Starting September 16 (or 19), Your Life Will be Improved, Elevated, Augmented, Enriched… Enhanced,

+
The game will become less censored than it is out of the box, but the difference that I pointed out in the post before yours still remain for now.

Thanks for answering rapidly Ghost. I am going to download the update and run that on my uncensored version until Gogamer sends me the uncensored box version I just purchased new. One of the big things missing from the North American version is dismemberment. Everyone else seems to be curious about the nudity. I looked over a past thread form February and noticed that seemed to be the focus. Don't get me wrong, nudity is a good thing, but more important to me were the decapitations and noticeable amount of blood in my European version. And having played the censored version first I can say it was noticeable. Had I known this I would have purchased the uncensored version on day one. Hey CD Projekt, you took me for 3 copies!....and worth every penny. The game is fantastic in any form, but the combat seems more visceral to me when Geralt rotates around in a ballet of violence and removes an enemy's head.

Hatchetforce said:
Thanks for answering rapidly Ghost. I am going to download the update and run that on my uncensored version until Gogamer sends me the uncensored box version I just purchased new. One of the big things missing from the North American version is dismemberment. Everyone else seems to be curious about the nudity. I looked over a past thread form February and noticed that seemed to be the focus. Don't get me wrong, nudity is a good thing, but more important to me were the decapitations and noticeable amount of blood in my European version. And having played the censored version first I can say it was noticeable. Had I known this I would have purchased the uncensored version on day one. Hey CD Projekt, you took me for 3 copies!....and worth every penny. The game is fantastic in any form, but the combat seems more visceral to me when Geralt rotates around in a ballet of violence and removes an enemy's head.
A little less blood but this works in the U.S. censored version. The only changes were nudity and a few of the spoken lines.

Hello everybody. I cannot see any link to the famous Enhanced Edition patch on the official website. Maybe it is too early? I hope the RED Team will provide us wih a full walkthrough to explain where to download all the files.See you!

Jeckos150 said:
Hello everybody. I cannot see any link to the famous Enhanced Edition patch on the official website. Maybe it is too early? I hope the RED Team will provide us wih a full walkthrough to explain where to download all the files.See you!
http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/1,93888,5710169,Wiedzmin_Edycja_Rozszerzona___czesto_zadawane_pytania.html?as=3&ias=5&startsz=x#english

I've seen this link but it is not the official website so what to think of it? Is it legal or what? I feel quite doubtful about it... ???

Jeckos150 said:
I've seen this link but it is not the official website so what to think of it? Is it legal or what? I feel quite doubtful about it... ???
It's trusted site, official distributor of dowloadable update.

Its because sciagnij.pl is well know from its services – they had much bigger servers than we.And logistically they are better prepared for Enhanced downloads

Well it's the 20th and is my life Improved, Elevated, Augmented, Enriched… ?Nope, mostly the rest of it is one day shorter. An entire day spent nursing downloads from useless servers then hours spent trying to install the patch in any way I could think of to make it not fail, then download again because the files might be corrupt and no one thought to post checksums so we could tell. Then finding out they were not corrupt just buggy with virtually zero help from CDProjekt who are the only ones who have some idea what the "Catastrophic Failure" error message might indicate. My life has not been Improved, Elevated, Augmented, Enriched… The frustration during the 18 hours I have been dicking around with this patch has probably taken several days off my life.

Well, finally managed to install the patch. But I really tore my hair off my freaking head. This is free, and thank you for that, but to be honest, I never had such a tough time installing a patch. :dead: Computer froze the first time during the infamous two hours file modifications, then the whole thing got screwed up. Had to uninstall, reinstall.... couldnt access server verification.... :dead:And I agree with Hamlindo... virtually zero help.I consider myself lucky to have succeeded in applying the patch.

After the frustration... the joy.I started replaying the game in french. I remember someone mentioning the french version was the same but it's not !!It's been improved as well.... and it sounds much more natural.. Many lines have been, not added, but corrected. It sounds much better.The graphics have been improved as well. And it's true that the loading times have been greatly reduced. It's very, very quick, and I run it on a laptop !Impressive job. Also, no crash whatsoever.The frustration was well worth it. Great job cdprojeckt. ;)

Hamlindo said:
Well it's the 20th and is my life Improved, Elevated, Augmented, Enriched… ?Nope, mostly the rest of it is one day shorter. An entire day spent nursing downloads from useless servers then hours spent trying to install the patch in any way I could think of to make it not fail, then download again because the files might be corrupt and no one thought to post checksums so we could tell. Then finding out they were not corrupt just buggy with virtually zero help from CDProjekt who are the only ones who have some idea what the "Catastrophic Failure" error message might indicate. My life has not been Improved, Elevated, Augmented, Enriched… The frustration during the 18 hours I have been ****** around with this patch has probably taken several days off my life.
I can understand your frustration as sciagnij.pl gave me 3 incomplete downloads of 356 mb, 15 mb, 10 mb. I always checked the filesize of the patch before installing and trashed these three failed attempts and finally tried Gamershell.com and successfully downloaded the full 909mb 1.4 first try there. Remember, CDProjekt recommends a download manager which I did not use so that may be helpful for you. Also, make sure you DO NOT install any patch you download until you confirm the correct size. The patch will appear normal and ready to install even if it is only 10 mb. Let me know if you still have difficulty. I think you'll be very satisfied once you get everything working, hopefully sooner rather than later seeing as you been spending some time working on getting the patch. :peace:

After playing the modded game for a few hours I would not recommend buying the EE version if you already had the game. Stating the obvious, the improvements are and feel like a patch, not a new version. I would feel disappointed if I shelled out good money for the new version. Thank the makers for the free download, excusing the nightmare install process.

Top Bottom