over because of all this bloody snow and missed it. That teaser trailer looks sodding interesting, i'd watch a whole film made in the witcher engine. Anyway cheers CDPR.

Congrats on your presentation and I am floored by all of your offerings and bundles. Your mission is to be FOR the gamer, and you have not faltered. And thanks for partnering with GOG.COM!

dragonbird said:
Echoing this question. It would be good to get confirmation.

They said that you just need to go to gog.com/witcherbackup on April 17th (or later)and you just write the key code...
If you got no key... I dont know what you could do...

JackintheGreen said:
They said that you just need to go to gog.com/witcherbackup on April 17th (or later)and you just write the key code...
If you got no key... I dont know what you could do...

The question is about the preload on April 11th. As the gog arrangement doesn't start until 17th, this doesn't answer it.

And, pre-empting the inevitable "Why can't you frigging Steam users be patient?" post by someone, no, waiting an extra six days isn't going to kill us, but the announcement said that a pre-load will be available, TW2 patching from Steam hasn't traditionally been handled well, we got the 2.0 download later than everyone else, and we're already wondering WTF the unexpected and undocumented variable-size patch this week was.

So the question stands.

Great conference!

Witcher 1 EE Mac support, free comics for iOS, GoG site updates with indie titels and new stuff (AC1 and HoM&M-V).

Free Fallout ain't bad either. (Wish it was TW1EE) :)

Witcher 2 backup copy and EE content to make TW2 even bigger, better and X360er.

Uk fans can get their copy, which is great, was a problem of sorts appearently and to give out, selectivly for those who apply for it, 1000 free copies, only one each, for review purposes for the X360 is a very nice move.

Highlight of the conference was of course Jesse Cox commentary, give the sound guy a raise.. haha, that made me laugh.

Awesome stuff indeed CDProject RED! You are awesome for caring about your fans! Unlike many other companies, yeah you know who you are *pointing fingers*, so many thanks and continue to do alright and we will support yah!

dragonbird said:
The question is about the preload on April 11th. As the gog arrangement doesn't start until 17th, this doesn't answer it.

And, pre-empting the inevitable "Why can't you frigging Steam users be patient?" post by someone, no, waiting an extra six days isn't going to kill us, but the announcement said that a pre-load will be available, TW2 patching from Steam hasn't traditionally been handled well, we got the 2.0 download later than everyone else, and we're already wondering WTF the unexpected and undocumented variable-size patch this week was.

So the question stands.

If the question was about the PC pre-load patch..., :p my understanding is that it will be available through this site, up to 95% of the patch... The rest will be available from April 17th onwards... Nothing was said specifically about Steam regarding this.

JackintheGreen said:
If the question was about the PC pre-load patch..., :p my understanding is that it will be available through this site, up to 95% of the patch... The rest will be available from April 17th onwards... Nothing was said about Steam regarding this.

Was it explicitly said that it would be only available on this site, or are you guessing?
I don't want to go into rant mode unnecessarily.

dragonbird said:
Was it explicitly said that it would be only available on this site, or are you guessing?
I don't want to go into rant mode unnecessarily.

Ehh... Marcin Iwinsky didn't say "exclusively", but my understanding is that yes, only from here, as he only mentioned the downloader from thewitcher.com...

JackintheGreen said:
Ehh... Marcin Iwinsky didn't say "exclusively", but my understanding is that yes, only from here, as he only mentioned the downloader from thewitcher.com...

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now, so I've put the question to Support.
Rant deferred...

And what about gog? will it be available via gog too on the 11th? gog downloader is anytime indefinitely better than browser! I hope it is available via gog too just want someone to confirmand not to forget the new 6 min trailer today :D

Too bad other 'money-greed' publishers (Activison, EA, Blizzard, Bioware..) don't follow these guys!
True respect CDPR!

Btw, that BackUp Copy that I will get on GOG, can it be send as a gift to someone on GOG who doesn't have a W2?

Top Bottom