Star Citizen

+
I did not know that. What I know that they are changeing the API to DX 12. I don't know that is good for us, or not though.

That's probably what Cry Engine developers are doing, and they'll do the same thing with Vulkan backend. Not sure how it can impact Star Citizen release dates, since it's a major overhaul of the engine and programming approach used with it.

---------- Updated at 02:44 PM ----------

Found this video:

http://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/2114-chris-roberts-star-citizen-on-dx12-vulkan-and-tech

IIRC, Squadron 42 part 1 is launching in early 2016. I'm not sure, but I think they're aiming to release the whole thing by the end of 2016. There are 30 missions total and they're releasing them in segments of 10.

The Persistent Universe/MMO Sandbox is coming later. My estimate is by Dec 2018, but even that may be way off. They're about 15 months behind schedule right now. But at least they finally have their development studios fully staffed.

Last edited:
^^ Think about it this way. All we've seen of the PU thus far is one planet (Crusader) and one landing zone (Nyx). There's around 50 solar systems in the PU. So they have a long way to go.

Last edited:
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
@<a href="http://forums.cdprojektred.com/member.php?u=3659380" target="_blank">Phinnway</a>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> Actually, they are planning 100 solar systems as far as I know. I heard that every one of that will be handcrafted, but other sources says the opposite, so I don't know for sure.

Edit:

Quote from the website:
In addition, for the next week in celebration of the Game Awards 2015 and debut of the Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 trailer, we’ll be giving everyone with a registered account free access to three of our ships to play in Arena Commander.
So...try it!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/
If you need a referral, use this:
STAR-59TH-FN23
I would like to note that, the 2.0 is not on the live servers yet, they had a bug some bug which is slowed thing down a bit, and they cannot change the text at the end of the trailer, but the devs said on the forums, that as soon as the problem is solved, the 2.0 will be live.

Last edited:
Actually, they are planning 100 solar systems as far as I know. I heard that every one of that will be handcrafted, but other sources says the opposite, so I don't know for sure.
You're probably right. I forgot there are undiscovered systems. About randomization, I think undiscovered planets are procedurally generated.

I'll buy the game soon, and use your code when I do. :)

Last edited:
You won't be disappointed, one of the best starter ship, it is very versatile and I imagine that they will adding more module type for this ship in the future,

Found a chart that monitors development progress on every ship in the game. The author keeps it up to date too. There's currently 67 unique ships planned for release (not including variants). Some of these are NPC ships, but you can still use one if you capture it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Qfmhy2HyUJU/edit?pli=1#gid=2144418183&vpid=A5

---------- Updated at 01:26 PM ----------

Finally made an account. I wanted a classically cheesy sci-fi name. So I went with "Finn Starider."

Last edited:
I just have to ask because i know fuckall about SC and it's quite a lot to take in.

Could some one just give me a quick explanation of how the game works, especially the price and what you get for it and so on?

Last edited:
I just have to ask because i know fuckall about SC and it's quite a lot to take in.

Could some one just give me a quick explanation of how the game works, especially the price and what you get for it and so on?

So, you can enter the game as cheap as 45 dollars, you will get an Aurora MR starter ship, you will have accses to the fortcoming alpha and later beta versions, the Squadron 42 single player campign and the the Persistent Universe when it will be final. Of course you can pay a bit more for better ships, and you will get digital soundtrack and stuff like that. You might be know, that they offerint 100-200-300$ ships, but do you have to buy? Nope, those just there because of support, some of the cooler ships are not even pledgeable just during sales, because they don't want to have a lot of them when the game will launch. Same reason applies to the expensive ships which you could pick up now. If the Constellation Andromeda would cost 30$ pretty much everyone would go for that. Every ship what you see on the page you will be able to pick up ingame for ingame money, some of them will be harder to find, some of them will be more common. I would like to say that those players who have bigger and more expensive ships won't have any kind of advantage, because the bigger ships has higher operation cost and not to mention the higher insurance costs. The multi crew ships also need some npc crew members if you don't have friends.

Right now there is only the Arena Commander module, which have a few kind of game mode. Some of them focusing on PVP like standard team deathmatch, free battleroyale, and capture the core (capture the flag), there is racing, and a coop horde mode. The Free Flight is a bit different, because you don't have any kind of goal, you can try out your ship, learn it, and also land on a landing pad, get out, and chat to other players, even try out their ship. You can do some pvp in this mode as well.
These game modes will be remains in the future, these are pretty much simulators in the simulator. But we will get the new patch soon, like really, which will contains the first system of the PU, you can call it a BabyPU. There are some quest, and you can explore this system, and you will be able to try out the FPS and zero g combat at one of the stations as well. Of course they will releaseing the FPS module soon after this.

Edit: You can actually try it for free until Dec. 14th. I posted my referal code in this page.

So, you can enter the game as cheap as 45 dollars, you will get an Aurora MR starter ship, you will have accses to the fortcoming alpha and later beta versions, the Squadron 42 single player campign and the the Persistent Universe when it will be final. Of course you can pay a bit more for better ships, and you will get digital soundtrack and stuff like that. You might be know, that they offerint 100-200-300$ ships, but do you have to buy? Nope, those just there because of support, some of the cooler ships are not even pledgeable just during sales, because they don't want to have a lot of them when the game will launch. Same reason applies to the expensive ships which you could pick up now. If the Constellation Andromeda would cost 30$ pretty much everyone would go for that. Every ship what you see on the page you will be able to pick up ingame for ingame money, some of them will be harder to find, some of them will be more common. I would like to say that those players who have bigger and more expensive ships won't have any kind of advantage, because the bigger ships has higher operation cost and not to mention the higher insurance costs. The multi crew ships also need some npc crew members if you don't have friends.

Right now there is only the Arena Commander module, which have a few kind of game mode. Some of them focusing on PVP like standard team deathmatch, free battleroyale, and capture the core (capture the flag), there is racing, and a coop horde mode. The Free Flight is a bit different, because you don't have any kind of goal, you can try out your ship, learn it, and also land on a landing pad, get out, and chat to other players, even try out their ship. You can do some pvp in this mode as well.
These game modes will be remains in the future, these are pretty much simulators in the simulator. But we will get the new patch soon, like really, which will contains the first system of the PU, you can call it a BabyPU. There are some quest, and you can explore this system, and you will be able to try out the FPS and zero g combat at one of the stations as well. Of course they will releaseing the FPS module soon after this.

Edit: You can actually try it for free until Dec. 14th. I posted my referal code in this page.

Fuckme, that sounds great!.
Thank you for the explanation and it cleared a lot of things up for me, will definitely be trying it out ^^

I know wanderer already answered this, but I'm going to give a shot at it too because: reasons.

Star Citizen is a space flight simulator. What that means is the core of the game is simulating the act of flying a space ship as realistically as possible. Games with a similar focus are Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Tie Fighter vs. X-Wing, or, to use a modern example, Elite: Dangerous. But Star Citizen is more than just a flight simulator. It also features a single-player campaign and a massively multiplayer online sandbox game. Both are fully fleshed out games games in their own right.

For the single-player, think of a FPS campaigns like CoD or Metal Of Honor, except you're dogfighting in space. On top of this, it also features side characters and choices & consequences like an RPG (yes.... this is confirmed). So basically, it's X-Wing vs Tie Fighter + Mass Effect.
For the sandbox, think of games with a dynamic economy and multiple factions like Mount & Blade or Sid Meier's Pirates. Except this one is in Space. And it's also an MMO. So it's kinda EVE Online if it had first person combat. All & all, it's like Sid Meier's Pirates + outer space + good combat + Everquest.

You might think all that is impossible, but Chris Robert's already accomplished it in his 1990's game seres, Wing Commander. The only thing missing he is adding in Star Citizen is first-person ground combat, bigger branching story-lines, and the massively multiplayer online component. So yeah, it's nothing he hasn't done before.

Overall, it's a really ambitious game. From what I've played so far it could be successful just with a single-player campaign alone. Nevermind branching storylines, high profile actors, and an MMO Sandbox to boot.

Autumnal Wanderer already went over the pricing, so I'm not going to repeat what he said. But I did make a post about it a few pages back if you want to read that.

Like Wanderer mentioned, it's F2P until Dec 14th. So I reccomend downloading it and trying it out. Don't forget to use one of our referral codes so we get free stuff!!!!

edit: reminds me. I might have to buy Wing Commander 4 just so i know what to expect from SC.

Last edited:
Right now I am planning still to upgrade my Avenger Stalker because I don't need that ship. It is funny, because for my main role in PU what I planned I only need the Vanguard Warden. The only reason why I want to upgrade it, that I have the Titan, which I want to use as my main ship. For now I cannot use that, because it is only availbe in 2.0. My first idea was the Gladius, but I tried it and don't really like it. The Avenger is a feels like a bit more nimble, at least I think it is. I don't even need an dogfighter only ship. I am thinking about the Cutlass or the M50 racer, just because of fun. I might be waiting for the holiday sale, they might be came up a new concept ship which I might like. The Redeemer and the Constellation Andromeda are looks good, I would be happy if I could onw one of those, but sadly these ships are not for my vallet.
Anyway, Chris Robert said in one video that they will have some sort of surprises and new things to show us in the next livestream, which will happens Dec 16th.

That poor Connie.

An update, I decided to melt my Avenger Titan, instead of upgradeing the Stalker for something else. This is the best solution whit I came up, and it was the simpliest. So I have got 50$ to spend on the Voyager Direct store. That came in handy.

Edit:
The 2.0 is online, avaible for everyone to download the patch. I won't be able to play it, until monday. Poor me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom