Static FidelityFX makes game menus freeze

+
hi there.

i play game without fps drops or issues (locked at 30). everything is fine, until i open inventory or map. game freezes like 20-30 seconds everytime i go those menus in game.

it happens only when resolution scaling is on (playing 1920x1080 - %50). i dont want to disable it, so is there any fix for this?

please cdpr, i played around 150 hours at releae without problems. now i downloaded via steam again, but i can't find any solution on web. want to play again but this problem makes it unplayable. can't find any official/unofficial answer.

It's likely a system-specific issue. Could be the driver version your using for your GPU...could be Microsoft Redsistributables not being fully configured...could be something with the way Windows is configured. Hard to tell without troubleshooting.

1.) As always, are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

2.) Have you tried verifying / repairing your installation through GOG / Steam / Epic / etc.?

3.) Are you still using your original playthrough? Have you tried creating a new character so see if the issue also occurs with a fresh playthrough?

thank you for answer.

1) yes, used mods but this is a clean install. using steam client.

2) yes, no files corrupted.

but i didn't setup microsoft redists, not sure if steam sets them up automatically. im gonna check that too. and will answer back.

thank you for answer.

1) yes, used mods but this is a clean install. using steam client.

2) yes, no files corrupted.

but i didn't setup microsoft redists, not sure if steam sets them up automatically. im gonna check that too. and will answer back.
It could also be drivers, based on what you discussed. Though it seems awfully particular to be GPU drivers.

Another question, how much stuff is presently in you inventory? A similar sort of issue could happen with long playtimes in TW3, based on the way the game saves the data for your inventory items. If you're seeing slowdown or hanging specifically in your inventory, try dumping everything into a stash (or selling it). Leave that area, save the game. Then, exit to the main menu and reload that save. Return and pick up the items you need.

If it is a similar issue, that should prevent the laggy response in the menus. (If not, that's probably not the issue.)

Top Bottom