Star Trek:Enterprise

+
Star Trek:Enterprise

So i found this https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekEnterpriseSeason5NetflixCampaign?hc_location=stream
Basically the guys who did Star Trek:Enterprise wanna continue the series through netflix and they require the help from star trek fans or just kind people who wanna help them by liking their campaign page on Facebook.

So i was wandering if there are any people who like the series or just people who wanna help?

Don't care about Enterprise, neither do my Trekkie friends. I feel like Netflix should spend its time and money restoring series that are especially sought-after (Firefly would be the Holy Grail, obviously). But if it succeeds, more power to it. I'm pretty meh on Star Trek right now given the lameness of the new movie, when it had such potential to be great.

And as a trekkie I say the only thing make Enterprise worthy to be watched, was the sexiest vulcanian ever (after Nimoy) T'Poll.

Honestely, I'm grateful STE has been closed

I personally liked the Enterprise the series the most. That's just personal taste though.

Did they fuck quite badly? Without a doubt but it was pretty good for the most part.

Never watched Enterprise myself so I won't be supporting them. I've heard mostly bad things about the show. I've only watched a couple of episodes of the Original Series and The Next Generation and those were fuckin' awesome! Considering the awful things I hear about Enterprise, I'm going to avoid that like the plague.

I think I watched one episode of that once. That's the one with the guy from Quantum Leap as the captain, right?

I was a fan of the original Star Trek. I never cared for any of the spinoffs. They became too "civilized" compared to the original, which is one of the reasons I love the new movies, as they really capture the essence of the original Star Trek and very much nailed every single character (whoever put together the cast needs an Oscar).

Enterprise was pretty much rubbish. The quality of the writing was not exactly "game of thrones-level" if you know what I mean... Most of it was just silly nonsense and unable to deliver on stuff they actually did manage to build up on in some story-arcs and character development (for example the Trip-T'pol relationship).

Star Trek is a bit too upbeat for me, prefer it depressing and dirty. Then again I think a more feminist take on a new series could work: Let's take two strong female characters like say, oh off the top of my head Seven of Nine and T'Pol. Let's do away with those sexist male designed starfleet uniforms, and instead have some kind of futuristic baby oil like layer of gel to keep them warm. Lets do away with the phasers and stuff, which are just horrible phallic symbols and have the girls fight aliens with a martail art. Not Kung Fu because that's been overdone, let's make it wrestling or judo, something where they have to get in close and personal, grunting and gasping, as their long bronzed limbs slide and lock around their opponents torsos. They should also practise this form of fighting on each other every week, to keep in top shape.

I don't want any money from this idea, just a guest spot as a made up baddy alien every week.

Make it so.

Bloth said:
Star Trek is a bit too upbeat for me, prefer it depressing and dirty. Then again I think a more feminist take on a new series could work: Let's take two strong female characters like say, oh off the top of my head Seven of Nine and T'Pol. Let's do away with those sexist male designed starfleet uniforms, and instead have some kind of futuristic baby oil like layer of gel to keep them warm. Lets do away with the phasers and stuff, which are just horrible phallic symbols and have the girls fight aliens with a martail art. Not Kung Fu because that's been overdone, let's make it wrestling or judo, something where they have to get in close and personal, grunting and gasping, as their long bronzed limbs slide and lock around their opponents torsos. They should also practise this form of fighting on each other every week, to keep in top shape.

I don't want any money from this idea, just a guest spot as a made up baddy alien every week.

Make it so.

Picard is way ahead of you.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_cwI1Xj4M[/media]

SystemShock7 said:
I think I watched one episode of that once. That's the one with the guy from Quantum Leap as the captain, right?
Yep, Scott Bakula

I was a fan of the original Star Trek. I never cared for any of the spinoffs. They became too "civilized" compared to the original, which is one of the reasons I love the new movies,

They're not spin offs, they're sequels. Star Trek is a "universe", more or less like DnD. And if you like "uncivilized" contest, you may want to watch Star Trek: Voyager.
Even though Enterprise was supposed to be even more primitive than TOS.

as they really capture the essence of the original Star Trek and very much nailed every single character (whoever put together the cast needs an Oscar).
No way! There is only ONE REAL MR. SPOK and it is

Zachary Quinto is a poser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hqzKdHolf4

SystemShock7 said:

But there are the Klingonz!!!

@slimgrin
+1 awesomeness

secondchildren said:
They're not spin offs, they're sequels. Star Trek is a "universe", more or less like DnD.
Whatever term you want to use to describe them, it's fine with me :)

And if you like "uncivilized" contest, you may want to watch Star Trek: Voyager.
Even though Enterprise was supposed to be even more primitive than TOS.
I don't think I was very clear; "too civilized" in that all of the Star Trek:Somethings missed the bravado of the original Star Trek. James Tiberius Kirk is a maverick, he's is John Wayne in space. All of the other captains in any of the other series are too mild-mannered.. too much politeness... too many characters with British accents :)

No way! There is only ONE REAL MR. SPOK and it is
The new movies happen before Nimoy is Spock. The new movies happened before the Enterprise departs for its 5 year mission. They are all supposed to be younger versions of the characters. With that in mind, not only did the casting director nailed the actors, but the actors nailed their parts, especially Karl Urban who could not have been any better as Bones.

I really enjoyed both movies. They really brought me back to the original Star Trek. The only part that had me scratching my head a bit MAJOR SPOILER DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE
was the appearance of Khan before the 5 year mission as a Nazi wet dream, rather that a suave Latin Lover
, but still, I loved the movie.

Wierd!

I think they nailed with the casting.

But the script sucks!

Why every ST movie after first contact should be about crushing ships?

Top Bottom