Star Wars: Battlefront

+
The moment I read that there would be no Clone Wars era I knew that I wouldn't buy this. But that's just the top of the iceberg. So glad I have Battlefront 2 which has some amazing mods out there to still enjoy it these days.

smh. not impressed with the gameplay footage. feels more like batteFIELD than BattleFRONT.
the game has shiny graphics, but that's it. nothing special about the rest.

It really looked like BattleFIELD to me.

Because Battlefield and Battlefront had a good amount of similarities.

3rd person mode, harpoons and heroes. Yep that's a battlefront game alright.

The moment I read that there would be no Clone Wars era I knew that I wouldn't buy this.

That's because no one in Disney wants to remind people of that fecal mater that the prequels were when they're working hard on the new star wars movie.

so i found some leaked footage of the close pre-alpha of the game, leaked on youtube:

and here's my opinion: i'm not impressed.
the map feels kinda smaller than the Star wars:BF II hoth map.
to make matters worse, the gameplay looks like something you'd see in battlefield or COD, but in third person. in short, as some have indicated: it is battlefiled with star wars skin.

---------- Updated at 02:46 PM ----------

Because Battlefield and Battlefront had a good amount of similarities.

3rd person mode, harpoons and heroes. Yep that's a battlefront game alright.
no they're not the same. Battlefront II has many classes, multiple vehicules that are fully functional (not on freaking auto-rail),a more interactive environment, and space battles.
Battlefield may share some of the similarities, yes, but not everything.
in the end: this new Battlefront by EA/DICE is more like a battlefield with star wars skin, and stream-lined as hell.

@web-head91 The moment to moment gameplay between the two series is the same. The fact that BattleFRONT added in space combat, galactic conquest, and a campaign doesn't change that. And for what it's worth, BattleFIELD has multiple classes and fully functional vehicles too. In that regard, BattleFRONT 3 is an exception to the rule for a DICE game.

There will be multiple vehicles, don't judge the vehicle selection based on Battlefront's 3 version of Rush because even in Battlefield 3 and 4 vehicles were very limited in that mode.

Class selection wise, sure there are no classes but you do have different abilities to pick from, which is better then forcing people in classes.

Last edited:
i know it's been a while guys. by now many have tried the beta, and many like myself, have come to the conclusion that the game is casual as hell, have a strange arcady feeling (health regen, unlimited ammo), horrible solo misions, aerial fights that are meh, and an amount of content that simply doesn't justify 60$ no matter how you look at it.
now that we've gotten that out of the way, let us get to the good stuff:
thank me later :p

Last edited:
I know some of you were expecting more but I just want a cool star wars game with fantastic graphics, guns, sounds and scenery. This game provides that but I probably will not get it for 60$.

Here's something we've all been waiting for.
lol i was going to post it, but i forgot :p
here's two other reviews of EA battlefront:
[video=youtube;-iOsK5wgQGk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iOsK5wgQGk[/video]

i was wrong about the game being like battlefield, but i was right about it being shallow and having bare bones content :p
so now, i'm going to have the last laugh, literally: ehehehehehehe...hahahahahahaha....HAHAHAHAAHAHA (that was a joke btw)

It feels like DICE was so pressured by people thinking this was going to be Battlefield Star Wars that they tried to distance themselves from battlefield as much as possible.

At this point this game would actually be better if it was just Battlefield Star Wars.

People seem to be forgetting Battlefront only had a two year development cycle. IMO, that's the real issue with it. Even CoD has a three year cycle. That's why there's horrible balance, a lack of gamemodes, etc. They rushed it out in time for the new movie.

AJ's review was hilarious tho. :)

I might still get it when it's for under 30$ just because of how it looks and sounds but overall I am really disappointed with it. It's 100% clear that the people at DICE are extremely talented but something went horribly wrong on the gameplay side. And to think they are already making a SEQUEL. EA really has no shame. So much talent and potential wasted. I'm really bitter about this. It's so pretty on the outside but so ugly on the inside.

Wish they provided mod tools. It would be an instant buy for me if they did. Because of how it looks and sounds I am 100% sure a lot of amazing content would come out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom