Steam cloud messed with my save files

+
Steam cloud owerriten my current save with save files from 12 hours of gameplay ago.
well shіt. Guess there is no way to undo that one
1608387768093.png

Post automatically merged:

maybe it wasn't Steam cloud after all but kinda who cares. Now after thingking more about it i probably lost more than 12 hours of gameplay . Almost feels as if i want a refound but i want to keep the game.
What should i do, replay all the sidequst again for 12+ or just drop it entierly?
Post automatically merged:

the last save was made 3 days ago
all i was doing is just going through side quest

Last edited:
It's definitely a good idea to always do manual saves too.
I don't know if the amount of autosave games is unlimited on PC.

There usually is more than just one automatic save game. Is there no other auto savegame left that's close enough to the save game you are missing?

There is 10 autsaves, 3 manual saves and 3 quicksaves
And all 3 days old
I guess there is no way to fix that expect of doing all this stuff over again.
I even tried file recovery software, no luck there

And you are sure that the save games were saved properly?

It's also possible that the cloud save didn't sync properly, judging from the link I mentioned above.

But since it's on steam it's probably better to reach out to them in this case.

I checked the Steam cloud logs, the old saves got overwtiten and are gone forever.
There's also no previous versions of file in the savefiles properties
Steam support aint gonna help here. There is no turning back

1608395678351.png

Thanks for the help tho

It is most likely a problem on the steam side tho

Last edited:
Thats strange since if there is ever a conflict with cloud saves steam typically asks you which ones you want to keep. Might you have mistakenly selected the older saves when prompted?

I myself have had one time where the steam cloud was out of sync and it asked me if I wanted to use the local saves or the older ones on my cloud. This only happened when I was attempting to run the game directly through the Cyberpunk2077.exe to bypass the launcher. Ever since I stopped doing that, I have not had any issues.

Either way, people have been having issues with their saves on PC in general, best to start backing up your saves manually until the devs can get to the bottom of it. Saves are located here: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Thats strange since if there is ever a conflict with cloud saves steam typically asks you which ones you want to keep. Might you have mistakenly selected the older saves when prompted?

I myself have had one time where the steam cloud was out of sync and it asked me if I wanted to use the local saves or the older ones on my cloud. This only happened when I was attempting to run the game directly through the Cyberpunk2077.exe to bypass the launcher. Ever since I stopped doing that, I have not had any issues.

Either way, people have been having issues with their saves on PC in general, best to start backing up your saves manually until the devs can get to the bottom of it. Saves are located here: C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
That window did showed up, but i thought that it wants to rewrite my custom config file

Top Bottom