State of console players?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya,

after maxing my 7th char (on ps4) some weeks ago i left Night City after more than 1k hrs played by loosing motivation for another build. Recently i came back to the forum to see if there are any new informations or words from CDPR for future plans - but couldnt find anything, more the opposite i got the feeling CDPR got even more quite, hidden in the shadow. Now i ask myself are there any console player left who still play the game in its current state? And if yes... what are u doing in Night City nowadays?

I think its another situation for PC gamer which have the mod community and mod content to stretch time until the next official word from CDPR, but im really curious if the console fraction is still alive today... or if most of them left NC already as well for now?

Personally i tried to jump on some of my chars to roam NC lately... but pretty fast lost interesset again beeing disappointet about myself for giving up that fast. I really want to enjoy Night City but i cant find the beauty in details or the lively city pc gamer are talking about in my version of NC. So i wonder how other console players think or feel lately....

I still am. Still throwing some hours in per time that I can play with both my Nomad and Corpo.
I should add btw: Base PS4 user, mostly doing everything I never did back in december. "[Corpo] Callie" is currently finding out how the Voodoo Boys behave. they can do with some straightening, as in shooting them with some big guns. Also getting around doing gigs for El Capitan, Padre and working towards Dino. Some of the Valentino's got issues, which require to be solved. Enjoy some races (with or without Claire) in either my CT-3X, Avenger, Mizutani, Jen Rowley or Rattler (of which corpo is envious).

Last edited:
I'm on XBSX. Maybe Cyberpunk is not as bad as other consoles, but hey, it count as console, no ?
After a little break, I'm back on Cyberpunk (time to completely finish ME-LE).
What I'm doing ? I just spend time in game (like before), just enjoy to play it (wander aimlessly /re-explore/re-re-meet Judy/Panam/...). It can seem stupid, but whatever, I enjoy that and it's the most important for me :)

Still playing on my phat ps4, don't get to play as frequently as I'd like between work and competing with my wife and kids for screen time. My most advanced v is on 90 odd hours so still got plenty to do. (still not completed the game) taking it slow, partly to find all the narrative elements, partly because I don't feel like rushing as the next patch might sort the screen space reflections.

Loving it every time I get the chance to play though.

After 4+ months spent solidly in NIght City I'm now on an odyssey through Tamriel, across 4 platforms (haggard old laptop - Daggerfall; orig Xbox - Morrowind, PS3 - Skyrim, PS4 - ESO) which is quite enough for anyone's free time, though I still load up most Sundays for a cruise round NC on the groovy Yaiba, and V3 waits patiently in the wings for future expansions before setting off on his own crash-course in human chipping experimentation and egotistical revolutionary rockstars. PSN folk still occasionally randomly ask if I'd recommend them picking up a disc copy and my answer is always an emphatic yes.

Now i ask myself are there any console player left who still play the game in its current state? And if yes... what are u doing in Night City nowadays?
Very little has changed on base XB1, other than it doesn't crash anywhere near as much, and cars handle better. It still looks and plays like some 360 games - I know, some people say that's an exaggeration, but it's really not. Try playing a 360 game and CP'77 back-to-back and saying honestly there's a big a difference. Or better still, play a XB1 game, any game, back-to-back with CP'77, and you'll immediately see how much worse CP'77 is compared to it.

But, I'm pretty much in standby mode, I only check the forum to see if there's an update. Plus I don't take anything CDPR says now at face value, odds are it's misleading (at best). I haven't played the game properly since around Feb/March after playing each life path once (and noticing not much of a difference). I've since deleted these characters and only have one low level V left, which I use to go in when a patch/hotfix drops to see if anything noticeable changed.

I'm putting in at least a healthy 3-4 hours a day on a Day One Edition Xbox One that I bought from a pawn shop for $120 in 2015, and I'm happy to say that the game looks amazing and runs smooth, with crashing maybe every 2-4 hours and almost no bugs

I believe 1.3 just came out today, and we will be getting heaps of DLC. CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 are gonna be the comeback story of 2021, mark my words

true but if even new gen looks and performs like on old gen - its pretty sad imo
Important thing to note :
There is no "new" gen version... PS5 and XBSX run a PS4/XB1 version (just more FPS, that the only difference...)

And other things, I'm not sure if a "good" PC (even the best), dating from the time of the release of the XB1 (2013), could run the game now... (obviously as it was, without having upgraded it)

8ad71ddd-10d8-4af6-9810-7fd778ae2a46.png
All images captured on my Day One Edition Xbox One (2013 Manufacture Date)
Post automatically merged:

Important thing to note :
There is no "new" gen version... PS5 and XBSX run a PS4/XB1 version (just more FPS, that the only difference...)

And other things, I'm not sure if a "good" PC (even the best), dating from the time of the release of the XB1 (2013), could run the game now... (obviously as it was, without having upgraded it)
What you're saying makes no sense.
The Xbox One/One S/One X/Series S/Series X all run an identical operating system and identical versions of every game released, so that developers don't have to port anything or add backwards compatibility. There is no "Xbox One" version of any game. Just like how PCs of varying qualities and ages run the same .EXE file to start Cyberpunk.

You may be right for the PS4.

Anyways, I don't think it's fair to try and run a game as cutting edge as CP2077 on a PC from 8 years ago, and then hold that against CDPR.

Attachments

• 05d298b9-81a7-4f2c-a700-3794b62a6e8c.png
    05d298b9-81a7-4f2c-a700-3794b62a6e8c.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
  • 869b6aa1-0dd4-4983-8b8d-5ac4fe9ad9ca.png
    869b6aa1-0dd4-4983-8b8d-5ac4fe9ad9ca.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
  • e1e070ec-de23-4583-abb2-9a85545f787c.png
    e1e070ec-de23-4583-abb2-9a85545f787c.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 41
  • a70422c1-f440-4fb3-adb3-73ea64613c29.png
    a70422c1-f440-4fb3-adb3-73ea64613c29.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
  • 78456fee-76c6-4063-ab5f-5adb709de79c_0.png
    78456fee-76c6-4063-ab5f-5adb709de79c_0.png
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • 4c241bde-6f88-4fce-acca-986b5c1da1af.png
    4c241bde-6f88-4fce-acca-986b5c1da1af.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
What you're saying makes no sense.
The Xbox One/One S/One X/Series S/Series X all run an identical operating system and identical versions of every game released, so that developers don't have to port anything or add backwards compatibility. There is no "Xbox One" version of any game. Just like how PCs of varying qualities and ages run the same .EXE file to start Cyberpunk.
Hum...
I don't understand what you want to said :(
For games, there is XB1 version and XB Series version (optimized). For Cyberpunk, it's only a standard XB1 version backward compatible who run on XB Series...
(In short, I have exactly the same game (like graphics) on my XB1x and my XBSX, it's just more smooth on my XBSX, that all...)

And for PC, it's just for compare the Hardware... no need to extend in this direction ;)

Edit : If it's the same .exe, it could be strange that I have to download an update (few Go) when a game receive XB Serie patch/optimization (like Outer Worlds,BD3, even NMS...)

Edit 2 : Like Ray Tracing, it'll (probably) never happen on XB1 version ;)

Last edited:
Hum...
I don't understand what you want to said :(
For games, there is XB1 version and XB Series version (optimized). For Cyberpunk, it's only a standard XB1 version backward compatible who run on XB Series...
(In short, I have exactly the same game (like graphics) on my XB1x and my XBSX, it's just more smooth on my XBSX, that all...)

And for PC, it's just for compare the Hardware... no need to extend in this direction ;)

Edit : If it's the same .exe, it could be strange that I have to download an update (few Go) when a game receive XB Serie patch/optimization (like Outer Worlds,BD3, even NMS...)

Edit 2 : Like Ray Tracing, it'll (probably) never happen on XB1 version
From what I understood, the opposite was actually true: at launch, the 6th Generation Consoles couldn't play Cyberpunk 2077 above 10-15FPS due to poor optimization after the game was ported, While the Series X and PS5 were fine.

There is rarely a huge jump in graphics from one console to the next on launch titles. Remember when the Xbox One came out in 2013? Like compare Halo 4 to Halo Reach at the time. Not a huge jump.

Rather, compare Cyberpunk to every other Western RPG ever made. Closest in terms of technical achievements and graphics would go to Fallout 4, but that's a distant 2nd, with Skyrims 6th gen port coming in at 3rd...

From what I understood, the opposite was actually true: at launch, the 6th Generation Consoles couldn't play Cyberpunk 2077 above 10-15FPS due to poor optimization after the game was ported, While the Series X and PS5 were fine.

There is rarely a huge jump in graphics from one console to the next on launch titles. Remember when the Xbox One came out in 2013? Like compare Halo 4 to Halo Reach at the time. Not a huge jump.

Rather, compare Cyberpunk to every other Western RPG ever made. Closest in terms of technical achievements and graphics would go to Fallout 4, but that's a distant 2nd, with Skyrims 6th gen port coming in at 3rd...
With patch 1.2 the graphics were seriously downgraded for PC, I suppose they've done the same for the consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom