Start the Celebrations with GWENT’s Lunar New Year Festival!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Let the festivities begin! The Lunar New Year Festival brings the opportunity for players to claim gifts, and purchase festival-themed items on PC and iOS!

The festival, which begins today and will last till February 7th, gives players the chance to earn Red Envelopes as part of their daily crown progression (4 rewards per day). Each Red Envelope contains a selection of in-game gifts, including a cardback, borders, portraits, a player title, and resources — Ore and Scraps.
Additionally, Shupe’s shop will be updated with lunar new year-themed items. These include:

Lunar Game Board
A new battleground for a New Lunar Year! Make it a celebration you — and your opponents — will never forget.

Lunar New Year Bundle
Want your year in GWENT to be successful? These ornaments are said to bring extra luck to the owner! The Bundle Contains:
- Lunar Premium Cardback
- Lucky Avatar
- Golden Coin Border
- The Lucky One Title

Prosperity Pack
Expand, strengthen, and upgrade your collection with 25 ULTIMATE PREMIUM KEGS containing gorgeously animated cards, a powerful legendary card, and a shipment of Meteorite Powder.

Players can purchase these items until February 7th, noon CET.

Lunar New Year Sale
During the Lunar New Year Festival, there will also be a daily 30% off sale on faction kegs! Come back each day to see which ones have been discounted.

Can someone, please, explain why you can get 4 gifts per day? Daily crown progression is 6, 12 and 24 rounds, i.e. 3 rewards. What am I missing?

I hope I'm reading things right and the red envelope has an assortment of prizes that you may choose one of. If so, then will they be randomised for each envelope, or will each envelop be sequential regarding cosmetic prizes?

I just hope the drop rate for vanities is more reasonable than last time. The design of this event is much better than "The snowman madnes", so hopefully you learned from your mistakes.

I assume it might be possible to get an envelope per match or even round. It is shown in the video. Either way: Thanks CDPR!

I think you got red envelope same time you could get reward points, at least that's how it worked for me.
But uh.
How do you open this red envelope? Where do I got it? Was it auto-open when i clicked "next" or something like this?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Here we go again... seems like CDPR "liked" this model of easy events, and will probably keep up all year.

And i guess i'll have to be the a-hole that points out that even though the new vanities are cool, they dont exactly fit the witcher theme and aesthetics, there's no chinese or asian equivalent in the witcher world.

Here we go again... seems like CDPR "liked" this model of easy events, and will probably keep up all year.
[...]
I would not mind that.

[...]
And i guess i'll have to be the a-hole that points out that even though the new vanities are cool, they dont exactly fit the witcher theme and aesthetics, there's no chinese or asian equivalent in the witcher world.
It is a fair point, although Santa Crach is also not exactly lore friendly.
And lumping characters into the same faction based of mere nationalities at birth or race is not exactly lore friendly either (e.g. Isbel and Geralt being usable with Ardal is pretty ridiculous).

1579896363592.png
Card backs look cool in 2020. I will not waste my time on that. It would be better to give players guaranteed rewards, not random ones. I'm sick of randomness, it's disgusting. What is the point of participating in these events if you can still not get anything in the end?

Hey,

I got a red envelope, can someone please tell me where do i find it in game, to see whats inside?

thanks

Let the festivities begin! The Lunar New Year Festival brings the opportunity for players to claim gifts, and purchase festival-themed items on PC and iOS!

The festival, which begins today and will last till February 7th, gives players the chance to earn Red Envelopes as part of their daily crown progression (4 rewards per day). Each Red Envelope contains a selection of in-game gifts, including a cardback, borders, portraits, a player title, and resources — Ore and Scraps.
Additionally, Shupe’s shop will be updated with lunar new year-themed items. These include:

Lunar Game Board
A new battleground for a New Lunar Year! Make it a celebration you — and your opponents — will never forget.

Lunar New Year Bundle
Want your year in GWENT to be successful? These ornaments are said to bring extra luck to the owner! The Bundle Contains:
- Lunar Premium Cardback
- Lucky Avatar
- Golden Coin Border
- The Lucky One Title

Prosperity Pack
Expand, strengthen, and upgrade your collection with 25 ULTIMATE PREMIUM KEGS containing gorgeously animated cards, a powerful legendary card, and a shipment of Meteorite Powder.

Players can purchase these items until February 7th, noon CET.

Lunar New Year Sale
During the Lunar New Year Festival, there will also be a daily 30% off sale on faction kegs! Come back each day to see which ones have been discounted.

Not seeing 30% off any of the faction kegs. When is this supposed to start?

Top Bottom