Spring Conference Summary

+
W1 Mac version, ok, but where's my W1 Linux version at ? :( Steam is underway BTW: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA3OTY :D

Dunno if this counts, but no matter what whiners go whining, I'm fully satisfied of CDP last promotions and politics. Couldn't expect anything more.

I do not regret any single cent spent on GoG now.

@Licaon
Same here

Aver

Forum veteran
Cyrex13 said:
Btw, that BackUp Copy that I will get on GOG, can it be send as a gift to someone on GOG who doesn't have a W2?

NO! It won't be possible technically and it's illegal too. This is only for you and it will be immoral if you give it to someone else.

Seeing all the things that got out from the conference... I'm a little bit worried for this things:

-Pre-download of Enhanced Edition for Steam. Even if it has been told that the pre-download will be through this website, it is well known that Steam have had many problems applying patches :S . Hope everything goes well this time!

-The free back-up of The Witcher 2 in GOG... I get the feeling that it only will work with physical editions and their super cool CD-Keys. BUT, I heard that EA with his beloved Origin could transfer EA games of Steam to Origin if you used the same email address for both accounts, but I don't know if this is true...

Anyway, 10 Gb of Enhanced Edition, that is almost another The Witcher 2 game XD . The rest of things, pretty cool. I was waiting for an announcement of an expansion along this year but still

Cyrex13 said:
Too bad other 'money-greed' publishers (Activison, EA, Blizzard, Bioware..) don't follow these guys!
True respect CDPR!

Btw, that BackUp Copy that I will get on GOG, can it be send as a gift to someone on GOG who doesn't have a W2?

What do you think?

I have both boxed copy of the game and GOG version, maybe I just give the extra GOG version to someone...

Big big big thanks for bringing the Witcher to the Mac! Already owned it from GOG.com, and maybe they'll have the Mac version eventually, but just bought it a 2nd time just so I could play it on my preferred OS right away. Again thanks!

(Hope you thinking about doing the same with Witcher 2)

Cyrex13 said:
Not sure if it's possible, I'd send this question directly to CDP official support or GoG's support (better the latter I think).

Anyway, I bet GoG and CDP have foreseen the risk of piracy in a thing like this. But they're still doing it and still receiving negative feeds. Hmm....

Tnx for replying guys..
Hmm.. but why do I need another copy of the game on GOG? I alreday bought it digital there, so I can downloaded many times as I need.. So i tought that we can give this copy to someone.. But it's OK.. Anyway, thumbs up CDPR for all things that they are doing for this community and all for free! In this time, it's unbelievable, rebuilidng the game for the beginning, and give it free with EE too, so they have mine true respect for this! I'm loving all about this game, that I even start to looking for a books from Andrzej Sapkowski.. I find some book on Amazon, but just two of them are translate to English.. Any ideas for looking in other place?

Greetings..

Cyrex13 said:
Tnx for replying guys..
Hmm.. but why do I need another copy of the game on GOG? I alreday bought it digital there, so I can downloaded many times as I need.. So i tought that we can give this copy to someone.. But it's OK.. Anyway, thumbs up CDPR for all things that they are doing for this community and all for free! In this time, it's unbelievable, rebuilidng the game for the beginning, and give it free with EE too, so they have mine true respect for this! I'm loving all about this game, that I even start to looking for a books from Andrzej Sapkowski.. I find some book on Amazon, but just two of them are translate to English.. Any ideas for looking in other place?

Greetings..
A more positive answer for you this time :)
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20967-our-community-fan-translations/
They're extremely well done.

@the preload for Steam users,

I don't know how it will work, but Steam normally does not allow patching or too much messing with game files from other sources. DLC and patching are almost always handled by the Steam service itself, meaning that you won't be able to preload from GOG.com (considering you would need to own a copy of TW2 on GOG.com to preload), and whether you'll be able to preload from Steam or not is completely up to Valve.

So if you want to know whether you can preload or not, this is not the right place to ask about it as Steam will decide that and not CDProjekt Red.

necroticart said:
So when are we going to get a Witcher 1 EE remake on the RED engine.
Nope, unfortunatly. This is been asked and answered many times ;)
TW1 EE will stay on Aurora Engine, and imo, it's better leave this classic as it is.

necroticart said:
Tnx for replying guys..
Hmm.. but why do I need another copy of the game on GOG? I alreday bought it digital there, so I can downloaded many times as I need..
My thoughts precisely at first. But when I look at all those people coming here and asking for help becoz their retail copy is screwed, or malfunctional, well I thought it's a very good move from CDP and very generous! I wonder how many companies would do the same and risking for piracy.

M4xw0lf said:
I got my copy of Fallout and this shiny avatar right away ^^
I'm just downloading it before it is too late, 48 hours are almost over.

I've never played a game of that genre. Anyone here who played it?
[ ] Yeah, great game
or
[ ] yaawn, deadly boring game

Forum veteran
PetraSilie said:
[ ] Yeah, great game
or
Who've played Fallout 1? Yep.

For someone who's never played a game like that it's deadly boring for the first hour or two while you acclimate to it, but from then on out the whole thing is absolutely magical. They were right when they called it legendary.

PetraSilie said:
I'm just downloading it before it is too late, 48 hours are almost over.

[ ] Yeah, great game
or
Too bad for me! :p
I bought Fallout during GoG Christmas giveaway, and they're giving it for free LOL

As for a feedback: sorry can't say so far, coz I haven't played yet since Christmas (too many games to play in the meanwhile - yes, shame on me).
Anyway, afaik, it's an rpg very similar to BG series. Have you ever played them?

Top Bottom