Spy card play no longer funtional

+
Spy card play no longer funtional

I liked Northern Realms, I liked spy card play. With the new card values the way I like to play will be useless. Dijkstra from 4 to 8 - Thaler from 1 to 8 Avallach no longer a 0 spy but a 12 point card ? What would be the point. Yes there are a LOT of new moves in the cards. For someone old like me that doesn't play weather cards because I don't remember what row they affect and wipe out my own cards LOTS of change is overwhelming. However most of the people playing the game will be younger and have been playing video games for quite a while. So for them these changes will probably be embraced. I do have to admit that I didn't play other decks because I could annihilate with Northern Realms. Guess I'll have to dust off my feathers and get my act together to play the new game.

Spies needed such increase in STR and decrease in card draw from 2 to 1 in order to balance them. Otherwise they could for example create situation that using a few of them in 1 round would make you have 2x more cards in your hand than opponent in 2 round.

And they still fulfil their role - you gain card advantage, maybe minimal, but this minimal can (and only can) make you win match.

The problem was with decoys not spies because they were stalling the game too much without giving the opponent any benefits like spies did .. And because spies can be reused via medics and decoys they became problematic too

Still doesn't explain the whole let's start all over again with the cards and their abilities

The problem was with decoys not spies because they were stalling the game too much without giving the opponent any benefits like spies did .. And because spies can be reused via medics and decoys they became problematic too

Still doesn't explain the whole let's start all over again with the cards and their abilities

They could made spies golden cards. I agree the change in strenght was needed it was good move from the devs.
About decoys they could make limit for example 1 decoy per deck.

Imo they are changing too much things in the game right now.

They could made spies golden cards. I agree the change in strenght was needed it was good move from the devs.
About decoys they could make limit for example 1 decoy per deck.

Imo they are changing too much things in the game right now.

there is a limit for decoys now. decoys are silver cards in the current game so you can only have 1 in your deck

From where do you know this thing ?, source please

Rafal jaki said so on twitter

---------- Updated at 01:01 PM ----------

one person also posted this on 1 of kbt's videos. He also mentioned that commanders horn is now also silver. But i don't think he is with cd project. So take it as you will.

Rafal jaki said so on twitter

---------- Updated at 01:01 PM ----------

one person also posted this on 1 of kbt's videos. He also mentioned that commanders horn is now also silver. But i don't think he is with cd project. So take it as you will.

So, if my calculations are right, ATM, theoretically with 3 Clear weathers, 3 Shorches, 3 Epidemics, 1 Decoy and 1 Horn, you would need min. "only" 14 units to create a deck ?

EDIT: Oh, and looks like limit of 10 Special cards per deck was also removed, it's getting more and more interesting... (not sure if in good or bad side)

Last edited:
So, if my calculations are right, ATM, theoretically with 3 Clear weathers, 3 Shorches, 3 Epidemics, 1 Decoy and 1 Horn, you would need min. "only" 14 units to create a deck ?

EDIT: Oh, and looks like limit of 10 Special cards per deck was also removed...

yes but we dont no if clear weather is bronze. it could also be silver. the special cards fall under bronze,silver and gold now

Last edited:
Well considering "special cards" are now (most of the time) silver cards it means that you will still be limited to 6 - 8 "formerly special cards".

Maybe dev can change spies ability into redraw 1 card from 2 choices. And then the player need to play another card, so that it does not give player card advantage but only function as redraw. And spies will be disloyal and have moderate strength, so that it also give opponent some advantage when player can redraw a card.

Sorry to disappoint all you Spies fans, but it seems like atm Spies are 100% out of the game, no Spy game anymore, since it would break the game in multiplayer. They said it worked in TW3 because you were playing against the computer (a.i.), but when playing against other people Spies ruin the game.

Sorry to disappoint all you Spies fans, but it seems like atm Spies are 100% out of the game, no Spy game anymore, since it would break the game in multiplayer. They said it worked in TW3 because you were playing against the computer (a.i.), but when playing against other people Spies ruin the game.

Then why cards on the "waiting for opponent" screens in game still has information that they are Loyal ? And I'm pretty sure that Rethas mentioned that Thaler still is a spy.

Then why cards on the "waiting for opponent" screens in game still has information that they are Loyal ? And I'm pretty sure that Rethas mentioned that Thaler still is a spy.

Well if he did then okay..... did not read that.
As for the loyal, they change the game each day, which is why they did not change that yet, would be too much needless work before decisions are finalized.

Wo wo wo - we do still have spies in the game - we just limited the number of them in the game so not all factions and not all decks would HAVE to have them in order to play competitively.

Last edited:
Wo wo wo - we do still have spies in the game - we just limited them number of them in the game so not all factions and not all decks would HAVE to have them in order to play competitively.

That's a good news. You don't have to throw them out just make small modification. (Imo new mechanic was good enough)

Wo wo wo - we do still have spies in the game - we just limited the number of them in the game so not all factions and not all decks would HAVE to have them in order to play competitively.

Oh, thanks for saying that. Because I heard from a lot of people that Spies are out.
Then again, other people said they were still in.
-.-

People spreading misinformation - and now I'm one of them. Dammit. Sorry guys, jumped the gun there apparently.

Top Bottom