Stealth and pick pocketing

+
Am I the only one that would like to see both a short term stealth ability like a cloaking field or something that would let us sneak across a hall or something that's guarded. and pickpocket/reverse pickpocket skills. both of those together could be a lot of fun in a stealth/deception playthrough. Steal enemies A's special favorite item stick it in enemies B's pocket and hide. THen watch the infighting ot use it as distraction when they get into it about guy B being a thief and slip by with out personally killing either though one or both might end up killing each other.

Steal enemies A's special favorite item stick it in enemies B's pocket and hide. THen watch the infighting ot use it as distraction when they get into it about guy B being a thief and slip by with out personally killing either though one or both might end up killing each other.
I have dreamed of this for years, since I first played Fallout: New Vegas. I really hope this can come true. :cry:

Doesn't the flathead (Drone) go invisible? Maybe we can do something with that,

Steal some guns that are lying around a gang's base before we start our assault, Plant a few trip-mines, Have it scout ahead, It'd all be great ways to level the playing field.

Last edited:
I don't think this game will have pickpocket system. And never seen it on any gameplay video.

This game focused on story and characters, so you won't see any very deep simulation mechanic like things you said.

I dont know if I want this game to have a pickpocket system, although it technically could have one... I just dont see it being important enough.

I dont know if I want this game to have a pickpocket system, although it technically could have one... I just dont see it being important enough.

Didn't we see in the Cyberpunk 2077 48 minute gameplay preview, V sneaking up and jacking-in into a Maelstrom ganger?

Who's to say that pickpocketing won't be like that? Instead of sneaking away keys and coin, We transfer creds from their Bank Accounts, Steal security codes, And hack important info about Top-Secret prototypes right from their pretty little heads,

Plus the Nano-Wire as seen the in Deep Dive gameplay preview will no doubt make these kind of things easier to do as we go through the game and meet more challenges,

When everyone walks around with an unsecured computer in there heads, anything is possible.

Eh, in a world where most currency transactions are likely to be electronic, there is not much use for pickpocketing.

I definitely think there should be a system like WatchDogs 1 & 2 had where you can target people and skim money from their bank accounts if you have a high enough netrunning skill.

Eh, in a world where most currency transactions are likely to be electronic, there is not much use for pickpocketing.

I definitely think there should be a system like WatchDogs 1 & 2 had where you can target people and skim money from their bank accounts if you have a high enough netrunning skill.
there always other things besides money that could be useful to pickpocket keycards or passcodes on those less cyber enhanced for example

there always other things besides money that could be useful to pickpocket keycards or passcodes on those less cyber enhanced for example

That is somewhat true, but most of those items can most likely be found for sale in a black site on the matrix.

As you suggest, I suppose pickpocketing could be used to nab ID cards or other items we could use to forge the credentials required to gain access to a restricted area or a secured system.

Here's a semi related question I've been having: Will dead bodies be movable?

It's a pretty huge mechanic for stealth. Moving a corpse out of the way of enemy sight. That being said, I don't think it's ever been shown if they can be moved. Can anyone confirm?
Post automatically merged:

Also, pickpocketing isn't a mechanic you usually see in a game with randomly generated NPCs. I couldn't imagine pickpocketing in something like GTA. I don't think we'll see it here. Maybe body looting though... Who knows.

Here's a semi related question I've been having: Will dead bodies be movable?

You can't really tell from the gameplay videos. It doesn't look like you'll be able to drag bodies but it looks like if you ambush an enemy in the right location, you may get a QTA where you can simultaneously neutralize an enemy and hide the body.

Given the game's rather visceral nature, I don't think that this will be a true stealth game per se. It's not really feasible to clean up after yourself every time you blow someone's legs off with a shotgun.

As for body looting, this is an RPG and that is usually the standard way to acquire items and ammo pick ups.

I don't think that this will be a true stealth game per se.

God I hope this isn't true. The whole point of the game was "approach each mission however you want". They practically showcased stealth in the deep dive video with the netrunner.

God I hope this isn't true. The whole point of the game was "approach each mission however you want". They practically showcased stealth in the deep dive video with the netrunner.
its not a stealth game the whole point of this thread is focused on just one of the multiple possibly approaches available to us. Only focused on stealth playthrues here

I suppose I should've said that it's not a pure stealth game like Splinter Cell.

I'm sure that there will be the usual stealth elements in the game since it's an RPG.

Last edited:
You can't really tell from the gameplay videos. It doesn't look like you'll be able to drag bodies but it looks like if you ambush an enemy in the right location, you may get a QTA where you can simultaneously neutralize an enemy and hide the body.

Given the game's rather visceral nature, I don't think that this will be a true stealth game per se. It's not really feasible to clean up after yourself every time you blow someone's legs off with a shotgun.

As for body looting, this is an RPG and that is usually the standard way to acquire items and ammo pick ups.
They have talked about dragging bodies a lot. In the deep dive + Q&A video from 8 months ago they mentioned carrying bodies at least 3 times and used it as a key example for skill customizations.
Post automatically merged:

I suppose I should've said that it's not a pure stealth game like Splinter Cell.

I'm sure that there will be the usual stealth elements in the game since it's an RPG.
There seems to be 2 types of stealth builds in CP2077 1 is just straight up stealth, crouch walking and all that BS and the other is more Deus Ex with alternate pathways you just need to find or be creative enough to use. So stealth and then Techie. Like in the first 48 minute gameplay we saw V use her tech skills to get out of the initial section of the Maelstrom hideout. And later for Demo purposes we saw the creative ways to use the double jump.

I dont think there will be pick pocketing in the conventional Bethesda sense, I think it will be more closely tied with the hacking skill, get up close, jack in, access the grid, shut em down.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree that part of the stealth game would be using your hacking and engineering skills to shut down alarms and point defense systems.

I stayed away from the Deep Dive video like the plague. I'm sure the info was good, but I felt there were too many potential story spoilers.

Last edited:
Pickpocketing could be a fun mechanic in missions, too. There might be some locked areas that only a few special/authorized personnel may enters or anything of that matter, accessible via a keycard which the player could be able to acquire via eliminating the holder or stealing it from them. May as well be an electronic/software type of a key that is only retrievable via a hack or a direct extraction.

It would also be cool to wander around the city and snitch some stuff off the people outside. Who knows what they hold? A drug? An unexpected piece of cyberware? A fat eddie chip? A holo-chip with some blackmail data we may later use to our advantage?

I feel like I'm getting too dreamy about the game, but hey, we don't see that much of info to not make our bold speculations.

Top Bottom