Stealth system ?

+
Well, color me glad to hear there won't be any stealth. Not that I don't like stealth games - the Splinter Cell, Crysis and MGS series are big faves of mine, and I played Mark of the Ninja way more than any sane person should. But it seems like every damn action game these days has a half-baked stealth mechanic built into it just for the sake of ticking another box. Plus the stealth sections in TW2 just weren't any good - insta-fail forced stealth like in the Kaedweni camp is an absolute no-no for me. If that's the best they can come up with, I'd rather not have stealth at all.

Well, color me glad to hear there won't be any stealth. Not that I don't like stealth games - the Splinter Cell, Crysis and MGS series are big faves of mine, and I played Mark of the Ninja way more than any sane person should. But it seems like every damn action game these days has a half-baked stealth mechanic built into it just for the sake of ticking another box. Plus the stealth sections in TW2 just weren't any good - insta-fail forced stealth like in the Kaedweni camp is an absolute no-no for me. If that's the best they can come up with, I'd rather not have stealth at all.
All of this is entirely subjective to the context of the stealth, and how it had been implimented this time, which we will not know, apparently. One mod says he saw it and it wasn't good, alright, but I am just curious about a bit more I guess.

I think stealth in the Witcher 2 was pretty bad.
It felt tagged on, and everything was way too scripted.
I'm glad this won't return.

No stealth in the Witcher 3?

Unfortunately I think it has been confirmed that there wont be any stealth mechanics. This a little bit disappointing to me because i really like games where u have the option of both action and stealth. I hope there will be at least some simple stealth mechanics like silent takedowns from behind, cover system etc. or well done stealth sections. I think whether u like stealth or not its nice in huge game like the Witcher 3 to have a combination of action and stealth gameplay. Also keep in mind that i havent read the books so i dont know if this has anything to do with Geralt's fighting style.
Do you think its a big deal that there isn't any stealth in the Witcher 3?

I don't remember there being any stealth mechanics in the first game however in TW2 the only thing relating to stealth was in one quest from what I recall. The games have never ment to be stealthed and I don't think that will make a difference to the games quailty and gameplay.

Stealth in TW2 honestly was not very good. If they aren't 100% committed to a mechanic, best to ditch it. That said, I always imagined stealth to be an integral part of a witcher's training.

I bet most of people who didn't liked TW2 stealth didn't liked it because you were unable to upgrade it,see through walls and roll between the covers like in the fancy modern stealth games...
TW2 stealth was very solid and interesting (sneaking through the Henselt's camp for example),shame TW3 wont feature it

Stealth in TW2 honestly was not very good. If they aren't 100% committed to a mechanic, best to ditch it. That said, I always imagined stealth to be an integral part of a witcher's training.

Yeah you would think that witchers would be taught how to sneak up to a monster to catch it unaware and make an easier kill. But apparently not. They prefer to alert the monster before they attack, makes it more of a challenge i guess lol. Or maybe monsters in the witcher universe have too good eyesight/hearing/smell which makes sneaking up on them almost impossible so witchers don't even bother.

Geralt sneaking up on his enemies? No thanks

Geralt swinging his sword dismembering the hell out of his enemies you say? F**k yes

in TW2 the only thing relating to stealth was in one quest from what I recall.

There were 3 places
- sneaking out of prison in the prologue
- sneaking behind Loredo's "castle" in Act I
- sneaking through Henselt's camp and into his tent on Iorveth's path in Act II

It wasn't well done because there was too much trial and error involved.

I didn't enjoy the stealth sections, but what I can say in their favor is that being found didn't result in instant-fail, and in Loredo's case there was even a tiny repercussion on the story. Then again, I always weaseled my way out of those situations and reloaded. Loredo can suck it.

I didn't enjoy the stealth sections, but what I can say in their favor is that being found didn't result in instant-fail, and in Loredo's case there was even a tiny repercussion on the story. Then again, I always weaseled my way out of those situations and reloaded. Loredo can suck it.

"I was looking for the privy."

Top Bottom