Starter decks

+
So, my friend launched Gwent and completed its tutorial a week ago. Now cdpr introduced new starter decks. I know that they are given only to new players, so he doesn't get them. He would like to reset only his Gwent account because he has bought some games on gog. Is that possible?

Thats really bad, people that have been playing for a couple months would be better off creating new accounts and lose all progress/purchases they made because the new startedecks are stacked with Legendaries/Epics (Which is a good thing) that they couldnt earn easily.

Is there really no chance to give people that are missing the cards from the starterdeck the cards that they are missing?

I really dont like that either. I played a bit in beta and started again a few days ago, before patch was alive. So I got the old starter decks, which are obviously not nearly as good as the new ones. So that makes it harder for all players who started in the last few weeks or even months, because many wont have as good decks as the starter decks. You can argue that they just need to create a new Gwent account, but then the whole progress / their investment and maybe even money spend would be lost. I invested a bit of money, so thats not a good option. And now even rank 30-20 will be hard with old starter decks against the new decks with far more value. And thats just demotivating and sad. Cant you add those decks to all acc? Players, that played for a long time, wont care, but for newer players it would be great.
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately not. He'd have to create a new GOG account to be able to start the game afresh.
I really dont like that either. I played a bit in beta and started again a few days ago, before patch was alive. So I got the old starter decks, which are obviously not nearly as good as the new ones. So that makes it harder for all players who started in the last few weeks or even months, because many wont have as good decks as the starter decks. You can argue that they just need to create a new Gwent account, but then the whole progress / their investment and maybe even money spend would be lost. I invested a bit of money, so thats not a good option. And now even rank 30-20 will be hard with old starter decks against the new decks with far more value. And thats just demotivating and sad. Cant you add those decks to all acc? Players, that played for a long time, wont care, but for newer players it would be great.

Last edited:
Cant you add those decks to all acc?
Only CDPR would be able to.

I'm seeing a lot of unhappiness about the new starter decks, and I can understand where they're coming from as it sounds like the new starter decks are vastly superior to the previous ones. However, there is nothing I can do about it as I'm not a RED.

Only CDPR would be able to.

I'm seeing a lot of unhappiness about the new starter decks, and I can understand where they're coming from as it sounds like the new starter deck are vastly superior to the previous ones. However, there is nothing I can do about it as I'm not a RED.
Thank you for answering, where can I contact them?

I just start playing about a week ago. I figured I can never complete Yen's Journey in about a week time.
I like the character so much, so I decided to purchase the whole journey to 100.
As a Witcher fan, I also purchase Thronebreaker. Not to mention purchasing Triss Journey right away.

Then I leaned about these new starter decks. I feel betrayed and screwed badly.
What option do I have? I can't just create a new account after investing that much real money.
I don't have enough resource to craft those gold cards from starter decks CDPR now giving away for free.
Now I'm stuck with Yen's cosmetic and inferior homebrew decks. This is disheartened.

Last edited:
For me I do not have any impact to the new starter deck because I almost have been playing Gwent for a year. In fact, I like CDPR give some freebie to new players but there are a few suggestions that bother my mind and I would like to make some suggestion here.

The part that I do not like about this are:

1. Clear cut to give new powerful deck to new player only but not so recent new player give a bad taste to new player especially who start playing Gwent for less than 3 months. If those players are free to play player, then they easily to shift to a new account. while some players who already brought Yennefer journey and/or Thronebreaker reluctant to create a new account. Then, this like a punishment rather than rewarding to customers who already paid money while players who haven't paid win the most.

2. The way CDPR promote this freebie seem very quiet though. I mean the number of legendary cards are a lot -- 5-8 cards / deck. and players get all 5 decks!, do no need to even pick one. This is amazing. Last year I remember Blizzard give 1 deck to a return players who haven't been log in for 4 months only 1 deck but that Blizzard, an evil of ungenerous company. (Moreover, I heard from my friend that Blizzard start selling meta deck but limit players to buy 1 deck / account.)

What CDPR did here is 5 times (or more) greater than that and deserve some highlight. However, in order to highlight, the overall campaign should be better since the point#1 above can make some bad feeling. What I'm thinking are:

1. Make an event celebration and give away these decks to all players who start playing less than 3 months.
2. What's about players who were playing for more than 3 months? maybe give them some meteorite power to make 1-2 premium deck? (maybe 10000 meteorite powder)
3. or let players choose either 1 or 2 but not both.

Then, make this campaign like a celebration as well as promoting something else which CDPR can sell something, too.

I've been playing for around a year, and even I'm still missing a fair number of Legendary cards that are in these starter decks. I don't know why CDPR wants to upset their current player base on the off chance that this attracts a few new players. The only fair way to go about this is to also award the starter decks to existing players; although, I do think they're too strong and could probably be toned down a bit first (admittedly hard to do once they've already been released). As an alternative, maybe each player could claim just one of the decks.

Disclaimer: I've got almost an entire deck (currently missing ~15 mostly useless neutrals), so I've got no stake in this issue..

That said, I agree with the general sentiment that CDPR should release the new starter deck cards to all accounts to ensure a level playing field between players that started a few weeks / months ago and players that started yesterday. These new decks are a VAST improvement over the old Starter set that only contained Geralt of Rivia as the single legendary card. To do otherwise is to alienate any recent additions to the Gwent player base.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Suggestion: If an account is not older than 6 month and has been created before the release of patch 8.5, let the owner import the new starter decks for half the price.

I started playing 3 weeks ago, and now it seems that it's better to just create a new account because of the new starter decks.

Also it's really disappointing that you can't even reset the progress on your account. I want to start fresh but use the same email adress as this is the GOG account on which i have all my games (i don't want another account just for Gwent).

I really hope they find a solution to this situation, right now I don't feel like playing Gwent anymore, too much trouble with a new account, and it's also not worth continuing on the old one. :(

I found a link to the new decks, and they're amazing. There are over 30 golds/epics that I don't have yet and would really like. I've only been playing about 3 months and would reroll, but it wouldn't be worth it at this point. There should be some way for existing players to get them, though. Some kind of reward? Contract? Purchase? I like the suggestion above to import for half the price.

Top Bottom