Stealth gameplay is impossible

+
Sniper rifle + silencer + headshot will one shot kill targets without alerting others unless the body is in their LOS (try a tech rifle with charge shot for example). It will also pass through the target so you can, if you are careful, take out two at a time as well.
Are snipers always one shit enemies if its a headshot? If so its great but I didin't think about that cause of how guns works

I always play RPG's using a stealth character and was extremely excited to do so in Cyberpunk.

Add the hacking elements and it was a dream come true.

Turns out its impossible.

The problem is that enemies spot you from a mile away and with no cover mechanic, that makes it worse.

Plus, there's no mechanic to show your visibility to enemies like in every other stealth game.

Add to this a glaring issue with your hacking scanner, the fact that you can't zoom in/out, or freely move the camera around to find hackable items.

So, in order to find hackable items, you need to get in prettt close. And then your spotted.

Its very apparent that CDPR spent most of their time making a beautiful game world and skipped on a lot of BASIC game mechanics.

Its extremely disappointing.
I find the stealth to be pretty decent to be honest. Its not easy, Ill give you that and if you are not careful you can quickly get spotted. But I think that is what makes it funny, you have to move at the correct times, enemies will not just stand there, looking at you if it sort of make sense that they would see you. If they spot a body they react. You have all the hacking, which I can't really do with my character since, I haven't really gone deep in that.

But you can distract them etc. Stealth in games in my opinion quickly gets a bit to easy, so I think it fine that its difficult, with cameras etc.

So all in all, stealth is an option, it's not meant as the only way to do things.

They can learn a thing or do from hitman how to make a proper stealth game
I haven't tried that, so wouldn't know.

But I played AC : Odyssey as stealth and its pretty funny had a good time with it. But eventually it gets boring, because the places you infiltrate are too much alike, so after a while it is just not interesting anymore, because you feel like you do the same thing over and over. Whereas in this, since no location is the same, you have to approach it differently all the time. And to me that is really cool.

You can't just constantly use the same trick like throwing a rock and the enemies constantly fall for it and then you backstab them. Sometimes either the location, cameras or number of enemies forces you to change strategy if you plan on stealthing. And maybe hitman does it better, but then again it's also a game which sole purpose is to stealth and blend in.

In most areas enemies are not placed in a sneakable way at the beginning. Use hacking to lure them to other positions or wait until conversations are over and they move on their own. If you do this, you shouldn't have any problems being stelthy. But the cold blood approach is also very appealing in my eyes, especailly with a Katana. XD

In most areas enemies are not placed in a sneakable way at the beginning. Use hacking to lure them to other positions or wait until conversations are over and they move on their own. If you do this, you shouldn't have any problems being stelthy. But the cold blood approach is also very appealing in my eyes, especailly with a Katana. XD
Just did a stealth gig and it really works well, the gig had an optional condition of doing it without being noticed and that was a blast, and it was just a "random" mission. :D

The cool thing is that you get extremely focused on this little area where you have to do your mission having spend 20-30 minutes here, that you completely forget all about Night city and then when you finally complete it and get away, you are instantly pulled back as you watch Night city in the background and jump in your car. That is awesome :D

I have 14 points in dex and a mod that slows time when enemys first spot you, My guy moves so quick I dont need to sneak to be stealthy. I can eather run past them and break LOS or kill them before they can alert anyone.
Idk, thats how I stealth because I always seemed to be getting messed over every time I tried sneaking haha

Be more Cyber:

1. Attributes / Cool / Crouching Tiger
  2. Cyberware / Nervous System / Synaptic Accelerator
  3. Operating System / Mods (buy a nice OS and mod it)
Take it easy, slow down your behavior and enjoy the game. There are heaps of things to do and try. Don't go running blind. Do side missions (bounties, gigs...) and upgrade your Cyberware before main events and missions.

I've made more than €$90.000 and I'm only now proceeding to the main mission The Pickup (I did all the side missions of Northside - me and Regina are big friends now )

Ps: this game is awesome!!!

This is how this type of games are supposed to be played, we should not rush the main story. Do the opposite, focus on the side missions and then go to the main story/missions.

Last edited:
You sound like you need to git gud.
You are given ping as a reward very early in the game, lowest level quick hack, your entire hacking is based around pinging hackable machines and enemies. You can zoom. Idk keys on PC but on console it is up and down on the D-pad, though a but clunky when up and down is also your quick hack selections, you have 3 choices of zooming without the scammer then scanning (aiming without a gun out, zoom in, then scan) scan on the data tab, zoom then switch to quick hack, or just raw whiff the enemies and zoom then aim on them to scan with quick hack tab opened, which is what I do. I on a stealth netrunner playthrough.

There is cover mechanics, aim at the corner or over a peakable cover and you peek out of it, you can just use the scanner instead of aim too.
Visibility marker is over the head of teh enemy themself as well as an aufio queue. I use the cyberware that slows time down as I am detected too so gets me back into cover.

I really think you didn't test out any mechanics and just relied upon some tutorial to explain everything to you when it is all quite intuitive if you have ever played a first person stealth/FPS/immersive sim which this games combat and mechanicsis all 3.

I have a few questions I need help with but I can't make a thread so I will post here.

Any netrunner player here figured out how to slot the quick hacks in an order? I put them in and they seem to order themself with no logic, not even numerical by ram usage. I have tried putting them in left,right,top, bottom but i can't make sense of the order that it defaults too. I want my hacks in an order so I can memorize and make my hacking quicker. When I unslot them there is a 13-14-15 ect icon on the empty slot. Idk if this is a UI bug that isn't quantity of hacks I have as I only have one of each.

Other questions: Anyone actually know how to level the body skills Athletics and annihilation and the stealth skill cold blood? I can't figure out how they actually level and there is no in game tips for it. I got athletics XP climbing up a ladder once but it doesn't seem to work now.

How does opening doors with the gorilla arms work?
When I put them on I was expecting them to be able to open all the body X level doors but I have yet to find a single door that allows me to open with them yet!

Any netrunner player here figured out how to slot the quick hacks in an order? I put them in and they seem to order themself with no logic, not even numerical by ram usage. I have tried putting them in left,right,top, bottom but i can't make sense of the order that it defaults too. I want my hacks in an order so I can memorize and make my hacking quicker. When I unslot them there is a 13-14-15 ect icon on the empty slot. Idk if this is a UI bug that isn't quantity of hacks I have as I only have one of each.

Other questions: Anyone actually know how to level the body skills Athletics and annihilation and the stealth skill cold blood? I can't figure out how they actually level and there is no in game tips for it. I got athletics XP climbing up a ladder once but it doesn't seem to work now.

How does opening doors with the gorilla arms work?
When I put them on I was expecting them to be able to open all the body X level doors but I have yet to find a single door that allows me to open with them yet!
Don't know how to organize quick hacks or if it's even possible.

I think you level Body skills doing melee combat, dodging, blocking, counter attacks etc. But not sure, my skills in that is also very low, but then again I haven't really done any melee, which could explain it.

I tried the Gorilla arms as well, in hope I could open doors and they don't seem to do what they say they do, opening doors is purely linked to body skill from what I can see as I opened some with rocket arms, but didn't really like them either, grenades seemed a lot more useful and fun, also you are not able to cancel a rocket attack from what I can see, which is pretty annoying, if you misclick. Last it's worth mentioning that you can't remove them again once installed, like if you just want your normal arms back, it's just too bad. They need to add that feature. So I would strongly suggest saving before upgrading.

Sometimes the stealth mechanic is kinda weird or bugged, or they got a 6th sense - I agree.
Post automatically merged:

Best way is to contagion & synapse burnout (smth like this) from afar, you can drop a whole camp just by spamming those 2. Top quality is to just connect on a cam from fucking far the fuck away, and then just spam those from safe distance

Pretty sure you can put away the rocket same way you put away the grenade, triangle/y on console. Don't quote me on that as I cannot remember, but I do remember trying as I got the arms very early. I also got a pair of legendary monowire early on from a specific place it mentions about having charges for attacks, the arms themself have a 00 counter on them and the 00 counter doesn't move nor does anything indicate that the charges are being used. This and the gorilla arms must be broken/bugged, or false advertising! and they don't actually work like they did in trailers!

stealth works perfectly fine for me if you use hacks to distract enemy. I complete many encounters stealthy without issues, even if there are groups of 3 or 4 gang members, distraction works perfectly because it lures 1 person from gang instead of all gang lol its soooo easy,
you need to get better at this sorry.

I've played harder stealth games like Payday 2 on Deathwish (highest difficulty back in the day), and I must say that it's made me better at stealth games. Which means I've got no problem with stealth in this game, considering how easy and forgiving it is. The trick is to increase your movement speed via mod slots for clothing, install a proper cyberdeck with a mod called Reboot optics (which makes them blind for 8 seconds for me), and get a implant that slows down time whenever you're detected (as in their detection meter starts to rise, not when they're alerted). The end result is more or less running past guards before their detection meter fills up - similar to Payday 2 speed stealthing.

I'm having no issues going stealth in this game. In fact, most of my encounters have been via Stealth.
If you can get a few nice Quickhacks you won't even have to use your gun or melee weapons half the time.

Top Bottom