State of console players?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft and Sony are 2 independent companies. Still, cyberpunk is the only game with warnings about performances on the Microsoft store.
Post automatically merged:

No, I played it on PS5 and it wasn't acceptable per se.

Sony after that mess demands an almost perfect game that surely at least never crashes or new refunds would be asked. Which is something Sony doesn't want to deal with again.

Ofc, with "perfect" I mean performance-wise, all the other problems and design flaws are not something Sony is interested in.

Yeah, at launch we were seeing 10FPS Xbox One/PS4, regularly. That was the issue, make no mistake. That issue is solved. CP2077 runs/looks/plays better than Fallout 4 on the 6th gen consoles now. I should know, I'm playing on one right now, and grew up playing Bethesda games since 3rd grade when Morrowind launched on the original Xbox.

People were mad because they didn't want a WRPG. They wanted GTA 5 in the future with a deep story. Then the performance issues just gave them a flag to burn. In reality, Cyberpunk 2077 probably had the single greatest marketing campaign behind if in the history of video games: this meant that being the best game ever of it's genre would have never been enough for the masses who took every trailer literally like it was all live gameplay footage.

The day any other company makes a true WRPG that doesn't crash (and by any other, I mean Bethesda, of course), I'll accept that standard for CDPR.

I am always at a loss what to do, I play for a bit, then you get word of another patch and I stop playing and wait, then the patch doesn't quite deliver what I want so I wait for the next one, I was gonna start playing this week again then someone said 1.3 is on the horizon so I didn't, may have to just play warts and all, cant be as bad as when I played it on day of release, and I have a old fat noisy base PS4!

I still am. Still throwing some hours in per time that I can play with both my Nomad and Corpo.
I should add btw: Base PS4 user, mostly doing everything I never did back in december. "[Corpo] Callie" is currently finding out how the Voodoo Boys behave. they can do with some straightening, as in shooting them with some big guns. Also getting around doing gigs for El Capitan, Padre and working towards Dino. Some of the Valentino's got issues, which require to be solved. Enjoy some races (with or without Claire) in either my CT-3X, Avenger, Mizutani, Jen Rowley or Rattler (of which corpo is envious).

Fun fact: Jen Rawley is NC's General Lee from the television-series "Dukes of Hazard". Speaking the name out, I realized this small easteregg.

Yeah, at launch we were seeing 10FPS Xbox One/PS4, regularly. That was the issue, make no mistake. That issue is solved. CP2077 runs/looks/plays better than Fallout 4 on the 6th gen consoles now. I should know, I'm playing on one right now, and grew up playing Bethesda games since 3rd grade when Morrowind launched on the original Xbox.

People were mad because they didn't want a WRPG. They wanted GTA 5 in the future with a deep story. Then the performance issues just gave them a flag to burn. In reality, Cyberpunk 2077 probably had the single greatest marketing campaign behind if in the history of video games: this meant that being the best game ever of it's genre would have never been enough for the masses who took every trailer literally like it was all live gameplay footage.

The day any other company makes a true WRPG that doesn't crash (and by any other, I mean Bethesda, of course), I'll accept that standard for CDPR.
To be frank, cp77 is not even the best game of 2020, by far.

People were mad because the game is one of the buggiest ever (is it English?) AND because CDPR overpromised, almost lied on some topics, and hid the console versions and the pc version itself since it forced media to use material provided by CDPR itself where bugs were not there ofc.
Then there are also people who wanted cybergta and that's in part of their fault and in part CDPR's, since the marketing campaign really hinted gta-like gameplay (like the third person CGI trailer were V shoots from his car, which can't even be done in the game OF COURSE).

Anyway, we're going off topic.

People were mad because the game is one of the buggiest ever (is it English?)
Oh no, I can't agree... I have play some games way more buggy than Cyberpunk (even on the day one version)... And where the bugs were much more restrictive than a simple crash (and loose only few minutes of play).
(an example on so many others : ARK... Could be the buggiest ever... on xbox at least even few years after the release)

Oh no, I can't agree... I have play some games way more buggy that Cyberpunk (even on the day one version)... And where the bugs were much more restrictive than a simple crash (and loose only few minutes of play).
I would agree, but up until patch 1.2, a lot of textures failed to load the proper LOD and that made it look absolutely shocking. It's a shame that such a visually jarring issue was present at launch.

I would agree, but up until patch 1.2, a lot of textures failed to load the proper LOD and that made it look absolutely shocking. It's a shame that such a visually jarring issue was present at launch.
Yes, I don't say, it's the most beautiful and fully optimized, but it's not the buggiest ever ;)
(just the fact that Cyberpunk no longer crashes, already places it above certain games)

Other example : Skyrim day one version on Xbox, I had to save before each "door" because there was a great chance that the game would freeze on the loading screen (more than 1000 saves on my first playthrough).

Skyrim day one version on Xbox, I had to save before each "door" because there was a great chance that the game would freeze on the loading screen (more than 1000 saves on my first playthrough).
Bethesda games are very prone to a crash to dashboard. It particularly helps on their games, but is general good practice to clear the Xbox cache on a very frequent basis to improve stability. It won't eliminate crashes, but in Bethesda's case, it certainly reduces them. Why Microsoft have to hide clearing the cache behind other features in the settings is beyond me.

To be frank, cp77 is not even the best game of 2020, by far.

People were mad because the game is one of the buggiest ever (is it English?) AND because CDPR overpromised, almost lied on some topics, and hid the console versions and the pc version itself since it forced media to use material provided by CDPR itself where bugs were not there ofc.
Then there are also people who wanted cybergta and that's in part of their fault and in part CDPR's, since the marketing campaign really hinted gta-like gameplay (like the third person CGI trailer were V shoots from his car, which can't even be done in the game OF COURSE).

Anyway, we're going off topic.
I said it's the best WRPG ever made.
Which is true. People like me? There are very few single player games that we can spend any amount of time with due to the lack of choice, even on the hardest difficulties, the game basically plays itself. WRPGs are the only real exception, due to the open world and massive amount of freedom and choice. Plus, as a competitive gamer, having a solid combat system is very important to me.

Define WRPG: Bethesda Games.
WRPGs are call such, because Bethesda originated the first person, open world single player, level/skill/perk based, epic scale genre a thing with Morrowind.

Really, the only comparable, triple A games to Morrowind, even today, are Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, and Fallout 4. All Bethesda games.

Mass Effect and Outer World's are the planet hopping space Odyssey type of RPG with many small worlds that are basically just levels. Originated by Bioware with Knights of the Old Republic. Not the same thing.

Cyberpunk is literally the FIRST WRPG with a solid combat engine. It is the first WRPG with driving. And it does not have any vast expanses of empty, nonessential, flat, boring space like Bethesda games do. It is so much more dense than any other WRPG.

Oh yeah, also the first WRPG with cutscenes. First WRPG with legitimate relationship building and meaningful dialogue that impacts the game, akin to a Bioware game.
First WRPG with freedom of choice on how to go about almost every single quest in the game.

There is no substitute to Cyberpunk for people like me. It's something we have been wanting for years, then we see CDPR make one, and get shit all over for it because it's literally about as buggy as a day one Elder Scrolls game after 1.2. mu

Oh no, I can't agree... I have play some games way more buggy than Cyberpunk (even on the day one version)... And where the bugs were much more restrictive than a simple crash (and loose only few minutes of play).
(an example on so many others : ARK... Could be the buggiest ever... on xbox at least even few years after the release)
"One of the" doesn't mean "the buggiest".
That being said, comparing ark to cp77 says everything.

Surely the buggiest I've ever played, but that doesn't matter.

I said it's the best WRPG ever made.
Which is true. People like me? There are very few single player games that we can spend any amount of time with due to the lack of choice, even on the hardest difficulties, the game basically plays itself. WRPGs are the only real exception, due to the open world and massive amount of freedom and choice. Plus, as a competitive gamer, having a solid combat system is very important to me.

Define WRPG: Bethesda Games.
WRPGs are call such, because Bethesda originated the first person, open world single player, level/skill/perk based, epic scale genre a thing with Morrowind.

Really, the only comparable, triple A games to Morrowind, even today, are Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, and Fallout 4. All Bethesda games.

Mass Effect and Outer World's are the planet hopping space Odyssey type of RPG with many small worlds that are basically just levels. Originated by Bioware with Knights of the Old Republic. Not the same thing.

Cyberpunk is literally the FIRST WRPG with a solid combat engine. It is the first WRPG with driving. And it does not have any vast expanses of empty, nonessential, flat, boring space like Bethesda games do. It is so much more dense than any other WRPG.

Oh yeah, also the first WRPG with cutscenes. First WRPG with legitimate relationship building and meaningful dialogue that impacts the game, akin to a Bioware game.
First WRPG with freedom of choice on how to go about almost every single quest in the game.

There is no substitute to Cyberpunk for people like me. It's something we have been wanting for years, then we see CDPR make one, and get shit all over for it because it's literally about as buggy as a day one Elder Scrolls game after 1.2. mu
Clearly not the best wrpg at all. It's barely an RPG. More like a looter shooter with multiple choice dialogues.
Btw, Bethesda didn't invent wrpgs. There are many more. And I stopped reading at "dialogues that impact the story". No point in discussing further.

Anyway, let's go back in topic: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2021/06/transcript-q1-2021.pdf

This is cdpr opinion on the PS store situation.

Last edited:
Clearly not the best wrpg at all. It's barely an RPG. More like a looter shooter with multiple choice dialogues.

Thank you for the link, but I can't agree that CP is barely an RPG....why do you think it is barely an RPG anyway (a bit offtopic I guess)?
Edit ups

I guess it is more of an action RPG if you only look at the combat, but.....that kinda ignores the dialogue....

This whole thing make me recall the Dragon Age Inquistion hell I lived.

I was one of the xbox360 player and, at that time, a lot of people said that, because of that the game was less good that wanted with the release of the new consoles.

And each and every patches destroyed a fully fonctionnal part of the game. I lose the trials, the exploration of my castle, some other aspect of gameplay... and I considered myself lucky because there were player that haven't been able to cross the "press start button" screen!

I seriously hope this game can be fixed. I know you can't always choose to have the latest hardware and must select carefully where to put your money. Good luck to my fellow playstation players!

Btw, Bethesda didn't invent wrpgs. There are many more. And I stopped reading at "dialogues that impact the story". No point in discussing further.
It's 6 months after release (not during release when you could say any weird stuff about game), some people did few playthroughs... This game is RPG (more RPG than Skyrim, and similar RPG to Vampire Bloodlines)....no point in discussin further.

This thread seems to be going exactly nowhere, and it's starting to drift off-topic as well.

Game works fine for some, less so for others. That has become clear, and there's not going to be anything more to it if these three pages are anything to go by.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom