Start working on Game Balance, because that's the biggest thing ruining this game when everything else works.

+

Guest 4478408

There is definitely a sense in this game that the enemies got shot in the leg at the start of the arms race.
often it feels like that. on the other hand, i had a cyberpsycho in exosuit eat 32 .50 cal to the head and thats equally immersion breaking.

often it feels like that. on the other hand, i had a cyberpsycho in exosuit eat 32 .50 cal to the head and thats equally immersion breaking.
V has a defective chip in their brain so maybe you just imagined that you shot them in the head. Not immersion breaking.

Right, but if you want a scenario where everyone dies in a single shot to the head and can effortlessly hit any target through the use of cyberware to be realistic you'd be dead every time an enemy spots you half a second before you spot them too.

Though I have to say that I hate the whole "Combat exoskeleton that leaves the person in it completely exposed" trope in scifi. That has never made any sense, no matter what movie or game it's in. The only time that actually made sense was in Aliens, and that's because in Aliens it wasn't designed for combat, it was a forklift. Though I think the one in Cyberpunk is also an industrial exoskeleton, not a combat one.

Last edited:
I would just remove dmg mods for clothing and leave them for weapons and improve the Ai i ran through the game with uncommon items on very hard i died pretty quick but since the Ai are stupid i just use the tech shotgun and shoot them through the walls

I would just remove dmg mods for clothing and leave them for weapons and improve the Ai i ran through the game with uncommon items on very hard i died pretty quick but since the Ai are stupid i just use the tech shotgun and shoot them through the walls
The problem is the mods are a marginal problem overall, even the leggendary crit % and crit damage % are fine.
The issue is the insane stats that leggendary weapon have, the ammount of base crit chanche and crit damage go from 34-40% and crit damage % to 130% to over 200%.

Without taking into consideration skill and passives.
We need proper enemy that could tank this damage or at least put crit resistance to enemys, having elite version and other type of enemys in the pool, could balance things out.

I don't know, you can get +25% crit chance from a simple implant, +15% crit chance from legendary mods, and it's fairly easy to have 25% crit chance just from skills and talents, 50% if you work on it a little. It's extremely easy to have 100% crit chance in this game.

Putting crits into every single game is nonsense anyways. Crits are a mechanic from D&D that is supposed to give every attack a slim chance of connecting and causing damage through sheer luck. Crits exist so that a peasant with a pitchfork can theoretically wound a dragon. Since a swordfight in D&D is nothing but bashing two stat blocks together it's good to have critical hits making the outcome less predictable so that players experience miraculous victories and humiliating defeats sometimes.

In video games however people just calculate their substantial crit chance into their DPS and treat it as an entirely predictable aspect of the game. By the time crit chance reaches 100% you've completely eliminated the reason to actually have crits in your system. They don't create the possibility of unexpected outcomes in a fight. It's just one of those things that game designers keep putting into games because of some sense of tradition perhaps, but not because it actually serves any real purpose. You could just as well replace crits with a flat damage increase and it wouldn't make any difference, especially once you're talking 100% crit chance so even the slight pretense of a random element is out the window.

I don't know, you can get +25% crit chance from a simple implant, +15% crit chance from legendary mods, and it's fairly easy to have 25% crit chance just from skills and talents, 50% if you work on it a little. It's extremely easy to have 100% crit chance in this game.

Putting crits into every single game is nonsense anyways. Crits are a mechanic from D&D that is supposed to give every attack a slim chance of connecting and causing damage through sheer luck. Crits exist so that a peasant with a pitchfork can theoretically wound a dragon. Since a swordfight in D&D is nothing but bashing two stat blocks together it's good to have critical hits making the outcome less predictable so that players experience miraculous victories and humiliating defeats sometimes.

In video games however people just calculate their substantial crit chance into their DPS and treat it as an entirely predictable aspect of the game. By the time crit chance reaches 100% you've completely eliminated the reason to actually have crits in your system. They don't create the possibility of unexpected outcomes in a fight. It's just one of those things that game designers keep putting into games because of some sense of tradition perhaps, but not because it actually serves any real purpose. You could just as well replace crits with a flat damage increase and it wouldn't make any difference, especially once you're talking 100% crit chance so even the slight pretense of a random element is out the window.

Most games has a crit cap, enemy with crit resist, or temporary crit buff.
The damage output here is all over the place, regardless of perks choices/build.

About the mods, i only found them in looted gear, meaning that to keep using those you need the crafting perk that allow you to keep them, AND, they give 15% crit chance and 30% crit damage (2 different mods), the number are fine, if they nerf the base crit chance of leggendary weapons.

Cold Blood has a passive that gives 50% crit chance for 8 seconds upon entering combat state, this only paired with a leggendary weapon, is enough to reach 90%

Yea, a crit cap at around 30% or so is pretty common in games, but when you consider your average MMORPG you probably use at least 10 abilities to down a standard mob, and in a boss fight you might easily fire off 100 or more abilities. With sample sizes that big the randomness of crits is really not that huge. For a crit to actually be an event that can unexpectedly shift the tide of battle in a game like that the chance of it happening would have to be like 1% and the effect ten times of what a normal hit is. The thing is, in a game where player skill is supposed to determine the outcome rather than random rolls you don't want the outcome of your actions to be heavily randomized and unpredictable, which is why developers push crit chances higher and create combat systems where you make loads of attacks. They are actively reducing the impact of having a crit system instead of simply removing it. It's silly.

Yea, a crit cap at around 30% or so is pretty common in games, but when you consider your average MMORPG you probably use at least 10 abilities to down a standard mob, and in a boss fight you might easily fire off 100 or more abilities. With sample sizes that big the randomness of crits is really not that huge. For a crit to actually be an event that can unexpectedly shift the tide of battle in a game like that the chance of it happening would have to be like 1% and the effect ten times of what a normal hit is. The thing is, in a game where player skill is supposed to determine the outcome rather than random rolls you don't want the outcome of your actions to be heavily randomized and unpredictable, which is why developers push crit chances higher and create combat systems where you make loads of attacks. They are actively reducing the impact of having a crit system instead of simply removing it. It's silly.
Yeah, i've wasted 2 years of my life on Aion and Not Aion, i feel ya.
I wasn't expecting Borderlands 3 gameplay neither Destiny, but an overall balance is needed.
At least when we find a leggendary weapons it will be much more fun and worth.

They just need to add an additional difficulty mode. That's usually their lazy way of balancing after the fact. They've done this for all of their games, post-release, so I suspect they'll do it for Cyberpunk too. Witcher 3's "Death March" mode was still stupidly easy about 1/3 way through the game, but it was still way more challenging than Cyberpunk's "Very Hard" mode.

I've been playing Cyberpunk on "Very Hard" and I haven't even been investing my skill points. I started doing this because I wasn't sure what to invest in, so I was waiting for the game to get hard enough to make it worth it, but thus far it hasn't. Items and weapons are so stupidly overpowered that there's zero reason to bother thinking about character builds at all. I've just been putting everything in crafting to get the achievements and a bit in hacking, and that's it. I haven't invested any points in the weapon skills, and I'm still mowing through everything.

They just need to add an additional difficulty mode. That's usually their lazy way of balancing after the fact. They've done this for all of their games, post-release, so I suspect they'll do it for Cyberpunk too. Witcher 3's "Death March" mode was still stupidly easy about 1/3 way through the game, but it was still way more challenging than Cyberpunk's "Very Hard" mode.

I've been playing Cyberpunk on "Very Hard" and I haven't even been investing my skill points. I started doing this because I wasn't sure what to invest in, so I was waiting for the game to get hard enough to make it worth it, but thus far it hasn't. Items and weapons are so stupidly overpowered that there's zero reason to bother thinking about character builds at all. I've just been putting everything in crafting to get the achievements and a bit in hacking, and that's it. I haven't invested any points in the weapon skills, and I'm still mowing through everything.

Wait till you get to the final boss or melee boss, and see how stupid they are.

I feel the need to point out that the main thing power weapons have going for them is supressors, that being said there is no real reason to use a power shotgun(outside iconics), or sniper(outside of the overwatch)

The problem with the difficulty settings is that they seem to mostly just increase the amount of damage enemies do, but the most broken aspect of the game is that it's trivially easy to kill enemies in such a way that they never really get to shoot back at all, and the enemies aren't smart enough to enact any kind of meaningful counter strategy.

The player can unlock "Mark enemy netrunner that tries to hack you" as a simple perk, but the elite of Arasaka security can't even figure out what general direction a network intrusion is coming from, let alone dispatch a team to check it out.

Very Hard difficulty should distinguish itself above all else by making it so that when you attack someone it's like kicking a hornet's nest. You should be damn sure that you're ready to weather a storm if you touch a single enemy without being completely undetected. How much damage they do really isn't as important as how aggressive their response is.

Top Bottom