jobs Support Register

Spy deck not nerfed?

+

Eliadann

Junior Member
#1
Spy deck not nerfed?

I just finished live stream and found a destroying of restore + dorregaray (it was easier to put a doomed tag on dorregaray, but anyway) but I am shocked to see NO nerf to ridiculous spy nilfgaard deck? Half the meta is playing it.

I am disappointed.
 

General17491

Junior Member
#3
They said that they don't go through all card changes iirc. We will see the complete changes in the Patch Notes.
 

OG.laloquaint

Junior Member
#4
I don't expect spies to take a big hit honestly, they would have mentioned it otherwise. I recommend using Scorch and more removal cards if you're having trouble against them.
 

TatesTots

Junior Member
#6
The 'Venendal Elite' iirc, could end up to be a big annoying pain in the arse. The new card from Nilfgaard that sets a revealed cards value to 1 and boosts itself by said value. I guess the comp of that Nilfgaard deck won't be as annoying as the typical spy deck, thou.
 

AleXiC94

User
#8
Why is everyone hating on spy nilfgaard? its not like Impera enforcers werent a thing before, no one had problems then, they are just more consistent now because of the new meta, spellatael deals very well with spy NG, i've lost countless games against it
 

gards

Junior Member
#9
busterginger;n9821981 said:
Anybody have an issue with being pitted against players who are significantly stronger, every time?
Sadly GWENT is now "if you can't beat them. join them", which I will not. At the bottom of the ladder (rank 6) I'm coming up against ridiculous cards at such a low level. So it's either p2w decks or decks that have milled everything else, new players and away we go!
The only good thing about being down here is you play against more factions and not JUST the same faction all the time. New players will choose the faction they like and mill everything else and go on youtube to see what they should do. So, the learning curve now is non existent thanks to youube netdeckers. At ranks 4/5/6/7/8 etc etc
 

nemirni

Junior Member
#10
gards;n9824851 said:
Sadly GWENT is now "if you can't beat them. join them", which I will not. At the bottom of the ladder (rank 6) I'm coming up against ridiculous cards at such a low level. So it's either p2w decks or decks that have milled everything else, new players and away we go!
The only good thing about being down here is you play against more factions and not JUST the same faction all the time. New players will choose the faction they like and mill everything else and go on youtube to see what they should do. So, the learning curve now is non existent thanks to youube netdeckers. At ranks 4/5/6/7/8 etc etc
And yet there are quite a few of us who play their own decks and play it for free too. I admit my starting season had a slow start, but now in the 3rd season i have all the cards i want, quite a decent amount of backup scrap and on top if i haven't opened a single keg since the start of the season. With no money paid and by playing around 5-6 games per day average.
Btw, what exactly are ridiculous cards in your opinion?

p.s. even with a netdeck you still need to learn how to play it. It might be easier when you see how others do it, but for most decks you will soon realize there is more then just one straightforward way to play them...
 

gards

Junior Member
#11
Like others have said. I think it's very poor judgement indeed for CDPR to allow a faction to reveal all your cards.
 

ResoundingBuahaha

Junior Member
#14
gards;n9824851 said:
it's either p2w decks or decks that have milled everything else,
In that sense I actually have to defend gwent, there is no other card game so friendly to new player in my opinion. The struggle begin with skellige hitting the meta and basically at every rank you face endless meta deck you can't beat. Against other decks I'm kinda confidence to say there are decent counter within 240 scrap budget, which is fairly really easy to get.
 

gards

Junior Member
#15
ResoundingBuahaha;n9829631 said:
In that sense I actually have to defend gwent, there is no other card game so friendly to new player in my opinion. The struggle begin with skellige hitting the meta and basically at every rank you face endless meta deck you can't beat. Against other decks I'm kinda confidence to say there are decent counter within 240 scrap budget, which is fairly really easy to get.
That's what I mean. It's too easy for new players to kick my ass with with the meta decks. No learning curve. They get the game, learn the basics and watch youtube and mill the cards from the other factions they don't want and then rise through the ranks in an unbelievably fast time, learning a little as they go along. How very rewarding for a new player. Yes, that's a really great way to learn the game. I am SICK! of losing to these noobs with Merchant and SWIM et all decks. I can't beat them and I will NOT join them.
I live in china so have to play Chinese people. They never play fair only want to win at all costs. Even if that means calling all their friends or "rent a mob" in a fight situation because...god forbid they lose the fight one on one and ......lose face (wink wink) .Did I just digress there? I think I did!

So anyway back to GWENT. It's brilliant for new players a tell thee.

PS

Your English is very good but I noticed a few errors with singular/plural grammar mistakes. Easily fixed. Not criticising, helping.
 

Muffliato

Moderator
#16
Intervening before this turns into a personal argument. Let's not venture too far from the actual topic, please.
 

ser2440

Junior Member
#17
The spy deck is admittedly one of the strongest. But I don't think it needs a nerf. To be perfectly honest nothing needs a nerf aside from Merigold's Hailstorm and Artifact Compression really (Assassination used to be like this, with the added effect of damaging a random unit on your side too. Additionally, unlike Artifact Compression, it did not make the unit useless and unable to be revived. And it was a gold card. And it got nerfed in the end.) And Coral by extension :)

There are ways to handle the Spy deck, you just need a lot of disruption. Scorch against the Impera Brigade, Alzur's Thunder and damagers against the enforcers. If deprived of these two bronze groups, the spy deck is very hard to win with.
 

Noela

User
#19
ser2440;n9830921 said:
The spy deck is admittedly one of the strongest. But I don't think it needs a nerf. To be perfectly honest nothing needs a nerf aside from Merigold's Hailstorm and Artifact Compression really (Assassination used to be like this, with the added effect of damaging a random unit on your side too. Additionally, unlike Artifact Compression, it did not make the unit useless and unable to be revived. And it was a gold card. And it got nerfed in the end.) And Coral by extension :)

There are ways to handle the Spy deck, you just need a lot of disruption. Scorch against the Impera Brigade, Alzur's Thunder and damagers against the enforcers. If deprived of these two bronze groups, the spy deck is very hard to win with.
So, let's not nerf spy decks (I'm not saying it should be nerfed, even if it is horribly boring to play against), but let's nerf two cards that are very useful against it...
 

ResoundingBuahaha

Junior Member
#20
gards;n9830541 said:
That's what I mean. It's too easy for new players to kick my ass with with the meta decks. No learning curve. They get the game, learn the basics and watch youtube and mill the cards from the other factions they don't want and then rise through the ranks in an unbelievably fast time, learning a little as they go along. How very rewarding for a new player. Yes, that's a really great way to learn the game. I am SICK! of losing to these noobs with Merchant and SWIM et all decks. I can't beat them and I will NOT join them.
I live in china so have to play Chinese people. They never play fair only want to win at all costs. Even if that means calling all their friends or "rent a mob" in a fight situation because...god forbid they lose the fight one on one and ......lose face (wink wink) .Did I just digress there? I think I did!

So anyway back to GWENT. It's brilliant for new players a tell thee.

PS

Your English is very good but I noticed a few errors with singular/plural grammar mistakes. Easily fixed. Not criticising, helping.
I've been kinda involved in both chinese & english gwent community for a long time. As far as I can see the commnities have more similarity than difference, both tend to have players aiming for higher reward so just use meta deck once it's available to them. In some cases like nekker, dwarf, mulligan , armor or even Dagon patch I don't really mind those because there's always a few very effective tool for us to play around them and that's exactly how we should play the game, adapt and counter. In terms of overall balance I think Gwent is doing just fine, those meta can be strong but nevertheless totally counter-able. It's fine to not join them but it's essential to understand how they work and adapt deck accordingly.

In this post we are considering spy deck, at least I got following tech: Thunder & Dethmonld, Margarita, Eskel, Phllipa .etc for Enforcer, scorch for the brigades, Natalis-horn as finisher in my machine deck, Radovid, Dethmold and Margarita for enforcers and igni for brigades in my reaver hunter blue meme DJ deck. There are many tool available and all remain useful so I'm not gonna complain about spygard since there's'a fair chance we can play around it.

What makes it awful is not existing a effective tool to counter, and such thing happens in skellige meta so yeah I share your pain. Skellige counter is still remain unavailable to 2 factions, namely NR and ST, and winrate suggests such problem does exist (there's kinda no hope in NR against skellige now except the 40 card deck which literally win by good luck). Even with some gyhate (Monster) it doesn't mean it works against skellige (griffin is simply irrelevant to the game now).

And yeah...I always kinda need some grammar help, I'm making those grammar error unintentionally, must being some fundamental misunderstanding back when I ever started learning English...maybe I'll just attach a plug-in on my browser to detect grammar error :D