Stealth in this game is ridiculously bad

+
Everyone talks about AI being potato when antagonized, being unable to deal with an obstacle on their driving path and all the other dumb stuff that happens, but stealth is the part of this game that really annoys me: my character can now 1 shot (on very hard) most enemies with quickhacks from a distance, but if you do that to one enemy in a group they will have absolutely no reaction to it except entering the "alerted state". So, you might think, that being in an alert state means that they will now start looking for you, right? No, they will stay in the same position forever talking s**t like "wHeRe Ur HidInG... CoMe OuT!". I mean, MGSV, a game from 2015 or so had better AI that reacted to everything: turn off a camera near an enemy? He will verify. Make a noise? He will go check. Enemies never forget you once they know something is wrong. Now in Cyberpunk, that is supposedly the landmark of the new generation of games, you can stealth kill an enemy that is not on the line of sight of any other enemy of the group, hide the body, and enemies will still enter alert mode. While you can by the other hand drop a body besides another enemy and he will stay there waiting for you to do the same with him. Some time I've opened a door right on top of an enemy, but as he was waiting for me to come from the other side he couldn't do absolutely nothing about it. So much for a "next gen, revolutionary" game.

I remember when the developers bragged about how deep their stealth is, it's so deep that your footprints sound levels change based on what type of ground you're sneaking on.

And just curious.. Did it make it to the game?

I'm having a great time with stealth, but yes there are some issues with it at the moment. Playing as a Nomad, I use stealth more then anything else. My biggest issue with stealth is the footsteps. As my tag suggest, my character is barefoot, yet when I'm trying to be in stealth mode, what you hear is loud 'clomp..clomp' sounds.

You're not suppose to hear footsteps when using stealth, but I sure do. Anyway, yeah, very stealthy, and at times quite laughable. I hope we will have the option to just turn footsteps 'off' or at least a slider to adjust the volume of the footsteps.

But I use a lot of hacking, and at first do a recon using a scan of the area and at times, go completely around an area if possible before I 'stealth' my way in, loud footsteps included. 'Suicide', contagion', and 'overheat' are my favorite tools right now. But I agree, 'stealth' needs quite a bit of work, but I'm still enjoying it.

After nearly 2 decades of being told how much I'd like MGS, I tried MGSV and deleted it after about 3 hours. Absolute garbage. The only positive was Keifer Sutherland but not even Jack Bauer could rescue that game for me.

Stealth in Cyberpunk is good.

Approach it from a realistic standpoint and you get optimal gameplay. Approach it with "their drug & alcohol infused friend just had an episode and is dead on the ground, why aren't they all out here looking for me?" and you will feel like an idiot.

How are these influenced individuals supposed to be 110% in the know of what is going on in the exact moment an event is happening?

If all the mercs & corpos ran around hacking everything under the sun, these criminal groups wouldn't exist. Presenting a unicorn as a horse is a foolish take.

It's also WAY easier to move quietly in dirt & grass than on concrete & pavement with rocks, pebbles, trash, glass, etc etc everywhere.. Especially considering if you have wind & natural plant movements that create enough sound to cover your mistakes.. You don't have this in a city where you are literally surrounded with accoustics.

Most negative arguments against this game are 100% illogical & nonsensical.

Getting very old seeing these posts with the added herd mentality that is so prevalent in today's world.

Stealth in this game is well, a hit or miss. I don't agree its like Bugthesda's stealth. Their stealth is just silly, whereas CDPR is more buggy.

I really enjoy being a sneaky netrunner. However, it can be downright frustrating.

There are some problems my husband and I have run into while being stealthily.

Upon knocking someone out, its a roll of the dice on how the rest of their buddies react. I'll lean over to pick the body up and instantly the body will be discover. Sometimes, I'll take a couple of steps towards a container and guess what happens? Yep! Body has been discovered. I was doing a Gig, (cannot recall which one) was carrying a body towards a container and what happens? I get the warning box on my screen, that the body (the one slung over my shoulder) was discovered. Um. The only person left was outside....on the roof of the building. And I'm inside on the bottom floor. :rolleyes:

Another problem is a body being discovered even though there are no bodies to discover. Yep! Happens to us more times then we can count. Either we have not stashed a body yet or all the bodies are stashed.

Enemies have X-Ray vision. Love this. Go to sneak up behind someone and they suddenly sprout eyes in the back of their head. OR their buddy in the next room can see you, even though he/she is surrounded by several walls and loads of junk.

Distracted Enemies have strange investigation stops. Distract an enemy using a TV that is pointing inwards of the room. What does the enemy do? Goes to the room behind the T.V. and investigates the back of it. I had one enemy distracted by a camera. He ends up walking clear across the opposite side of the room. Um?!?

Not enough containers to stash bodies. Really frustrating doing a mission only to find out there is no place to stash the body. And BTW...since when does a dumpster only hold 3 corpses? Also, rather strange that a small crate can hold two bodies.

Memory Wipe, is a hit or miss. Sometimes it works and other times its like screw you. Good Times.

BTW, I'm not far into the game, er Act Two. Later do you get the oppurtunity to unlock, say being able to sneak up behind robots and rewire them? OR most importantly being able to pick up their corpse?

Camera... sometimes you get the "body discovered" message even when nobody is around, that usually means a camera has detected the body. You even get that when there is nobody left in the network to look at the security feed, though. ;)

Camera... sometimes you get the "body discovered" message even when nobody is around, that usually means a camera has detected the body. You even get that when there is nobody left in the network to look at the security feed, though. ;)

One thing I do before approaching anyone is to make sure the cameras in said room is shut down. If possible, I'll take control of a camera and use it to mark enemies and shut down other security. Kind of hard for a camera to detect a body when either there is no camera around or the camera has been shut down. 😉

One thing I do before approaching anyone is to make sure the cameras in said room is shut down. If possible, I'll take control of a camera and use it to mark enemies and shut down other security. Kind of hard for a camera to detect a body when either there is no camera around or the camera has been shut down. 😉
True, I had the issue that a) cameras from adjecent rooms got me or b) turned off cameras reactivated randomly... I switched to shooting them with a silenced pistol after a while. Other then that, it's probably buggy detection AI and "transperent" walls. ;)

Quickhacks are for defeating the enemy without combat so there should be a delay for them to come and look for you. It is reasonable I think.

Some of you have mentioned the cameras in some of the posts here, good point. I always look for cameras and use 'Friendly' so they don't detect me, and the cameras show me where the bad guys are, or I disable them. Never rush, scan the area, look for cameras (or turrets) and set them to 'friendly' or disable them.

As for being detected while the bad guys are in a different room? Yep, has happened to me as well, and even if you move, they somehow have locked onto you, very annoying.

One last thing, if you set a turret for 'friendly', sometimes if you have to engage the bad guys, there is a chance (about 50/50) that a friendly turret will shoot the bad guys, not always, but great fun non the less. Sometimes happens with mines too.

After nearly 2 decades of being told how much I'd like MGS, I tried MGSV and deleted it after about 3 hours. Absolute garbage. The only positive was Keifer Sutherland but not even Jack Bauer could rescue that game for me.
If you deleted it after about 3 hours you didn't even get to use stealth because of that prologue/introduction. Very easy to tell you didn't play the game but you're just pretending you did. The game has a ridiculously slow start where a lot of the mechanics are locked away.

Top Bottom