Stash system

+
Why not? With the great availability of crafting materials you can easily break and rebuild those sets wtthout any issue whatsoever (and actually this will at last make a little dent in the absurd economy). I really don't understand what's the point to carry three different Witcher sets around when you are just using 1. It is completely unrealistic and it is also completely irrelevant.
"Realism" is what's actually irrelevant, because if we were going by that principle there would be a million other things to avoid.
And ok, I'd be fine with being able to carry just one full set at the time, IF I HAD A GODDAMN STORAGE to put my stuff in.

Why would I want more than one set in the first place? Oh well... For the sake of variety, for a start? To alternate them since they are often upgradable at a different level range? To try different builds?

Frankly the whole "Oh, you can just dismantle and then re-craft all four upgrade steps every time you want to try one" is almost laughable, for how contrived it is as a "solution".

Actually it was a stash for surviving members as is evidenced by notes between other cat school witchers. Check yo facts.
Do you mean this note: http://i.imgur.com/1oeueMS.png ? There isn't anything about that stash being for every surviving cat guy. Even if you don't, Gaetan himself said it's HIS stash.

It is completely unrealistic and it is also completely irrelevant.
Are you aware of a fact this is a fantasy game? Just saying.

Last edited:
When I play a game like WOW I don't mind the banks being linked, because it is a 'game'. It's cartoony, I don't pay attention at all to the story, I just want to level up and get better gear.

The Witcher I take much more seriously and I take it like reading a book. I want to be immersed in this world of the Witcher and believe in it. It has great story, great combat, and is awesome overall. but any time these game like elements are present, it kills a bit of that immersion.

Inventory is a big part of this game, we have to constantly use it. So it is my number one gripe about the game. It could have been worse, it could have just been a list of items. So I am glad that they at least made it squares with items that take up space, but this usually means that the space is limited. But for some reason they made that limitless.

Stash system: How to make it BOTH convenient and realistic

After reading the thread "Here's hoping the stash locations are not linked" for about an hour or so with all those rage wars: should stashes be "magically" linked with one another or not... I decided to have my say. I think that lack of immertion with stash system if implied this way was the reason CDP haven't implemented it in the first place. It was a bit unrealistic in TW2. Even if you imply that you moved it yourself from one stash to the other (or someone else did it for you) - there's a lack of credibility in this statement. If it was myself - why couldn't I use it while travelling? And if it was "someone else" - who the f... was touching my stuff?!! And if each stash is a separate storage - it's inconvenient to use.

Imho the solution to this convenience/realism batlle is rather easy. As we all know mages and sorceresses like to create their own "private world" where they like to relax and do their magic stuff. Why some mage can't give Geralt an artifact that he could use to teleport to this "private world" and have his precious stash there?.. And then teleport back to the real world where he was when he is done?

"Least Effort for a Lasy Developer Solution":
1. We already have Keira Metz and her "private world" (or whatever that thing is called).
2. Why can't she give Geralt an artifact (she already gave him some: one more, one less, what's the difference) that would grant him access to her "private world" after he complete e.g. "Wandering in the Dark" quest with her (that's quite early in the game)?
3. Just put a generic chest somewhere in that location, use generic teleport animation - and that's it! No additional content is required. Everything is already in the game! No need to make new locations, some new stuff, etc. (that would be nice though, but we're talking "least effort" solution here). Keira herself could be put bathing in there as a little bonus (if she's alive at this point of the game and in good relations with Geralt).

And that's it. PROBLEM SOLVED. END OF STORY. End of eternal "RPG Hard"/"Have a life" battle.
1. It's convenient: you have only one stash with all your precious stuff.
2. It's realistic (well, "immersive" or "not inconsistent with logic" I mean).
3. It doesn't require a lot of additional work from CDP to make (I know, a personal world with trophies, luxury, armor and weapons stacks, etc. would be nice, but this would definitely require additional DLC and that's hardly "a witcher way", but still : ) )

I know that CDP already created what they wanted in patch 1.07 and I doubt they would change anything or even read this post, but I think it's the easiest solution to stash system...

Last edited:
After reading the thread "Here's hoping the stash locations are not linked" for about an hour or so with all those rage wars: should stashes be "magically" linked with one another or not... I decided to have my say. I think that lack of immertion with stash system if implied this way was the reason CDP haven't implemented it in the first place. It was a bit unrealistic in TW2. Even if you imply that you moved it yourself from one stash to the other (or someone else did it for you) - there's a lack of credibility in this statement. If it was myself - why couldn't I use it while travelling? And if it was "someone else" - who the f... was touching my stuff?!! And if each stash is a separate storage - it's inconvenient to use.

Imho the solution to this convenience/realism batlle is rather easy. As we all know mages and sorceresses like to create their own "private world" where they like to relax and do their magic stuff. Why some mage can't give Geralt an artifact that he could use to teleport to this "private world" and have his precious stash there?.. And then teleport back to the real world where he was when he is done?

"Least Effort for a Lasy Developer Solution":
1. We already have Keira Metz and her "private world" (or whatever that thing is called).
2. Why can't she give Geralt an artifact (she already gave him some: one more, one less, what's the difference) that would grant him access to her "private world" after he complete e.g. "Wandering in the Dark" quest with her (that's quite early in the game)?
3. Just put a generic chest somewhere in that location, use generic teleport animation - and that's it! No additional content is required. Everything is already in the game! No need to make new locations, some new stuff, etc. (that would be nice though, but we're talking "least effort" solution here). Keira herself could be put bathing in there as a little bonus (if she's alive at this point of the game and in good relations with Geralt).

And that's it. PROBLEM SOLVED. END OF STORY. End of eternal "RPG Hard"/"Have a life" battle.
1. It's convenient: you have only one stash with all your precious stuff.
2. It's realistic (well, "immersive" or "not inconsistent with logic" I mean).
3. It doesn't require a lot of additional work from CDP to make (I know, a personal world with trophies, luxury, armor and weapons stacks, etc. would be nice, but this would definitely require additional DLC and that's hardly "a witcher way", but still : ) )

I know that CDP already created what they wanted in patch 1.07 and I doubt they would change anything or even read this post, but I think it's the easiest solution to stash system...

Interesting thought but Geralt hates portals so that's probably not the best solution.

Why does everything have to be convenient, seriously. Nothing else in the game is like that, you are expected to travel or fast travel there. Why can't the stash locations be the same.

Why does everything have to be convenient, seriously. Nothing else in the game is like that, you are expected to travel or fast travel there. Why can't the stash locations be the same.

Well you know people have different approach to the game like you do. You are deeply immersed to the realistic world of The Witcher 3 game and some are not that deeply immerse. Some people play games to enjoy and feel convenience so they are actually requesting things to make life easier for them in the game. Though your point of view in the game is really great since you wanted to be more realistic, others will not be able to comprehend to that and it so happen that more people like convenience rather than the way you play your game and that's why the convenience per-say was granted or will be granted. CDPR also wants to ensure that more people are going to be happy when it comes to the fixes and improvements they are going to make in the future. Believe me its really hard to decide on which things will make players happy in a Developer's prospective.

I get what you are saying, but if they were not linked it should not come as a surprise to everyone. Since it would go along with the rest of the game. But I will play it however they do it.

Because people are lazy and cry if anything is too hard for them to do.

Those who have the patch already? Can you describe the Stash details?

---------- Post merged on 18-07-2015 at 12:09 AM ----------

Oh no - I read somewhere that you can only stash 'Equipment tab' and 'Other tab' items :( Not books, not crafting items?? Man....

Now I see why they made crafting items weightless. I guess they felt most people wanted this feature for weight reasons. But I wanted it solely for organization reasons. Oh well, better than nothing.

So I have a question: If they made it where you could send stuff straight to the storage every time you loot something, would THAT bother you you? Or would you think that was dumb?

Ah, dumb is such a simple, inelegant word, is it not?

1) If that was the case a developer would likely just give you unlimited inventory.
2) I think it would be a poor design decision. Players don't mind going to a 'bank' to swap out their gear. Actually, it can be quite cathartic after a tough slog through the moors. You just don't want your carry space so low you are having to check-in too frequently but rather, on your terms, or after a mega haul, which can be quite satisfying.
3) It's just not a game mechanic that would feel right. Where'd it go? My Nether-Space? What? Why? Nevermind. Unless you were like the Millennium Falcon and then everything you harvested would just go to the appropriate cargo hold. ;)

So far, on youtube, I see one of the stash locations is at Crow's Perch. Just a chest.

I was hoping to get a lot more use out of this, like each location would have a chest, a book case, a bag. And you could get all organized with it. I was planning on dumping 80% of my stuff in there and go to the stash if I needed to craft something.

I'll still get some use out of it, but was hoping for more. Kinda like a mini/temporary, bat cave.

They are linked. Already been stated. Fortunately.

Hoarders are happy - great.
Don't like the idea? No need to use them,

Of greatest use in early game, in my opinion.
With my decent saddlebags, I have no need, as I don't keep 52 swords and assorted crap :D

Isn't it also a bit of "convenience" in the wider scale to believe that only by forcing people into a certain style of playing, only then will they truly experience what you and others consider "immersive"?

What about choices and having to actually make them? So there is the option to have a convenient way of storing items in the game now. Does it destroy immersion, the way you define it? Only if you choose to use it. Are you honestly telling me that people are so weakly minded and unable to choose NOT to use an option that is available?

Maybe that's their problem then...

Isn't it also a bit of "convenience" in the wider scale to believe that only by forcing people into a certain style of playing, only then will they truly experience what you and others consider "immersive"?

What about choices and having to actually make them? So there is the option to have a convenient way of storing items in the game now. Does it destroy immersion, the way you define it? Only if you choose to use it. Are you honestly telling me that people are so weakly minded and unable to choose NOT to use an option that is available?

Maybe that's their problem then...

You obviously didn't read all my posts.

You obviously didn't read all my posts.

Mhm...you mean all 104? :D I read the post after the one I quoted and another one after that. So...what?

The post about the fast travel is a bit funny tbh. Fast travel itself is already a very, very convenient and simplistic feature. If you accept it, why not roleplay as you need tp? Pretend there is only one stash per location and always fast travel to it.

I wouldn't like that. Wanna know why? It's a bit ironic: I hate fast travel. It breaks immersion for me lol. :D

Top Bottom