Stealth - What do you want to see?

+

Guest 4149880

I am hoping stealing it stealthily is an option. I hope the game does not need to strictly lay out every single path you can take in the mission objectives, but lets you discover them organically.

Yeah absolutely, because in the demo once you get the mission from Dexter, the player can then go about it how they want to complete it.

Main mission - Talking to Dexter to get Militech Flathead.
Optional - Meeting the Corpo grants the player 50k cred chip.
Optional - Use cred chip for personal gain or use virus against Maelstrom Gang.
Optional - Talk your way into Maelstrom gang, sneak in, take by force.

But none of this is required from what I understand. The end result is getting the spider bot regardless how hard the player makes it on themselves. Instead, use the 50k cred chip and buy a ton of gear if possible, break into gang hideout and wipe them out, or stealth in get the bot.

Using the cred chip virus on the gang is only to make an alliance with Corpo, but isn't required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah absolutely, because in the demo once you get the mission from Dexter, the player can then go about it how they want to complete it.

Main mission - Talking to Dexter to get Militech Flathead.
Optional - Meeting the Corpo grants the player 50k cred chip.
Optional - Use cred chip for personal gain or use virus against Maelstrom Gang.
Optional - Talk your way into Maelstrom gang, sneak in, take by force.

But none of this is required from what I understand. The end result is getting the spider bot regardless how hard the player makes it on themselves. Instead, use the 50k cred chip and buy a ton of gear if possible, break into gang hideout and wipe them out, or stealth in get the bot.

Using the cred chip virus on the gang is only to make an alliance with Corpo, but isn't required.

maybe you can bypass the virus, but leave it intact, and spend the 50k for some solid low lvl gear.

the options are endless in a dynamic environment :)

Please give me an example of that sort of thing in a 3D, non-isometric RPG.

Skills/stats affecting NPC reaction to your character?
Well I would say Vampire: Bloodlines, where an ugly Nosferatu cannot even speak with some NPCs while with a charismatic character you can resolve quest just by taking to said NPCs.

For the skills/stats affecting "actions", games which I remember to have that are isometric, But I don't see why those thing cannot be included in a full 3D RPG. Sure it takes more time, but so does every choice one can make.

Guest 4149880

maybe you can bypass the virus, but leave it intact, and spend the 50k for some solid low lvl gear.

the options are endless in a dynamic environment :)

Yeah exactly, in an interview they said you can do that. Basically once you got the cred chip, its 50k you have to use.

There will be those who look at trying to use anyone to gain the most.

Yeah exactly, in an interview they said you can do that. Basically once you got the cred chip, its 50k you have to use.

There will be those who look at trying to use anyone to gain the most.
they didn't say you can leave the virus intact.. but... if this missions stays in the game... i would play it like this. (if possible)

Guest 4149880

they didn't say you can leave the virus intact.. but... if this missions stays in the game... i would play it like this. (if possible)

Well basically if you use the cred chip virus, I believe it destroys the chip so the 50k is gone, where as if you keep the chip and use the 50k instead, you can buy gear weapons etc. But that would result in having to take down the gang hideout without using the virus method.

What I would like to see is the ability to not be seen while still completing quests or other objectives (whether they be set by the game or myself) from start to finish.
So, basically
Pertaining to stealth, I'd like to the option to be 100% ghost in/out of missions if done right and it's a viable option.

I don't have much experience with games where stealth is a major mechanic, but the one I know and like the best is definitely Dishonored. It can take forever to manage a mission without being spotted, plus it requires tons of planning, observing, waiting, and in some cases taking chances. But it is extremely rewarding to pull off Ghost -- and it's also exactly what I enjoy seeing when it comes to stealthing games.

Skills/gear/gadgets/etc. could, and probably should, provide bonuses to stealth -- but IMO it should also be possible to manage stealth without fancy or hard-to-get stuff. It would simply take more effort and time when going without any additional boosts or bonuses. That would also add another option to personalize the challenge that the playstyle presents; you could invest in boosts to have an easier time if you wanted to, but it would not be mandatory.

Nonlethal takedowns, disguises, light/dark affecting NPC detection, ways to distract NPCs, multiple alternative routes (with varying levels of challenge), maybe even manipulating NPCs so they attack each other -- these are things I think would enhance stealth gameplay. All of them are features I've had first-hand experience with, and they really are a lot of fun. I'm sure there's a lot more that I'm not familiar with but that could be cool.

What I would like to see is the ability to not be seen while still completing quests or other objectives (whether they be set by the game or myself) from start to finish.
So, basically

I don't have much experience with games where stealth is a major mechanic, but the one I know and like the best is definitely Dishonored. It can take forever to manage a mission without being spotted, plus it requires tons of planning, observing, waiting, and in some cases taking chances. But it is extremely rewarding to pull off Ghost -- and it's also exactly what I enjoy seeing when it comes to stealthing games.

Skills/gear/gadgets/etc. could, and probably should, provide bonuses to stealth -- but IMO it should also be possible to manage stealth without fancy or hard-to-get stuff. It would simply take more effort and time when going without any additional boosts or bonuses. That would also add another option to personalize the challenge that the playstyle presents; you could invest in boosts to have an easier time if you wanted to, but it would not be mandatory.

Nonlethal takedowns, disguises, light/dark affecting NPC detection, ways to distract NPCs, multiple alternative routes (with varying levels of challenge), maybe even manipulating NPCs so they attack each other -- these are things I think I would enhance stealth gameplay. All of them are features I've had first-hand experience with, and they really are a lot of fun. I'm sure there's a lot more that I'm not familiar with but that could be cool.
:love:

Seems a lot of my desires for stealth were granted.

I may offer passionate feedback on some areas of the game that I think are lacking, but I can't deny it sounds bloody amazing so far. Hope to learn more soon.

Guest 4149880

Seems a lot of my desires for stealth were granted.

I may offer passionate feedback on some areas of the game that I think are lacking, but I can't deny it sounds bloody amazing so far. Hope to learn more soon.

What I miss?

What I miss?
Quite a bit. I'll list some of it below.
  • 100% non-lethal playthroughs (main quest, side quest, everything) are confirmed. This wasn't always the case, but it was changed based upon feedback. They will be more challenging, but supported and possible.
  • There is cyberware to dampen the noise you make when walking/running. Other stuff too, but that's all they elaborated on.
  • All weapons and cyberware have a non-lethal option, with the exception of really over-the-top stuff like bazookas. Put enemies to sleep, knock them down, KO them outright, etc.
  • With a Techie perk, you can use the Flathead spiderbot (controlled by you) to interact with the environment, and perform various tasks to help you progress (some of which are mission-specific, which is neat).
  • You can distract enemies in multiple ways. Hack a vending machine to cause sodas to fall out, luring a nearby enemy over (remember when I said "believable"? sounds pretty believable to me).
  • You can drag, move, and dispose of bodies (in the private demo, the player shoved a KO'd enemy down a garbage chute).

Guest 4149880

Quite a bit. I'll list some of it below.
  • 100% non-lethal playthroughs (main quest, side quest, everything) are confirmed. This wasn't always the case, but it was changed based upon feedback. They will be more challenging, but supported and possible.
  • There is cyberware to dampen the noise you make when walking/running. Other stuff too, but that's all they elaborated on.
  • All weapons and cyberware have a non-lethal option, with the exception of really over-the-top stuff like bazookas. Put enemies to sleep, knock them down, KO them outright, etc.
  • With a Techie perk, you can use the Flathead spiderbot (controlled by you) to interact with the environment, and perform various tasks to help you progress (some of which are mission-specific, which is neat).
  • You can distract enemies in multiple ways. Hack a vending machine to cause sodas to fall out, luring a nearby enemy over (remember when I said "believable"? sounds pretty believable to me).
  • You can drag, move, and dispose of bodies (in the private demo, the player shoved a KO'd enemy down a garbage chute).

Nice, appreciate that Snow. This all sounds good to me so far.

Guest 4149880

This is great to hear. I also hope they have other autonomous and controllable tech as well that you can get your hands on.

Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (14).png

Top Bottom