Stage 5 of the D'jinni Adventure Editor Contest has begun!

+
Evolution101 said:
Wonderful, with only a few days worth of polish to do my computer self destructs and takes my module with it... Oh well, good luck to the rest :beer:
Really, really bad news - you have my sympathy.One of the benefits of not doing this on your own is that your team mates have copies - and of course the server has copies.Hey ho, two more days, eighteen open bugs.

Wonderful, with only a few days worth of polish to do my computer self destructs and takes my module with it... Oh well, good luck to the rest
Huh, this are really bad news and I hope there is a way to recover some data from your HD, Evolution.Damned, such things really sucks...Yes, Simon, right, thank the gods we both have a server or website-server to place some copies there. ;)Hey, 18 bugs? Do you want my mod, my bugs are nearly destroyed, I think there are at last only two or three yet. ;D :whistle:

braggart! ;D you rock Raven! you've done this mod all alone -- i could never have done what you have :witchmas:

You people ALL rock!Merry Christmas and good luck to everyone. I look forward to playing your mods!
~ Roxy

Brysiu said:
[size=12pt]ON REQUEST FROM MOST OF THE TEAMS DEADLINE MOVED TO 4th of January.[/size]« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:24:27 am by Eriash »
Argh!! I just saw this post today, and no one else from my team knows about the changed deadline, either. I really, REALLY wish you had decided to actually publicize this information, like by making a new thread for it or putting it on the front page. How many people go back and read old posts? I only did it tonight to find out what the submission address was.Now I get to go tell my husband that I paid almost no attention to him on Christmas day for no reason at all. :mad:

That's not entirely true, Corylea.You and your husband both sacrificed a small bit of comfort and relaxation for the betterment of thousands of people you don't personally know. Perhaps, it's a small acknowledgment, but, it IS the true Christmas spirit. Thank you, both. :beer: :beer:

Thanks all for the sympathies, it's all still a bit of a mess and unfortunatly I can't recover the module. Definitely will be making backups next time!! ::)On the positive side, all the free time I have now means I was able to speak to my family during christmas unlike Corylea ;)Looking forward to seeing what the rest of you came up with though!

well I'm sorely disappointed about this turn of events :( but i'm glad to hear that it helped with your xmas holiday! :witchmas:you sort of do have one back-up though, don't you? the last phase submission that you would have sent to CDP, right ? i'm almost sure they have not thrown that file away ... could that help at all ?

Stage 5 of the contest is now completed!On behalf of CD Projekt RED, I'd like to congratulate all the contestants who put a lot of heart into their projects, often reducing sleep. Big thanks! We admire you and appreciate your perseverance. All of you who did not get the confirmation of CDPR having received your call, are kindly asked to contact us at adventures@thewitcher.com. Currently, all adventures are being scrupulously graded by CD Projekt RED designers, what may take a couple of weeks. Please, be patient. If possible, we would like to publish every adventure we got. All authors may now work over the final shape of their project and get rid of possible bugs. Before announcing the results, we will contact the makers directly and agree upon the details. Should you have any questions, write at adventures@thewitcher.com.

Finally the contest is over! We're all eager to see the fruits of all the modders labor.Thank you folks for using your time to create mods :beer:

If possible, we would like to publish every adventure we got. All authors may now work over the final shape of their project and get rid of possible bugs. Before announcing the results, we will contact the makers directly and agree upon the details.
Bugs? What bugs? There are no bugs, there are only a few features. ;DBut fine, that gives me enough time to make a new and better intro, in the last hours before deadline I couldn't make 800 pictures for a new one... well, let's go to work then... :whistle:

Ok, now it's two month ago and it seems, that nobody is interested in this contest any longer.I feel like a fool at the moment, and this is my last question on this topic: [size=20pt]WHEN will we get the contest results?[/size]If there is no answer until monday evening, I release my mod.

After the better part of a year working on this for CDP, i find your sudden disinterest in the contest rather disappointing.All of us who competed put in so much work, and to have you completely drop the project at the very end is not very nice.

nimue

Forum veteran
The complete lack of a response from official quarters speaks volumes, doesn't it? I agree with Raven: I feel like an idiot for even convincing her to re-enter the contest, much less for putting so much effort into the project, sacrificing my weekends and even my Christmas holidays. Lesson learned: never participate in any contest again, at least not in one which isn't finished within three days at most. Considering how this contest was handled (or rather not handled), it is not surprising that there are hardly any international modding teams left. I still think The Witcher is a great game, but I certainly will not mod for it again.

Nimue said:
The complete lack of a response from official quarters speaks volumes, doesn't it? I agree with Raven: I feel like an idiot for even convincing her to re-enter the contest, much less for putting so much effort into the project, sacrificing my weekends and even my Christmas holidays. Lesson learned: never participate in any contest again, at least not in one which isn't finished within three days at most. Considering how this contest was handled (or rather not handled), it is not surprising that there are hardly any international modding teams left. I still think The Witcher is a great game, but I certainly will not mod for it again.
OK, let's be clear about this. CDPR clearly wanted to publish the winning entries on a new 'extras' disk, which would have been nice. However, at least Raven's and our entries contain material that would be rated as 'Adult' in the important US market, so CDPR feel they can't publish them. I'm assuming that either Raven's or ours was the winning entry, or else someone else had an entry we don't know about which CDPR also couldn't publish for some reason.However, be that as it may, we have all put in a huge amount of effort. And it's effort which will benefit CDPR - which will sell more copies of their game. And, we've worked to CDPR's deadlines, and worked (hard) on stories using a selection of characters and an area model which we might not otherwise have chosen, because of CDPR's bloody competition.It really would be courteous, to put it no higher, for CDPR to announce which they consider to be the winning entry, and to give us feedback on the work we've produced.

Hey, CDPR folks? This kind of thing -- the failure to announce any results from the contest -- is the reason why you got so many negative comments when you announced The Rise of the White Wolf. PC Gamers were afraid you'd start ignoring us and pay attention only to console players. You don't want to prove the naysayers right, do you?

HexenmeisterRaven said:
(...) it seems, that nobody is interested in this contest any longer.
Let me assure you that this is not true. CDPR is interested in the contest, but at the very moment the release of The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf is on top of the to-do list. The leads, who are responsible testing the mods you sent, are doing it at the fastest speed possible. Please remember, however, that CDPR is not that big studio and human resources are never sufficient - especially in the times of increased work. The only thing that remains is to ask you for a bit more patience.
HexenmeisterRaven said:
If there is no answer until monday evening, I release my mod.
Oh please do :) It's understandable that you want to show the world what you've been working on so hard.
HexenmeisterRaven said:
PC Gamers were afraid you'd start ignoring us and pay attention only to console players.
Please remember that we are still working on two other projects. We started with PC gamers, and we will never switch into consoles only.

Aaargh, Daerdin, you really make me sick... now I have lost my bet with Nimue, that nobody will answer here. And I have lost the second bet, that you are not as good as Eriash in giving such pretty PR-standard-answers. Damn you! You got a fine new job the last days, so make sure, you can hold it... maybe you should have asked Eriash first, what to answer here. I tell you why:It is against the rules to release the mods before CDPR has announced a winner. I would automatically lose, if I release the mod before.So if we have to wait until they are finished with White Wolf, it'll last until 2010 until I can release my mod. Meanwhile they have enough time to indulge in self-adulation in the news thread and praise their 1,2 Million sales. Fine business on the PC-Modders, really. Get their money, make them work hard on the mods and let them hang here waiting while they (CDPR) have only eyes for their (PC)-sales and the console version. That's how money is made, but not how fans are made. The lesser fans, the lesser money at the end, but I think, it's senseless to say that, because some people never understand the coherence of fans and money.Now the community will have no mods, no fine extra disk, and no more international modders, what a nice business-strategy. :DBetter keep on with your self-adulation in the "Veni, vidi ... perdidi" - thread.

Top Bottom