Star Wars

+
It's here:

Oh great, more Stormtroopers. I hope their a lot more competent in this one, then they were in the last films (seriously though, they couldn't even hit the broad side of a barn if they tried and they got taken down by cute little critters with outdated weapons, that's shameful on so many levels)..

Here is an interesting thought... what if Gwendoline Christie is the Sith we see in the teaser... you know... the acress who played warrior Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones.

I don't think there's that much danger of a sith or jedi to hurt himself while wielding the lightsaber... there seems to be a part of it that is solid metal "handle", the "stumps" from where those two short beams are projected. And it may even be useful: those two beams can not only stop or jam the lightsaber of the oponent, but also be used for punching-like moves. I really don't see where the problem lies: it's not particularly impractical compared to other lightsabers nor is it any louder.

I'm not really that much of a fan of SW, but I hope this movie will be enjoyable, and it looks like it's gonna be.

I don't think there's that much danger of a sith or jedi to hurt himself while wielding the lightsaber... there seems to be a part of it that is solid metal "handle", the "stumps" from where those two short beams are projected. And it may even be useful: those two beams can not only stop or jam the lightsaber of the oponent, but also be used for punching-like moves. I really don't see where the problem lies: it's not particularly impractical compared to other lightsabers nor is it any louder.

I'm not really that much of a fan of SW, but I hope this movie will be enjoyable, and it looks like it's gonna be.

Not sure if you missunderstood me or something, but I do not have a problem with the look and probably usablility if the weapon, and don't feel that a trained force user would injure them selves on the weapon. in fact I REALLY like the look of the weapon, and think there is a huge amount of usability in it.

Any part of my post that is pointing towards the bad things about the weapon, is the things I have heared other people say. not things I my self feel or think about the weapon. And any part where I my self does put some critique against the weapon is something I then also later point out why it is not a problem in the hands of the right person, etc. That's just how my brain work, I don't just look at the good side and leave it at that, I also look at the bad parts and then try and figure out why it might or might not be a problem, and how to solve it.

Did we not all love the scene of the X-Wings on the water? Beautiful.

Rollo-Droid was kinda dumb, though.

Yep and yep. lol

I was glad to hear Abrams was on board with this project. But to be honest, I shuddered when he said they were bringing back the cheese. My only problem with the prequels, aside from some of the abhorrent writing, is that they tried to do two things at once: create a darker Star Wars while taking the cheesiness up a notch. I would love a dark Star Wars (unlikely now with Disney), but every time you insert some cheese it takes the viewer out of it and seems incredulous. E2 was especially bad for that.

It seems like Abrams is going back to the feeling of the originals which, although not necessarily a bad thing, is not exactly what I was hoping for either.

let me tell you one thing: im really disapointed that there is no Natalie Portman in this movie... ://///// so so disapointing jj abrams...

let me tell you one thing: im really disapointed that there is no Natalie Portman in this movie... ://///// so so disapointing jj abrams...

Agree!!! :)

It's me or Daisy Ridley suspiciously looks very much like Natalie?

With so little in the teaser it's too soon to give it a yay or nay. Lets hope in April we have a full trailer.

May the Force be with you.

Attachments

• drr.jpg
    drr.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Forum veteran
Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous to go from this...

... to this?

That acting looked pretty hammy, too. Episode 2-tier, almost. People seem to be wetting themselves in the Youtube comments, but this recent trailer actually makes me worried about which trilogy it'll most resemble.

Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous to go from this...

... to this?

That acting looked pretty hammy, too. Episode 2-tier, almost. People seem to be wetting themselves in the Youtube comments, but this recent trailer actually makes me worried about which trilogy it'll most resemble.

The power of nostalgia. Count on Abrams to keep it intact.

227, you are a party pooper. Again. We already have one agent for that.

SILENCE.

Maybe the plasskin wore off over time, thus the revealed hand.

There was hardly any acting at all.

I did think the first teaser was more exciting, but the second had Han and Chiewie, so it wins.

Forum veteran
Count on Abrams to keep it intact.
If nostalgia was all it takes, then the prequel trilogy wouldn't be so maligned. JJ Lens Flare is an overrated hack, and I can't bring myself to believe that he possesses the requisite talent to understand what made the first few movies so good. Certain moments in the trailer ooze the same "large scale laser ship battle fight action laser kapow boom boom" pitfall that Lucas fell into once technology allowed him to get distracted by that stuff.

227, you are a party pooper. Again. We already have one agent for that.
I WAS A DEBBIE DOWNER BEFORE IT WAS COOL

Maybe the plasskin wore off over time, thus the revealed hand.
Snake Plasskin.

Ahem. Or maybe JJ is just distracted by shiny things. Again, lens flares. And I believe you're referring to synthskin, which is supposed to be "very similar to human flesh."

"Snake Plasskin" Genius.

Let go of your prejudices, young Jedi. Both trailers look very much original-series cool to me. I, too, think his lens flare is nuts, but see little sign of it in these trailers. Maybe, just maybe, he's improved.

I give him full props for his charity video with the X-Wing. And, hell, for having full-zie mockups of so much of the stuff.

Being a downer is easy - that's why hipsters do it. Join the Light Side!

I don't hold Abrams in the highest of regards(Mission Impossible 3 /w Tom Cruise sucked pretty hard. )

To be fair to Abrams, I liked his re-imagining of star trek. OK, over the top, over acted at times. over emotional. The audience didn't need to see Captain Kirk or Spock cry.

But what kick ass action scenes. I thought it had a nice focus also on the general synergy of the crew. Most Hollywood movies focus on 1 or 2 individuals so it was a very nice change of pace.

He can't possibly mess up more then Lucas did with the prequels.

He can't possibly mess up more then Lucas did with the prequels.

That our lives have come to this as a metric for success...oh, well. You're right, of course. Sadly, sadly right.

I'm hoping for a movie with my beloved characters tht's worth a 7/10. To see Leia, Luke, Chewie, Han and the Droids, yeah, absolutely excited. The rest, well hell. Apparently the cast is liking making the movie. That's a good sign.

Top Bottom