Stealth missions do not require NO dead bodies.

+
So maybe I am the last person to figure this out, but I was avoiding the really hard sheath missions (with lots of NPC patrolling as I did not buy this game to play a stealth game) thinking I had to sneak past all the NPC without using my weapons. I just found out on a listening bug planting mission that I could kill everyone in the building and as long as I did not go into combat (no alarm was raised) I could stroll around planting the bugs and walk out of the building and get my bonus for "not alerting anyone to your presence".

I take it this is an exploit I discovered?

If this is the way the DEV intended it to work than I am extremely impressed and grateful (and pleasantly surprised) they allowed a way for all play styles to 100% those missions (Leon's "The Professional" STYLE).

I would not kill everyone in the building again but those few sections that are "hurry up and wait" doing nothing but watching 7 guards do their walking routine trying to find a break in the pattern just got a lot more fun for ALL players!

Last edited:
Not an exploit, in fact it's pretty common in games with stealth that killing enemies does not alert anyone, as long as it's a surprise attack.

Not an exploit, in fact it's pretty common in games with stealth that killing enemies does not alert anyone, as long as it's a surprise attack.

err.. well like I said I do not play stealth games but logically I think dead bodies all over building alerts someone the next day that something nefarious happen in their headquarters, like maybe someone planted a bunch of surveillance devices? LOL!

However, I am glad to hear I can play those missions now "as the DEV intended".

Well yeah but you won't be there tomorrow. Enemies will start searching for you if they find bodies though, but still won't be alterted to your presence unless they see you.

Another fun fact: if your aim is any good you can use a decent sniper rifle to take out enemies from a distance without alerting anyone. As long as they don't hear the gunshot you're fine (I recommend using a silencer).

Another thing that delighted me and surprised the heck out of me was that there were guards placed in various locations that in most games would only be where a player could barley maneuver such as on precarious protrusions on the roof! Totally shocked me when I did some creative acrobatics to get to a slanted narrow roof with open drops and there were several guards up there with me!

For Oblivion I made a mod that would keep a tab of all the "spots" you stood on in the game that were higher than ground level. Then I could spawn guards at those points so that the player could no longer just jump up on a pillar and shoot down at the swords men with no way for the guard to fight back. Instead you would find that a guard was now on the WALL next to you that you had just used to climb on top of the pillar! :)

I wonder if CDPR is now doing something like that or if they were hand placed just in case players found there way to such esoterically high locations?

It's an incredibly unimmersive design option and it makes no sense whatsover.

Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to sneak in and (plant a bug/steal a file/insert malware/whatever) without anyone knowing. It's OK if you murder and incapacitate everyone along the way, as long as you make it out without evoking any kind of general alarm. When everyone wakes up (or comes into work on Monday and sees 15 of their colleagues massacred and stuffed into filing cabinets), the will be none the wiser that some kind of skullduggery even took place. There will be no security sweeps, no audits or questions asked. They'll just shrug their shoulders and go "meh".

Ace work there, Sam Fisher.

reading the title of this thread is the equivalent of listening to nails on a chalkboard. i hate that this type of sentence structure is so common in spanish

That would depend on the context wouldn't it? As an example, if the job is to steal a car it's missing after it's been stolen. The mission isn't to avoid detection but to steal the car, get away and leave everyone protecting it with their dicks in their hands (or stuffed in trash cans, refrigerators and square boxes). If it's planting a listening device on a computer then, yeah, it's a bit odd to kill and stuff 15 people into cabinets. At that point red flags will be raised and it's definitely possible the device would end up discovered.

The game doesn't seem able to distinguish between the two. You could conceivably pass this off as okay because the player could avoid killing or incapacitating anyone. I've done a few of these type of missions myself without ever touching a NPC. It's arguably more fun to police yourself as a player because jobs become more challenging and interesting when approached this way.

Of course, I am fairly sure a couple of these quests do indeed specify no bodies/killing. I don't think they care about incapacitating people though. Not that having a fixer get bitchy and giving a smaller pay-out is a show stopper.

It does say "dont raise alarm" not dont slaughter everyone lol
but i agree my hitman skills force me hide bodies and i believe there should be at least a no evidence objective

Nothing and I mean nothing satisfies me more than being told 'be sneaky' and then I go in and destroy everything. I love the exasperated Fixer responses <3

Well, I actually didn't kill anyone xD I'd just use system reset, overheat or short circuit quickhacks :sneaky:

Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to sneak in and (plant a bug/steal a file/insert malware/whatever) without anyone knowing. It's OK if you murder and incapacitate everyone along the way, as long as you make it out without evoking any kind of general alarm. When everyone wakes up (or comes into work on Monday and sees 15 of their colleagues massacred and stuffed into filing cabinets), the will be none the wiser that some kind of skullduggery even took place. There will be no security sweeps, no audits or questions asked. They'll just shrug their shoulders and go "meh".

Ace work there, Sam Fisher.

You're just speculating, you're not there the next day, how do you know what they do or don't do?
People making things up gets old.

Contagion everyone, walk in, scan faces and collect bounties and SC on the high value ones using a silenced pistol.

I just wish the "innocent NPCs" caught in the middle did something more dynamic than just cower. Some do run away, but it would be neat to be able to walk up to each one and tell them to skedaddle.
Post automatically merged:

There is one Regina gig where you have to collect intel, and right across the street is a pair of cops working a crime scene.

I Contagioned everyone by hacking the cameras and dropping everyone I could see remotely before walking in and dealing with stragglers. What was cool was the minute I dropped the sentries in front who were in full view of the cops, the cops started acting like the goons, turning red and hunting for me, albeit they never entered the building I was breaking into. No warrant stars, nothing. Maybe a bit of code reuse gone rogue, or something else, but it was actually neat to see cops acting like cops instead of watching you collect bounties in plain sight on the streets. Made for a bit more cautious approach.

Last edited:
I just want to point out before someone decides to turn this into another thread criticising the game: this is a very common mechanic in games with stealth. Relatively few stealth games require you to sneak around without ever coming into contact with the enemy; most will allow you to make sneak attacks to take out enemies before they can raise the alarm, and although it may be slightly unimmersive for the other enemies to completely disregard the absence of their buddies, it would be totally un-fun if they raised the alarm just because you hid one guy's body in a cupboard.

Top Bottom