SSR On base consoles

+
Will devs get rid of this grainy textures ? Looks awful on base consoles.. (Xbox one )
01-04-2021_17-39-46-5xpq00d2.png

Guest 4400165

Will devs get rid of this grainy textures ? Looks awful on base consoles.. (Xbox one )
View attachment 11212732
Obvious question: tried turning off Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration?

But, honestly, man, the game is too complicated for past-gen consoles, let alone their base versions. I already dislike the changes they've made to the game for it to be bearable on base consoles (decrease spawn distance of items and objects by a lot, so much, that even your own weapons sometimes materialize in your hands). I understand it's frustrating and unacceptable, but it's been like that every generation change.

Obvious question: tried turning off Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration?

But, honestly, man, the game is too complicated for past-gen consoles, let alone their base versions. I already dislike the changes they've made to the game for it to be bearable on base consoles (decrease spawn distance of items and objects by a lot, so much, that even your own weapons sometimes materialize in your hands). I understand it's frustrating and unacceptable, but it's been like that every generation change.
Neither have an effect. The narrative about base consoles holding this game back doesn't hold water. The game was simply not finished or optimized. The game is running just fine on my old Xbox One since 1.2, it just has the same bugs and flaws as on other platforms. The old hardware is very capable when used properly, RDR2 shows what they are capable of. Blaming the old hardware is just a very poor excuse.

Neither have an effect. The narrative about base consoles holding this game back doesn't hold water. The game was simply not finished or optimized. The game is running just fine on my old Xbox One since 1.2, it just has the same bugs and flaws as on other platforms. The old hardware is very capable when used properly, RDR2 shows what they are capable of. Blaming the old hardware is just a very poor excuse.
I wouldn't say, it's not the fault of the old-gen consoles, but it's just that Cyberpunk was intended (and created) for PCs (and for relatively powerful PCs). On really good one with Ray Tracing et all option in "Ultra" or "Psycho", it's just too beautiful (I'm not deluding myself, we'll ever achieve the same result on my XBSX, even with all the goodwill in the world).
I can imagine the Devs who to see their game (their work) slaughtered on these consoles, it must be just the worst :(

RDR2 is a bad example because there are not all the neon lights, the animated ads everywhere, the lighting effects, the reflections (metal / windows) and especially the same map. (RDR 2 is really beautiful there is nothing to complain about, but apart from the grass, trees and animals there are very few places where there is really life). And when it was released, it was the old-gen consoles that were at the top (for consoles).

The "only" problem here is that CP was released far too early on old-gen consoles ;)

Last edited:
I can imagine the Devs who to see their game (their work) slaughtered on these consoles, it must be just the worst
That is a bit of a stretch. It looks good on Xbox One. It just doesn't look anywhere near as good as it does on a higher spec. PC. That doesn't make it crap. It's a very modern phenomenon whereby the scale extends from something being "the greatest, best, most wonderful thing ever" or "it's a dumpster fire, crap, etc."
RDR2 is a perfectly fine and reasonable example of what the "old" consoles are capable of, it's just that it has proved an inconvenient example for those using the narrative that the poor release state of the game and features that were expected and are absent/stripped down are the fault of console hardware.

Yes, i have forgot a little word in my last post : "not". Edited :D
For CP, it's just because it was not planned for "old-gen" consoles (maybe not for any consoles at all) from the start and to adapt it "correctly" it would have had to be pushed back again :(
And i think at this time, CDPR try to make the game really playable rather than really beautiful.

Last edited:

Guest 4400165

RDR2 is a perfectly fine and reasonable example of what the "old" consoles are capable of, it's just that it has proved an inconvenient example for those using the narrative that the poor release state of the game and features that were expected and are absent/stripped down are the fault of console hardware.
Ugh, no, RDR2, as picturesque as it may be, doesn't have a gigantic, densely packed city in it, but many, small scattered across one big map, cities. Except for Saint-Denis, though even that can't be compared to a small district of Night City.
Had they followed the same model as they did in The Witcher games (and any other open-world game you can think of, incl. RDR2): small city -> vast section of flora, occasional camp or something between -> another small city, it would've solved a dozen bunch of problems for the devs and threads like these wouldn't exist.

Let console players disable screen space reflection, this option kills performance even on the PC, and it will end up with "grainy effects" that the game has on the roads. Let's get this to a developer, I'm sure it would save the performance of the consoles

Let console players disable screen space reflection, this option kills performance even on the PC, and it will end up with "grainy effects" that the game has on the roads. Let's get this to a developer, I'm sure it would save the performance of the consoles
You can report it as a bug on the cp2077 site they ask for videos of problems on the form. , I've started recording videos on my ps4 but I haven't worked out how to submit them, guess I'll have to make a YouTube account or something

Top Bottom