State of the World (Post ending)

+
State of the World (Post ending)

I have a few questions:

1) What becomes of Geralt and his friends? What does the world think of them now that they've saved the world from the White Frost and killed the Wild Hunt. Is Geralt and the witchers still seen as freaks of nature? Or are they considered as heroes now?

2) Have we seen the last of Eredin? Does he stay dead? I have this eerie feeling that he doesn't, in some way or form considering in a universe with powerful magic - Eredin was no exception, a very power sorcerer that is able to travel between worlds.

I don't think the world thinks anything of Geralt and the Witchers. It's most likely the same old same old.

I hope Eredin is dead.

1)
- Dandelion at Chamelion or possibly at Corvo Bianco depending on your choices in DLC
- Ermion back in Skellige as druid
- Crach dead
- Cerys/Hjalmar in Kaer Trolde, possibly ruling Skellige
- Triss in Kovir or Corvo Bianco
- Yen is I think in the imperial court, and also possible at corvo bianco
- Ciri, depends on you

I believe only Ciri knew what happened with the White Frost, she may have stopped it, or maybe just for a moment. And her act of bravery is known only for those who understand magic.

Whereas for Geralt, I believe, only few people would understand what he did. Remember that folk from Skellige think that the final scenes are part of Raghnaroog. I don't think they would welcome Geralt as Heimdal all of a sudden. Besides, it's only him and Yen are at the final moments in the Naglfar. Either it sank, or it burned, better hear it from the bards who would sing the tales of what happened that night.

2. The Wild Hunt is not yet defeated only their King. I am pretty sure the Aen Elle elves would still have an army and navigators to travel between worlds. But I guess, they'll leave the world of Aen Sheide for now. Most especially if Ciri really defeated the white frost, for they will no longer have to conquer worlds to save theirs. They will have a new king, surely, and let us hope it is not as vile as Eredin.

PS, I don't think Eredin is a sorcerer that is as powerful as Caranthir or even Avallac'h. It was Caranthir who can create portals to other worlds. Sure he can cast spells, but Avallac'h can destroy a forest in one flash.

PPS there is an argument that Eredin isn't as bad as we think if we look at it as a King that's trying to save his world. I agree somehow, especially when you try to appreciate his willingness to die just to get his hans on Ciri, then potentially save their world. But yeah, he murders unnecessarily.

PPPS if we use the rule from Game of Thrones that one isn't dead until his head is off, or buried, or confirmed not breathing, then there is still a small chance that Eredin is still alive. :D

Last edited:
Eredin is the freaking man. He's a hero trying to save his entire species from certain annihilation.

But, yeah...he's dead. You can be sure of it. If he came back, it would be an enormous disappointment to fans.

---------- Updated at 12:10 AM ----------

2. The Wild Hunt is not yet defeated only their King. I am pretty sure the Aen Elle elves would still have an army and navigators to travel between worlds. But I guess, they'll leave the world of Aen Sheide for now. Most especially if Ciri really defeated the white frost, for they will no longer have to conquer worlds to save theirs. They will have a new king, surely, and let us hope it is not as vile as Eredin.

Dude, you're a genius. I actually never thought that through. I guess the Aen Elle can finally go back to hunting unicorns. Wooooo!

Gaels or Avallach.

Avallach totally is the saviour, because he convinced The Chosen One to help them.

And according to his biography, Gaels has awesome charisma. Let's take that biography entry as "the biography entry probably knows more than we do". ;)

So, one of them.

Last edited:
I don't know, if Avallach is considered an outcast by his people. We don't know anything about their society, really, because they were deemed not worthy enough to be more fleshed out in the game.

And we only had contact with the moustache-twirling, one-line-delivering evil-overlord types, of which most perished. So, the tiny bit that we know might be inaccurate for the vast majority of the unwashed masses of Aen Elle.

Avallach might be seen as the awesome savior. due to his role in The Chosen One's defeat of "The White Frost".
Or as the outcast.

Anything is possible.

But yeah, Gaels supposedly had not just this diseased-looking facial skin and his awesome cheekbones, but also some great charisma. So, he's probably the prime candidate for next leader.

As for the OP's questions:
I have a few questions:

1) What becomes of Geralt and his friends? What does the world think of them now that they've saved the world from the White Frost and killed the Wild Hunt. Is Geralt and the witchers still seen as freaks of nature? Or are they considered as heroes now?

2) Have we seen the last of Eredin? Does he stay dead? I have this eerie feeling that he doesn't, in some way or form considering in a universe with powerful magic - Eredin was no exception, a very power sorcerer that is able to travel between worlds.
1.) I am not sure why the world should be aware that they've been saved. So, of course, nothing will change.

2.) Since Eredin is not a higher vampire, he's dead. Also, he was not a sorcerer. Caranthir was the navigator (the one who opened the portals.) Eredin was just some warrior punk; the two teleport windows in the boss battle aside. Them he probably made with some magical gizmos.

Last edited:
I2.) Since Eredin is not a higher vampire, he's dead. Also, he was not a sorcerer. Caranthir was the navigator (the one who opened the portals.) Eredin was just some warrior punk; the two teleport windows in the boss battle aside. Them he probably made with some magical gizmos.

Then why were the hounds teleporting around Geralt? And something was happening the the Naglfar

I just get this feeling that people will think of Geralt and his friends differently, everyone around the world will know the truth about the Hunt that it was an alien race of elves from another world.

If he is dead, I wonder what they do to Eredin's body. Skelligers might parade it around as a trophy, that this legendary fairy tale being was killed.

1.) I don't think anyone (outside of those involved and those knowledgeable about magic) knows what Geralt and Co. did to save the world, at least not by the time B&W is set (1275, about three years after the main quest).

As far as the characters:
- Dandelion and Zoltan are running the Chameleon in Novigrad.
- Triss is in Kovir or Corvo Bianco (on vacation from the court).
- Yen is in the North or Corvo Bianco (retired from politics).
- Ciri is either on the Path, MIA or in Corvo Bianco (on vacation from the Path or touring the provinces as future empress).
- Regis is in Corvo Bianco (IIRC to find Dettlaff, if he is alive) or heading south to Nilfgaard in self-imposed exile.

2) Eredin is dead. I imagine someone like Gaels will take over as king of the Aen Elle. With their world saved from the White Frost, the Aen Elle elves can return to their world to fight the unicorns, or they can go back to raiding other worlds for slaves and resources.

Last edited:
I generally did not know that... at all. Are you sure you are correct? 1275 for sure? 3 years after??? No damn wonder Yennefer has missed Geralt madly...

It's been a while since I played B&W, but in the tent where you sign up for the knights' tournament, there is a scroll you can read that lists the date of the event as 1275. (I figure Geralt spent the three years between the main quest and B&W on the Path, either by himself or training Ciri).

---------- Updated at 03:40 PM ----------

Love how you use a Military pronunciation to describe Ciri status! haha :D

Yeah, I used MIA because we don't know if Ciri died, was lost, or chose to disappear after defeating the White Frost in the "bad" ending.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I played B&W, but in the tent where you sign up for the knights' tournament, there is a scroll you can read that lists the date of the event as 1275. (I figure Geralt spent the three years between the main quest and B&W on the Path, either by himself or training Ciri).

So what the hell has Geralt been doing for the past 3 years??? Did they originally live in the north and then Geralt headed off to Toussaint and so its been a couple of months? I highly doubt after all their bothering to get back together its been 3 years since they last saw each other because they have no reason to be apart anymore. Im not sure, just seems far fetched, 1275 just doesn't seem right at all, it doesn't fit into the lore at all. If you choose the empress ending then Ciri still isn't empress after 3 years? Despite Emhyr wanting to step down immediately? No i just don't believe it lol.

If it is for sure 1275 then like i said, no bloody wonder Geralt has missed Ciri/Yen. I assume they just lived in the north and then Geralt got a new home down south and there we are, their permanent home, Corvo Bianco. Sounds most reasonable anyway.

But thats also what i don't understand. Geralt has had enough of being on the path, why would he spend 3 years on it again? I think whats happened is pretty simple. He trained Ciri for a couple months, they then parted ways. Next Geralt and Yen move in the north, followed by Geralt heading of to Toussaint. He gets a new home and they get their permanent new home in Corvo Bianco. I just can't see Geralt spending 3 years on the path, he didnt want that anymore...

As far as the characters:
- Dandelion and Zoltan are running the Chameleon in Novigrad.
- Triss is in Kovir or Corvo Bianco (on vacation from the court).
- Yen is in the North or Corvo Bianco (retired from politics).
- Ciri is either on the Path, MIA or in Corvo Bianco (on vacation from the Path or touring the provinces as future empress).
- Regis is in Corvo Bianco (IIRC to find Dettlaff, if he is alive) or heading south to Nilfgaard in self-imposed exile.
You should also add Eskel's goat (What was it's name? Lil' bleater or something?) to the list!,It is still at kaer morhen after the ending, hanging around in the courtyard.

Last edited:
You should also add Eskel's goat (What was it's name? Lil' bleater or something?) to the list!,It is still at kaer morhen after the ending, hanging around in the courtyard.

Indeed! Someone should make a mod so that we can adopt it and give it a home at Corvo Bianco! :)

Top Bottom