Stealth breaking: Beer cans and reloading

+
Love the game but there are two things that just break big missions for me at the moment - at least for stealth-runs. (PC)

1) When you're sneaking around and go over some tiny floor item, or up a last step, the character suddenly / sometimes just pops up. Like 'tada!! shoot me.'
And this might be 'eh, that's fine, I'll just reload' but
2) When you reload everyone is suddenly on high alert. Even if you reload to an earlier save, high alert. If you want a clean run you have to go back to some save from before you ever entered the building (and maybe even further)

These two things kinda kill stealth-fun when they happen, and I've quit playing quite a few times because I just didn't want to re-run an entire scenario

Interesting, never really had that alert issue during my ps4 run. But I usually save pretty often and that usually worked when I had to reload. But yeah, Stealth can be a bit awkward sometimes.

It isn't that Stealth is AWKWARD. This is a bug. I have successfully sneaked. no one is aware of my presence. Then I have to save -- possibly to go and eat dinner, for example -- and when I come back and reload my save, everyone knows I'm there and is actively looking for me. I can go back several saves and still the problem persists. -- in other words, the bug affects previous saves, too.

Given that I am playing Stealth as a main skill, this is a massive problem, dare I say almost game-breaking. Certainly immersion-breaking. It needs to be addressed.

Also, my enemies WHO HAVE NO IDEA I'M THERE, suddenly can see through floors and walls and notice me. Again, making my current quest impossible since one of the objectives is to not be seen.

mbrto

Forum regular
this is weird
i just completed my stealth-only run through the entire storyline and didnt notice this

Top Bottom