Starfield Has Fully Realized Lifepaths Unlike Cyberpunk 2077! New Gameplay Details!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

A video to explain that Starfield will have lifepath other then brief 20 minutes story.

I am just PRAYING very very hard (please please please please) that they finally fixed* the scripting system so mod makers (like me that do their magic via vigorous scripting) can do mods again for their games.

* I talked to the DEV that created the "new" scripting language a few years ago (this was for Skyrim) and he had said the focus was to get it working and NOT necessary to "optimize" the system.

So by now I hope they gave him/them time to "optimize" it so it no longer takes SECONDS before larger scripts executes. If they fix this for Starfield and thus for ELS6 I will be very very happy mod maker.

Last edited:
I don't even know what fully realized lifepath means in Bethesda-speak. Whatever it is, I have no confidence in them being able to pull off anything remotely compelling. Well, other than marketing hype. They're still pretty good at that.

Definitely Bethesda takes prize for originality, I mean... space! Such an original, unexplored subject in videogames.

People just don't learn their lesson, do they? Game ain't even out yet, and this is not official info. It's from a post on a Starfield subreddit.
yep.. influencers starting the media hype just as they did for cp2077, people expectations go through the roof and then they will moan when they fail to meet them. It's a win win click-bait-a-thon for OWG. The real pay off is in the whining, look at angry joe.

Lifepaths in Cyberpunk 2077 are pretty much exactly what they are supposed to represent lore-wise:

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Lifepath

It was just the case of people making their own interpretation of what the words "life" + "path" are supposed to mean (even ignoring the statements by the developers).
The only "regret" I feel with the lifepaths is that we dont spend a little more time in it before we arrive at the common point.
And that there is only one unique mission attached later in the story.

And I think that for some that is the main issue, which got then blow up to proportions.
We wanted more of it, which on itself is very understandable.
Where it goes off the rails completely is the moment where people saying "company xyz screwed up game-mechanic abc"

Bethesda made a game that is still being played 11 years later

CDPR made a game that even after 400+ days some people still can't play

Bethesda made a game that is still being played 11 years later

CDPR made a game that even after 400+ days some people still can't play
Bethesda made a game that require, even after 10 years, an unofficial patch to fix the whole tons of bugs who remain in the game :cool:
I keep my expectations at a very low level, about "stories/writting" in Bethesda games (like always), but I'm sure it will probably be a good/great game anyway (maybe not for the story...) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom