Starting the Game: Bypassing the Intro ????

+
Starting the Game: Bypassing the Intro ????

I downloaded the game, rather than buying it in a store. Now, when I go to try to play it, it wants me to sit through the 30 minute introduction every time I play it. There's no option to start the game at all, and there's obviously no way anyone can sit and watch the start screen 30 minutes each time. Does anyone know how I can get to the start function? The only icon I have is Start the Witcher. In that icon, my only options are Launch Game (which sends me to the 30 minute intro), Register Game, Check for Updates, www.thewitcher.com, ViewReadMe, View Manual, and Quit. I have a feeling if I bought it in the store and installed it that way, I wouldn't have this problem. Keep in mind that in the Start Menu, under programs, I've only got the same icon (with a word document too), so as it is, I have no way to bypass the introduction... which means I wasted my $ 50. Stupid question, I realize, but I'm totally stuck, and even though the intro is cool, I can't sit through the thing every time. When the intro is running, there are no buttons I can push, short of ctrl-alt-delete, to stop the intro or bypass it. Escape doesn't work either. Any ideas? W

Have you tried reinstalling the game? It could just be a currupted file when you downloaded it since you said you have no disks downloading games from the i-net sometimes coudl lead to a currupt file being placed into the folder.

Just press escape...Or if you mean Chapter One, where you get the intro to the game, save past that (IE: save in Chapter 2) and load other games therefrom.Cro-Mag

Hitting the "ESC" worked for me. I am very surprised that it does not work with your game. In anycase mine is a DVD ROM.

Top Bottom