Stealth tweaks I think would improve the game

+
1. Make the grab an unlockable body skill. It trivializes body disposal and makes the skill to pick up a body after a takedown kind of redundant. It should be a play style choice.

2. Enemies reacting to closing/opening door if in eyesight.

3. Better enemy sound detection. If I jump right next to an enemy maybe he should be able to hear it unless I have a cyberware the nullifies fall sound ?

4. Mini-map should not instantly reveal all enemies (only reveal enemies in a short distance from V). Relegate the ability to a skill or cyberware.

5. Mini-map should not have enemy vision cones from the get go. Relegate the ability to a skill or cyberware.

6. Aerial takedowns should be performed with an input and not activate automatically. Right now the implementation is finicky robbing the the player of precision. Also have the lethal/non-lethal option.

7. Cloak cyberware. I want to be an invisible ninja man.

Edit:
8. Faster enemy patrol routes. They stand around for too long.

I think these changes would make stealth more difficult, but more rewarding. Giving it a better progression path than what is currently in the game.

Last edited:
6. Aerial takedowns should be performed with an input and not activate automatically. Right now the implementation is finicky robbing the the player of precision. Also have the lethal/non-lethal option.

Definitely 7. I think they've even mentioned it in dialogue as something ripperdocs could install. On the aerial takedowns There's an optics mod that turns all of your damage to non-lethal, and I believe it worked on the aerial takedown as well.

Definitely 7. I think they've even mentioned it in dialogue as something ripperdocs could install. On the aerial takedowns There's an optics mod that turns all of your damage to non-lethal, and I believe it worked on the aerial takedown as well.
It's the ripperdoc at the Aldecaldos camp who mention that. A cameo cyberware.
But it could be a little bit too cheaty in my opinion. They already can't see you with "optics reboot" QH for a good while. You can knockout one by one a entire group of enemies without been detected with this QH :)

8. Make a stealth character with the throwing knives perk actually viable, by making it possible to loot back thrown knives from bodies, or by selling throwing knives in stores.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you can craft common or uncommon ones for "low cost" (but maybe not at the start).
But yeah, that's should be way better to recover your knife (especially if you have a really good one).

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you can craft common or uncommon ones for "low cost" (but maybe not at the start).
But yeah, that's should be way better to recover your knife (especially if you have a really good one).
But then your inventory become cluttered. It would be better if there were stackable knives, or if they were treated as ammunition, so your inventory doesn't become an endless list of knives if you want to go the stealth knife-thrower route.

2 is actually exist but only happen to a very short distance (If you mean the action of opening/closing the door). Enemies are also react to grabbed partners when they're very close to them

Last edited:
HD.png

Figured this'd be the right place to ask about Hidden Dragon. Does this actually work? Have never been able to perform it. Does it require specific key binding?

Unless I misunderstand, that's already a thing. Enemies only appear if you see them or they see you, unless you Ping the lot.
Yep if you "Ping", that reveal the enemies location, that's for sure... If not, you must see them :)
Figured this'd be the right place to ask about Hidden Dragon. Does this actually work? Have never been able to perform it. Does it require specific key binding?
One of the rare things I never tried. So I don't know how it work at all... :(

One of the rare things I never tried. So I don't know how it work at all... :(
Yeah, so. every time I enable it and try to assault unaware enemy - it does not offer any specific key binding to perform the action.
Referring to Assassin's Creed probably, it seems like it should be a different key binding to do it. But it's never active. :shrug:

1. Make the grab an unlockable body skill. It trivializes body disposal and makes the skill to pick up a body after a takedown kind of redundant. It should be a play style choice.

2. Enemies reacting to closing/opening door if in eyesight.

3. Better enemy sound detection. If I jump right next to an enemy maybe he should be able to hear it unless I have a cyberware the nullifies fall sound ?

4. Mini-map should not instantly reveal all enemies (only reveal enemies in a short distance from V). Relegate the ability to a skill or cyberware.

5. Mini-map should not have enemy vision cones from the get go. Relegate the ability to a skill or cyberware.

I think these changes would make stealth more difficult, but more rewarding. Giving it a better progression path than what is currently in the game.
Veeeery good advices ! Especially the first one. Even i suggested many times that the grab should be an unlockable and scaling body skill.
Example ? The Animals should require at least the perk plus body level of 18. And so on for other enemies. I don't know why they didn't think about it time ago. Good the other advices too

8. Make a stealth character with the throwing knives perk actually viable, by making it possible to loot back thrown knives from bodies, or by selling throwing knives in stores.

I haven't the slightest idea how these amazing developers left this out. Simply just let us loot it from the body or if you miss the target pick it up. Stackable knives or throwable knives is a bit much. Leveling up a good throwing knife takes precious resources. I hate to have to level up a stack of 20. Wowzers. I get it. You still have tons of bugs to work out and this may not be prio, but... It makes so much sense to have this in the game.

Turn off your mini map and half your list is sorted. Its 10x more fun playing stealth when you have to use ping and other stuff.

Sound is a really issue, enemies dosnt hear shite no matter, guess it will be fixed someday since theres expensive cyberware to make you silent.

Replying for old post but this might be something people are curious about in general.

It does work and activates automatically when dropping from higher position on hostile NPC. It's highly situational but has practical game play use and might go well for those who like to play silent cyber ninja type character.

Top Bottom