Spy deck not nerfed?

+
Why is spies particularly a problem? I don't find it overwhelming nor particularly difficult to face these days. It's quite interactive and very beatable. Plus, NG has other viable archetypes.

Getting really tired of Enforcers then Rainfarn into Joachim into +10 Ceallach into Ambassador that buffs a unit by +10 then a Menno on your highest Infiltrator tagged unit. NG Spies is the worst archtype ever made for the game and it needs to go asap.

Getting really tired of Enforcers then Rainfarn into Joachim into +10 Ceallach into Ambassador that buffs a unit by +10 then a Menno on your highest Infiltrator tagged unit. NG Spies is the worst archtype ever made for the game and it needs to go asap.

Interesting. Any reason why? It's not the strongest in the game, not even the second strongest in my opinion

ser2440;n10223042 said:
Interesting. Any reason why? It's not the strongest in the game, not even the second strongest in my opinion

It is the strongest deck in the game. And will continue to be once the point splurge decks get nerfed which are going to get nerfed this patch. It is not an opinion it is a fact that NG spies is the strongest deck, if you watch any commentary on NG spies they will always say it is too strong and consistant in the higher ranks, and many were shocked that Enforcers received a huge buff.

It is the strongest deck in the game. And will continue to be once the point splurge decks get nerfed which are going to get nerfed this patch. It is not an opinion it is a fact that NG spies is the strongest deck, if you watch any commentary on NG spies they will always say it is too strong and consistant in the higher ranks, and many were shocked that Enforcers received a huge buff.

It isn't a fact. What defines a strong deck is what you need to think about. When every Bronze is about 12 - 14 points Imperas need at least 4 spies on the board and all of that just to get the value any other bronze has. Sure I am not saying it's bad. In fact it's still really good. But it got nerfed indirectly after the midwinter update, by not having its units strengthened at all (imperas, vicovaros, and nauzicaa all have the same values while the infiltrator received just 1 point. The same goes for most silvers and golds except Vilgefortz. Cahir now can't be used on the same round you've used the leader either, which is more important than one may think, even if he got his actual point value increased). Dwarves place 14 points on the board with every agitator into Skirmisher, Reveal can get that amount of points every turn as well and more.

It is true that it was one of the best decks before the update. And every commentator agreed on that. Now it's just really good. And yes, the enforcer change sounds insane at first. I too was like "WOT?" when I first saw it. But it really isn't if you consider how powerful everything else is now. And that is proven by playing with it. Personally I am not a big fan of statistics about a deck's winrate, they don't show how powerful a deck is, but I've beaten spies with almost any consistent deck I've made, especially frost, moonlight, other spies and machines, while playing with my own spy deck showed me how it is but a shadow of what it once was.

Again, it's still pretty good. But if it gets any more nerfed in the current state of the update, where everything is worth 12 - 14 points easily, it will just be grounded into dust, just like the people who worry that dwarves will be over-nerfed.

ser2440;n10223042 said:

The reason I find spies really annoying, even if they are not the strongest deck, is that it leaves hardly any interaction choices.
For most decks there isn't any possibility to remove the spies on the own side. One of the few units which were really good at this was Field Medic and that got reworked. So, the spies keep just stacking up, without any mean to remove them until the Imperas are played. Before the patch the Enforcers could be removed, but now they just can be played at the end of the turn and deal an insane amount of damage. Furthermore, there is no option to remove the spying tag on own units, so with Infiltrator+Naucica and Menno, your own units can be removed without any way to counter this.

So what makes the deck annoying to play against in my opinion is that it is a deck without any interaction possibility for the opponent, while at the same time being good at removal and huge bodies.

The reason I find spies really annoying, even if they are not the strongest deck, is that it leaves hardly any interaction choices.
For most decks there isn't any possibility to remove the spies on the own side. One of the few units which were really good at this was Field Medic and that got reworked. So, the spies keep just stacking up, without any mean to remove them until the Imperas are played. Before the patch the Enforcers could be removed, but now they just can be played at the end of the turn and deal an insane amount of damage. Furthermore, there is no option to remove the spying tag on own units, so with Infiltrator+Naucica and Menno, your own units can be removed without any way to counter this.

So what makes the deck annoying to play against in my opinion is that it is a deck without any interaction possibility for the opponent, while at the same time being good at removal and huge bodies.

I am with you on that, I don't like the Field Medic rework either. But that's not exactly nerfing the deck, that's just changing certain things to other decks to make it more interactive to play against :)

ser2440;n10216062 said:
Hmmm highly subjective. Henselt Machines is one of the most powerful decks out there. Armor is not bad either.

Lol.. you can't be serious! That deck is midling in the current "meta".

Look man.. I like most of your comments, but this one is just farcical. I play NR exclusively and am positive that Henselt machines is not powerful compared to the popular meta decks (e.g. Dwarves and Bears). Furthermore, you say Armor is "not bad either". Tell me, outside of a few simple combos (e.g. Redanian Elite + Kedwenian Cavalry, or using Vincent), what good is Armor when the Dwarves are spamming 12-21 pts each move?

Last edited:
Lol.. you can't be serious! That deck is midling in the current "meta".

Well it's not Dwarves. Maybe not even Nekkers or Bears or even axemen. But it was possibly better than spies before the update (never lost in a match Machine vs Spies while I had the former. Not even in Ranked. Can't say the same when it was the other way around). So imagine now...

Top Bottom