Stealth: list of bugs & issues (please contribute)

+
Hi,
I was very excited to see Stealth was one of the playstyles available, and I started a stealth play-through,
However this game doesn't seem designed for stealth, it's either unsatisfying, broken, or simply not possible.

Here are some issues I encountered, that could be fixed.
  1. NPCs like Jackie are invisible to enemies, they can also talk and NPCs won't hear it. (see screenshot below)
  2. NPCs do not seem to notice when I open doors, elevators etc. in front of them.
  3. There is no way to distract NPCs like whistling or throwing an item. Only by hacking, which is OK but in many cases not possible due to NPC location.
Here are some issues I encountered, that are so profound they likely can't be fixed
  1. Many missions in which it's impossible to play stealth due to scripted actions etc.
  2. In many areas there's just one way forward (unlike games like Hitman, Deus Ex etc.)
Finally, some disappointments:
  1. The stealth skill tree is mostly about poisons
  2. NPCs are mostly stupid, they either just stare at walls and stay in one place.
  3. Game is a lot about hacking, yet there's no way to use hack to avoid alarms being triggered.
I hope this feedback can be useful - please contribute if you noticed other bugs or issues.
I hope the bugs outlined (first section) can at least be fixed so that other players have a better experience that the one I'm currently having.

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 3.41.49 PM.png

You understand how infuriating it would be, if your companions broke your stealth? There is a reason why god of war and last of us made npc ignore your companions.

There is a way to distract, its a quick hack, explore the vendors more.

There are some parts of missions that wil go loud you just have to plan for it.

THe rest of your complaints are player errors. I am playing stealth + katana only, ive yet to find an unavoidable alarm or places with one route.

I wish dashing (double tapping a movement key) would either keep you in stealth mode or be disabled while sneaking. Oftentimes I'll be behind cover trying to look at enemies or cameras, and I accidentally dash and become spotted.

NPCs that follow you should be non detectable, or else they'll ruin your gameplay over something stupid.

My #1 issue with stealth is the way dodge is a double tap on the movement key with M&K.

When stealthing you frequently need to tweak your position slightly when peeking/creeping around corners BUT this often results in your character dodging.

I've gotten into the habit of saving VERY frequently when trying to be stealthy due to this "feature".

I also love that some NPCs apparently have a 300 degree detection cone (regardless of what the visual que claims). Try to sneak up on them from any direction other then directly behind them they spot you near instantly.

In the fight with the Asian mob near the shipping crates near V's apartment stealth was a bit frustrating to use. The person leaning back against the crate kept on noticing me if I approached her from behind on the side, so I had to jump up on top of the crate to do a stealth takedown. I would suggest reducing the npc's field of view slightly.

I also had a issue where I blinded someone via a hack and tried to take them down but didn't see a option to do the takedown. Maybe I did something wrong, I'll have to see if I run into the issue again.

I agree that the stealth feels broken, that's the biggest disappointment. Although, I've had the opposite problem with opening doors. I'll open a door to the back of the building thinking that no one sees me and then the entire bar is on high alert when I haven't even crossed into a hostile area. It feels like it escalates way too quickly. I'll be hiding behind a crate and try to do a quickhack but enemies in front of me immediately know where I am without actually spotting me or being prompted that they've triangulated my location.

Yes, please let us disable or remap dodging on keyboard. When attempting to make slight movements as I stealth walk, I'll end up dashing/dodging right into the enemy.

TLDR; NPCs can see bodies they shouldn't be able to.

I am clearing out an area and hiding all of the bodies in the proper places (refrigerators, cars, dumpsters, etc...) but halfway through an area, if I am either holding onto a body for disposal or it stays on the ground too long (looting), the NPCs will act like they have seen the body even if they were on the other side of the warehouse with walls and other obstacles blocking their view.

Suuuuuuuper annoying bug. I've had to restart the latest save multiple times in multiple missions because of this.

I wish dashing (double tapping a movement key) would either keep you in stealth mode or be disabled while sneaking. Oftentimes I'll be behind cover trying to look at enemies or cameras, and I accidentally dash and become spotted.
Completely agree with you..... how many times i have side-dashed while trying to move behind someone. it's annoying.

TLDR; NPCs can see bodies they shouldn't be able to.

I am clearing out an area and hiding all of the bodies in the proper places (refrigerators, cars, dumpsters, etc...) but halfway through an area, if I am either holding onto a body for disposal or it stays on the ground too long (looting), the NPCs will act like they have seen the body even if they were on the other side of the warehouse with walls and other obstacles blocking their view.

Suuuuuuuper annoying bug. I've had to restart the latest save multiple times in multiple missions because of this.

Same here. This happens to me constantly.

iCake

Forum veteran
My #1 issue with stealth is the way dodge is a double tap on the movement key with M&K.

When stealthing you frequently need to tweak your position slightly when peeking/creeping around corners BUT this often results in your character dodging.

I've gotten into the habit of saving VERY frequently when trying to be stealthy due to this "feature".

I also love that some NPCs apparently have a 300 degree detection cone (regardless of what the visual que claims). Try to sneak up on them from any direction other then directly behind them they spot you near instantly.

Yes, we need a dedicated dodge key, not this double tap contextual timing c*** that's bound to misfire. That's why I did this a few hours in my playthrough and never looked back, the game became so much better for it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/ka8s9i

I don't know what happened but for the last few days i could go into hostile areas and even shoot enemies with my Shotgun and still wont get detected Even if there choombas are right next to them

I've overall found stealth VERY viable throughout v1.2.x and v1.3.x playthroughs. Oddly, my netrunner has ended up less stealthy than my pistols solo though. You'd expect QHs which are silent by nature to be a more stealthy option, but because of the "revealing location" effect of hitting a pack with a few QHs, unless you can kill them all with your opening salvo, you'll automatically have your position revealed regardless of whether they have line of sight or not. With my solo I'd headshot-snipe with a silenced pistol and remain undetected.

As an example, I remember doing the entire GIM with my solo and was never at any point detected by any enemy except sasquatch (yet killed every living thing in there). On the other hand with my netrunner, sure no enemy ever got a look at me, I was "detected" quite quickly, even though I cleared pretty much the whole area with QHs via controlled cameras.

That said - netrunners are already an incredibly strong build, so for the sake of the game, having QHs reveal your location is required. If they didn't you could faceroll the entire game like that (and I nearly can now).

But yeah, stealth totally works. For those having trouble with it, combine it with using double-jump to reach locations that your enemies won't be able to see. Like get on rooftops above them; enemies rarely look up ;) You can get pretty close that way, make a kill or two and then back up a bit and break line of sight. Also, for the non-netrunners, combining Sandevistan with an attack from stealth can be devastating. If you engage the slo-mo just before you fire off a volley, you're looking at three to five very easy and very accurate headshots. I remember attacking from stealth with that technique (silenced revolver) and wiping out whole packs of bad guys before any of them had time to draw weapons.

If you have ANY mods installed, stop reporting bugs. There is no official modding tool, so any mods have to be manually injected into the files which can cause completely unexpected problems in areas that have nothing to do with the mod.

I don't use any mods because of this exact problem with modding games without a proper modding kit. You're just asking for your game to break and you have no idea where it breaks or why, so you can't even do anything about it in some cases.

I learned my lesson back in Oblivion. One simple mod that did a simple model-swap, or so I thought, actually messed up a script, which caused a chain-effect and completely blew up the game later down the line and caused the entire save to be corrupted.

I have already seen a bug where enemies didn't enter in combat and "simply" search you... even if you are just right in front of them... And caused by mod(s) :(

I uninstalled all the mods but the problem is still there.
Help please
Post automatically merged:

:cry:

Top Bottom